Thread: First 0-2 start since 1967

vCash

First 0-2 start since 1967

Howland is on fire!
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    I guess I'm going to have to reserve judgement until I remember to actually watch the team play, but it doesn't sound promising. I've never been a Howland fan so I'm sure that's not going to change.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    When do the ladies start so we can watch some good basketball !! representing MSU

vCash
    0-2 is certainly not the start I was hoping for. I always looked at this year as an NIT type season building toward next season after we lost Woodard though, so I'm still not hitting panic button yet. I wanna see this team with Molinar. Hopefully the hype surrounding him is real. T. Smith seems to be as advertised, so that's a huge plus. I'm a homer I suppose, but I still feel D. Smith, Molinar, and Stewart will be a handful come mid-season. Nice to see d. Smith go 10 pts 5 assists (2 TO) 5 reb 2 steals last night in 2nd college game.

vCash
    If we are being real, this team is not supposed to be good this year. They are really inexperienced overall. Hoping for improvement throughout the season and for a couple guys to step up and want to be stars.

vCash
    I hope Molinar is to this team what Q was.DJ needs some help.I’m impressed with Tolu. And Johnson is a good role player.Ado was much better last night.but 19 threes was too much.

vCash
    Meaningless stat. We almost always start with scrubs, not a P5 opponent and good mid-major.

If you look at how often we go 0-2 in our first 2 games against that level of competition, you'll have a better comparison.

vCash
    On fire? I thought you wanted to fire him?**** But like was said above, comparing these two starting games to our normal starting games is like comparing apples to oranges.

We played two good P5 teams and Liberty was lights out on the 3's. We have "young" players trying to mesh together as a team, but all the circumstances associated with Covid has not helped that. We also missed Molinar, being on the court, a lot in those two games.

vCash
    Sadly...I couldn’t tell you the last men’s basketball game I watched. It’s been a couple years I think. It’s just boring now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Sadly...I couldn?t tell you the last men?s basketball game I watched. It?s been a couple years I think. It?s just boring now.
    MBK has definitely suffered through the years. During the 90s, I absolutely loved MBK. Big east Monday on espn was an absolute must see in my teens.
    Last edited by msstate7; 11-27-2020 at 12:02 PM.

vCash
    They could do a few things to make it more entertaining... widen the lane to the NBA dimensions, go to quarters and resetting team fouls at the beginning of each quarter would be easy changes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    They could do a few things to make it more entertaining... widen the lane to the NBA dimensions, go to quarters and resetting team fouls at the beginning of each quarter would be easy changes.
    Same rule as college football about turning pro. You used to get to see grant Williams, Tim Duncan, jerry stackhouse, mashburn, etc, for more than 1 year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Howland is on fire!
    Not so bad yet. We played hard and I didn't see any selfish play. Also we have some talent. DJ is a matchup problem, DSmith is a baller, T.Smith is a very polished big man. This team just needs time together.

It was a little freakish we lost both. First game, we probably never shoot 29% FT again. Just shoot 55-60% and we beat Clemson.

Liberty had a school record 19 threes. They have an average or even slightly above average 3 night and we win that one.

Oh and don't forget we didn't have Molinar either.

I am still encouraged by what I saw.

Same for football, it is not that we won or lost it is how we looked doing it. More people were pumped about losing to UGA in football last week than they were in 2012 8-0 we believe tour. We were 8-0 but we didn't look good doing it.