Thread: Baseball

vCash

Baseball

4 players have chosen to leave and won't be back next spring. Just not going to play this spring and wanted an opportunity to, can't blame them.
    Puckett
    Berry
    Watkins
    Eagan
    There could be more that I'm not aware of... but these are what I've heard...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    4 players have chosen to leave and won't be back next spring. Just not going to play this spring and wanted an opportunity to, can't blame them.
    Puckett
    Berry
    Watkins
    Eagan
    Seems logical. I wish them all well. Puckett and Berry in particular need as many live AB's as possible.

vCash
    Puckett
    Berry
    Watkins
    Eagan
    Thanks for the update

vCash
    We should be f'ing good in beisball this season
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We should be f'ing good in beisball this season
    Gonna have to find enough offense
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I think Tanner and James have both stepped it up. But yes that's the weakness

vCash
    Thanks.

vCash
    I think Tanner and James have both stepped it up. But yes that's the weakness
    Meaning Logan Tanner. Tanner Allen is gonna be Tanner allen

vCash
    When we go against a stud LHP and bullpen LHP, that?s the problem as of today.

I?m hoping Cumbest will hit good against lefty?s. Since I didn?t see fall ball, I don?t know if any new LH hitters can hit LHP consistently.

This is where small ball will come in handy and our stacked pitching staff. Going to be some close games next spring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MsStateBaseball View Post
    When we go against a stud LHP and bullpen LHP, that?s the problem as of today.

I?m hoping Cumbest will hit good against lefty?s. Since I didn?t see fall ball, I don?t know if any new LH hitters can hit LHP consistently.

This is where small ball will come in handy and our stacked pitching staff. Going to be some close games next spring.
    I don't see Cumbest excelling at football or baseball as long as he does both. He's a developmental guy in both sports, and it's kinda hard to develop when you're splitting practices. I think he has a brighter future in baseball.

vCash
    Eagan leaving is the only one that sort of surprises me. I guess he wants to go somewhere to be a starting pitcher if I had to guess.

The others...not so much.

It's getting to the point where if you are not a three year draftable prospect you're probably not going to get to play a lot at MSU. Unless you are a super role guy like subamarine/sidearm/arm angle guy or you defy the odds like Elijah MacNamee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Gautreau is going to have to earn his paycheck this year.

The problem I see is most of our power guys are younger- Logan Tanner and Kamren James. We're going to need the veterans that are more hit for average guys to string hits together and it would be nice if someone busted out.