Thread: D-coordinator vs Ole Miss as opposed to MSU....

vCash

D-coordinator vs Ole Miss as opposed to MSU....

Against Ole Miss:

1. How much should I blitz?
    2. Should I play nickle, dime?
    3. How do I prepare for their tempo and handle substituions?
    4. Do I key on stopping the run? Should I spy on their QB
    5. Do I keep 2 safeties deep to take away the big play?
    6. How much man should I play, how much zone?
    etc., etc.

Against Mike Leach:

1. Copy game plan from previous 6 opponents + Washington, Rush 3, drop 8, play zone exclusively, occasionaly bring an extra man or two for fun. Tell LB's to keep the play in front but don't drop too deep. Rinse, Repeat every single game.

vCash
    haha yep. 2 weeks to work on zone coverage and 3 man front twists is a huge advantage for them.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    haha yep. 2 weeks to work on zone coverage and 3 man front twists is a huge advantage for them.
    For an average defense I would agree with you, and I?m sure it helps them a little. But this is still an awful awful defense that we can exploit.

Worth noting that Georgia, a significantly better D, also had extra time to prepare for us and they still struggled. Sure, Ole Miss will be more motivated than UGA was, but the talent gap between those two defenses couldn?t be larger, so to me that negates any extra motivation OM may benefit from that Georgia didn?t.

It?s not as simple as ?Ole Miss will just do what everybody else did?. Not when their D is as bad it is. Maybe they will play better than they have all year and stop us. But this is a poorly coached defense that is severely lacking in talent. It?s entirely possible and maybe even likely that they try to run a zone defense and are bad at it.

vCash
    Arkansas game vs both MS teams.

Against us: Arkansas put their nuts on the table pregame and said we are coming with the Washington defense.

Against OM: Arkansas rushed 3 and dropped 8 often and frustrated the hell out of Corral.

Hopefully Arnett can duplicate what Odom was doing vs OM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Against Ole Miss:

1. How much should I blitz?
    2. Should I play nickle, dime?
    3. How do I prepare for their tempo and handle substituions?
    4. Do I key on stopping the run? Should I spy on their QB
    5. Do I keep 2 safeties deep to take away the big play?
    6. How much man should I play, how much zone?
    etc., etc.

Against Mike Leach:

1. Copy game plan from previous 6 opponents + Washington, Rush 3, drop 8, play zone exclusively, occasionaly bring an extra man or two for fun. Tell LB's to keep the play in front but don't drop too deep. Rinse, Repeat every single game.
    Thats about the Gist of it/ Remember in the 4th QTR against us, UGA put the Lbs 6 yards deep rushed more off the edge and shut us down. Our last 4 possessions. 3 3 and outs and our last poss 7 plays and Will got hammered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Thats about the Gist of it/ Remember in the 4th QTR against us, UGA put the Lbs 6 yards deep rushed more off the edge and shut us down. Our last 4 possessions. 3 3 and outs and our last poss 7 plays and Will got hammered.
    Last drive we were given a 15-yd PF too

vCash
    Ole miss ain't GA.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Ole miss ain't GA.
    If we are not going to try to establish even a threat of running the ball, which their def is incapable of stopping, they could put the country day boys choir in a zone and stop us. Now if they are stupid and play man to man we will eat their lunch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Arkansas game vs both MS teams.

Against us: Arkansas put their nuts on the table pregame and said we are coming with the Washington defense.

Against OM: Arkansas rushed 3 and dropped 8 often and frustrated the hell out of Corral.

Hopefully Arnett can duplicate what Odom was doing vs OM.
    I agree to a point, give them a dose of the drop 8 medicine.

However, I think the risk is OM can run the ball and will do it. They will not force the pass if we drop 8, we'll get gashed on the run. There is the big difference in us and them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Oh, no our O has arrived and can't be stopped. We moved ball at will for 4 quarters against a top team in the countnry - one of top Ds mind you. We will score 50+ on OM.

vCash
    I think our rushing TDs vs UGA show that we're capable of running the football when we try.

It'll be interesting to see how Ole Miss plays us, but I definitely expect Leach to run the ball in this game & eat clock.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I think our rushing TDs vs UGA show that we're capable of running the football when we try.

It'll be interesting to see how Ole Miss plays us, but I definitely expect Leach to run the ball in this game & eat clock.
    Get Johnson or Marks behind Cross on a run or even a screen and Cross can probably clear a path wider than the Mississippi for Marks to run

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Ole miss ain't GA.
    Neither is Vandy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

I don't think the question was that we can't it is that we don't want to, even if it works. Now if we can throw to the RB then all is good. Reminder, we are air raid now.