Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Miss. State vs Clemson (Men's Basketball)

vCash
    just dunk the damn ball

vCash
    Is it just me or is adu basically the exact same as he was as a freshman?

vCash
    Our men's basketball program is completely dead ...the worst program in the conference

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    Our men's basketball program is completely dead ...the worst program in the conference
    Worst program in the conference? Are you an idiot? Pull up some stats/records to support this claim.

vCash
    State lost this game on Free Throw line 8-28. Wow

vCash
    Yes we don't look good and I'm beginning to get tired of Howland also... but we opened up against Clemson without Molinar with a young team so its hard to expect alot. But Howland I'm done taking up for Howland. I haven't seen any improvement since he has been at MSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Worst program in the conference? Are you an idiot? Pull up some stats/records to support this claim.
    As far as support and attention from the athletic department and alums. This administration decided a few years ago that men's basketball just wasn't going to be a priority going forward.

vCash
    I’m worried that FT effort isn’t a fluke. None of those guys have smooth shooting motions that make you think they hit 65-70% on a normal day.

vCash
    No true ball handlers (outside of Molinar). Deivon will be one in time, but he looks like a very tentative freshman. DJ is being asked to do too much. He's a jump shooter and defender. He can't run the show. No handles. Ado has not improved a bit in 4 years. Matthews, Tolu, and Javian Davis will help this year and only get better. All 3 were pretty impressive. Jalen Johnson is just running around out there. He's a nonfactor

Holding off judgment for a season projection until we can see how Molinar runs the show though. If he can be a serviceable PG and knock down some shots (supposedly he's improved his shooting dramatically) we'll be decent. It's hard to be even mediocre if you don't have a PG who can get the offense going.

We do have more freshmen and sophomores than ANY team I the country through. So, the future is bright...I guess?

vCash
    As far as support and attention from the athletic department and alums. This administration decided a few years ago that men's basketball just wasn't going to be a priority going forward.
    Well I'll give you that. We are a crappy MBK fanbase. On the court though, we are far from the worst. We've been solid top half last 3 years

vCash
    Tripp McNeely when we were signing all of those long forwards and bigs I brought up ball handling and PG play, we don't have enough guys that can handle the ball. In years past we had Q, Nick, Peter's and Carter who could all handle it... now we are down to 2 guys. You win with guard play in College and we lack depth there. We should have at least picked up a JUCO PG for depth

vCash
    This is Howland's swan song. His no-plan, anemic offense has plagued him everywhere he's gone. 1998 Big East basketball just isn't going to cut it these days.

vCash
    I just don’t see offensive talent - in years past you could see guys who were capable of being scoring options early in their career. Way too many of our guys for that athletic slasher role with no true shooting or scoring ability.

Maybe we should just full court press 100% of the time.

Hopefully it’s just one game and there were a bunch of nerves involved but I’m concerned at this point.

vCash
    This is Howland's swan song. His no-plan, anemic offense has plagued him everywhere he's gone. 1998 Big East basketball just isn't going to cut it these days.
    UCLA led the pac12 in scoring his last year

vCash
    Honestly I think Howland watches too much NBA and thinks if we just recruit enough athletes we?ll score by just being more athletic.

He seems to value that in recruiting more than guys who can shoot, dribble or pass better, but are not as dynamic. For instance he would have never recruited that Clemson guard who was the one guy hitting outside shots with a sweet shooting motion. He would have never passed Howlands eye test.

He thinks he can take plus athletes and teach them how to shoot and score and that’s not been working out so well for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Well I'll give you that. We are a crappy MBK fanbase. On the court though, we are far from the worst. We've been solid top half last 3 years
    Should've been better with three NBA guys.

vCash
    We play again tomorrow. Hopefully we see some improvements

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Exactly, we have 3 guys who were drafted to the NBA the last 2 years even though they were 2nd rounders... they were all 1 of only 60 players selected per their respective year. So we had 3 NBA draftees playing and didn't really win

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    All 3 on nba rosters 2021?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    We play again tomorrow. Hopefully we see some improvements
    Hopefully we do. I wanna see 5-7 games before I judge them