Thread: 9 of 27 from the Free Throw Line

vCash

9 of 27 from the Free Throw Line

Wow. That is horrendous.

Do like our length and potential defensively. But holy crap that was bad

vCash
    Plus we missed at least 10-15 shots point blank.

vCash
    Yea we set offensive basketball back decades tonight

vCash
    Shooting free throws that poorly is inexcusable. I can still hit at least 75% and I'm old. How can you shoot free throws that badly? Smh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Shooting free throws that poorly is inexcusable. I can still hit at least 75% and I'm old. How can you shoot free throws that badly? Smh.
    I told my wife the same thing. I could get off the couch and walk onto the court and make at least 15 out of 27. Guaranteed.

vCash
    Obviously the FT shooting and shooting in general were at an unacceptable level last night. Hopefully it was just a really poor game. I'd give it 5 games and reevaluate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Obviously the FT shooting and shooting in general were at an unacceptable level last night. Hopefully it was just a really poor game. I'd give it 5 games and reevaluate
    You can't do that....don't you know how it works....immediately at the beginning of any sport, the bitching and calling for the firing of the coach and AD must begin. It's the MSU way.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    19 missed FT?s in an empty gym that is smaller than most high school gyms... FT shooting is probably the easiest thing that players could have done during the pandemic...

vCash
    If you are Tulo and your games is taking it to the hole, then you are going to the free throw line. He should have been shooting FTS for the last 2 years. He would have had at least 10 more points last night if he could shoot the freebies. And #2 wow he is just awful at the line. DJ isn’t Q, he can’t take the game over. He needs someone feeding Him not creating off the dribble. Hurry back Molinar

vCash
    Yes it was poor shooting FT's last night. I got money on those that can make 75%, first you got to run up and down the court for say 6 or 8 minutes. Then the bet begins for some of you out of shape, over the hill, wanna be a ball players, some just can't shoot FT's, it's shame and costly.

Btw, Rick Barry one of the all time great free throw shooters, did it with the "granny shot", amazing it's a lost art.

vCash
    Seriously, how do guys get D1 scholarships when it looks like they've never shot a basketball in their life? And I am primarily talking about the free throw line but we weren't much better from the field. Do we just sign any guy with the least little bit of size and athleticism with NO regard to whether they actually have any basketball skills?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Not to mention that Ado can't hit a bull in the butt with a bass fiddle. He has the worst touch around the rim of anyone I've ever seen around the rim.

vCash
    Man we suck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Seriously, how do guys get D1 scholarships when it looks like they've never shot a basketball in their life? And I am primarily talking about the free throw line but we weren't much better from the field. Do we just sign any guy with the least little bit of size and athleticism with NO regard to whether they actually have any basketball skills?
    Coaches, recruiters, and scouts often get enamored with getting great athletes, rather than great players.

He's got a great build, ball pops off his bat, sweet swing, quick hands. He's a great hitter. (So why is he hitting .195 and struggles to make contact?)

He's got good feet, strong, can break tackles, big time speed, can really run the ball (So why is he running into the back of his offensive tackle when there is a wide open hole between the guard and center?)

He's got good hops, really quick, a sweet stroke (So why can't he hit 3-pointers, layups, or free throws?)