Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Braves offseason thread

vCash

Braves offseason thread

They've signed Drew smyly and Charlie Morton. I was really worried funds wouldn't be there, but apparently the funds are there. Now go get a big bat to replace ozuna, maybe ozuna
    Last edited by msstate7; 11-24-2020 at 11:47 AM.

vCash
    I know Morton is a little younger, but I was hoping they would bring Wainwright home.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    1. Fried
    2. Soroka
    3. Morton
    4. Smyly
    5. Anderson

That's as good as it gets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    1. Fried
    2. Soroka
    3. Morton
    4. Smyly
    5. Anderson

That's as good as it gets.
    Usually when I plan a trip to suntrust (truist now), I try to make sure I avoid certain starters. That won't be a problem this season.

I'm interested in who takes soroka's spot till he's ready. Will it be wright, Wilson, Folty, newcomb, or king Felix? That'll be what I'm most interested in ST.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Usually when I plan a trip to suntrust (truist now), I try to make sure I avoid certain starters. That won't be a problem this season.

I'm interested in who takes soroka's spot till he's ready. Will it be wright, Wilson, Folty, newcomb, or king Felix? That'll be what I'm most interested in ST.
    I was super impressed with Wilson in the NLCS. May have only been a one time thing, but he looked phenomenal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I know Morton is a little younger, but I was hoping they would bring Wainwright home.
    I wouldn't be opposed to wainwright, but I like smyly and Morton more

vCash
    Is Hamels still with the team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Is Hamels still with the team?
    FA

vCash
    Love the Morton signing. Why the Yanks didn't sign him after 2018 is beyond me.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Added ozuna. Need to get a reliever and a LH outfielder

vCash
    Nomar Mazarra would be a nice fit. Would love to grab Ramirez for 3rd in a trade with Riley and Waters being the main pieces.

vCash
    I'd sign Puig again. He has reverse splits so he essentially serves as a LH bat. Mazarra would be good too.

I'd love to establish the best lineup in baseball by trading for a Jose Ramirez, Matt Chapman, or a Eugenio Suarez. I just don't think AA will do it though. I'm just not sold with Riley at 3B full-time. But just for fun, let's say the DH is approved this season (not likely) and we do land a trade for Ramirez. You could split time with Riley and Ozuna in LF while the other DHs. Giving you a daily lineup of

1. Acuna - RF
    2. Freeman - 1B
    3. Ozuna - LF/DH
    4. Ramirez - 3B
    5. TDA - C
    6. Ozzie - 2B
    7. Swanson - SS
    8 - Riley - LF/DH
    9. Pache - CF

Best lineup in baseball.

vCash
    Ramirez would be great, but I doubt the Indians sell him esp for anything less than pache/Anderson package+.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Adam Wainwright is home.

vCash
    Just a few days from Spring Training, but there are still several holes that haven't been filled. The bench is incredibly weak. Signing Jason Kipnis is a start, but we still need another OF and maybe a backup catcher. As it stands now, Camrargo and Inciarte are our top two options and that isn't gonna work.

Also wouldn't hurt to add another BP arm. Shane Greene is still available. Money must be tight. In hindsight, maybe signing Smyly to his contract wasn't the best idea.

vCash
    Losing Melancon is gonna sting. Who will close? Keeping Ozuna is only good if the DH is here to stay for the NL.

Not sold on Austin Riley. Wish Duvall could have been retained, but he has limited fielding options. What is situation with Ender and Comargo?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Losing Melancon is gonna sting. Who will close? Keeping Ozuna is only good if the DH is here to stay for the NL.

Not sold on Austin Riley. Wish Duvall could have been retained, but he has limited fielding options. What is situation with Ender and Comargo?
    Will smith closer

Think ender starts in cf vs rhp.

Not sure on camargo

vCash
    1st ST game today at 12 vs TB. There's no tv though. Pretty good lineup of pitchers today.

David O'Brien
    @DOBrienATL
    ?
    1h
    #Braves plan to have these fellas toe the slab for Sunday's 7-inning Grapefruit League lid-lifter against the Rays: Kyle Wright, Sean Newcomb, Grant Dayton, Carl Edwards Jr., Chad Sobotka, Patrick Weigel.

vCash
    1. Inciarte CF
    2. Swanson SS
    3. Riley 3B
    4. Sandoval 1B
    5. Kipnis 2B
    6. Almonte RF
    7. Jackson C
    8. Heredia LF
    9. Ball DH

Wright starting

vCash
    I keep hoping we make a trade to acquire Chapman or Ramirez. We have a gaping hole at 3b. Riley isn't the answer.