Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Egg Bowl Line Keeps Dropping

vCash
    Here is the simple breakdown: if they play prevent and jump our routes they will stop our O while their O will destroy our secondary.

If for some dumb reason they run man to man then we have a punchers chance...but they won’t. They will still win by 2+ TD’s. The line dropping is a trap. Look forward it to swing up rapidly 24 hours before the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    The key to stopping Corral is to get him uncomfortable. Clock him a few times and he starts making stupid decisions.
    How are we going to do that without our best 2 pass rushers?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Put some walkons in and have them jump offsides and waylay him a couple of times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Put some walkons in and have them jump offsides and waylay him a couple of times
    Good strategy*

vCash
    Their OL has been really good
    Our D Line has been good. If our offense can burn clock and keep them fresh they can make Ole Miss one dimensional.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Here is the simple breakdown: if they play prevent and jump our routes they will stop our O while their O will destroy our secondary.

If for some dumb reason they run man to man then we have a punchers chance...but they won’t. They will still win by 2+ TD’s. The line dropping is a trap. Look forward it to swing up rapidly 24 hours before the game.
    Them playing prevent would be our dream. Rogers will pick them apart with 5-7 yard passes because he'll have a day and a half to throw. This will allow us to control the clock. Let's all hope they're dumb enough to do that.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I don't remember vandy running drop 8 against them. Will have to go back and look on the app
    They tried to at the beginning of the game some and it didn’t work. I think it may be the best strategy we have though.

vCash
    Bring the damn house and hope we get there in time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    They tried to at the beginning of the game some and it didn’t work. I think it may be the best strategy we have though.
    I tend to agree. Nothing over the top. Make them drive the field.

The other train of thought is we don't have enough depth to stay on the field defending long drives all day so we better bring the house and either get sacks/turnovers or give up long TDs to get the ball back either way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I tend to agree. Nothing over the top. Make them drive the field.

The other train of thought is we don't have enough depth to stay on the field defending long drives all day so we better bring the house and either get sacks/turnovers or give up long TDs to get the ball back either way.
    So our two schools of thought on this: Bend But Don't Break vs 3rd and Grantham. I think we probably have to mix a little of both. We have to be extremely careful blitzing a bunch because we can't leave our safeties out on an island. If I had to guess Arnett will try to disguise drops different ways with blitz looks or he'll blitz on unconventional downs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    So our two schools of thought on this: Bend But Don't Break vs 3rd and Grantham. I think we probably have to mix a little of both. We have to be extremely careful blitzing a bunch because we can't leave our safeties out on an island. If I had to guess Arnett will try to disguise drops different ways with blitz looks or he'll blitz on unconventional downs.
    Whatever he does, if the pass defense that we took to UGA shows up Saturday, we are toast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    We'll definitely have to mix it up some, but I think we're going to have to be aggressive on first and second down in the first half to try to create negative plays and get off the field. If we play bend but don't break the first half, we may be too tired to execute anything effectively the second half.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    The key to stopping Corral is to get him uncomfortable. Clock him a few times and he starts making stupid decisions.
    I agree. knock him down a few times and talk trash to him. You can get inside of his head and he becomes careless with the football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Hey it's been done Before/

vCash
    O ye of little faith.