Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
Yes- that's the thing...we're going to force people to have to play us a certain way. And for some teams that isn't how they want to play. The thing is that strategy only works against us if we're really bad at executing that day or you have an elite defensive line that can get pressure with three.

It levels the playing field because teams are basically hoping that we have a bad day or that they can just outscore us.
That is one thing I do like about the Leach offense and what I expect it to become over the next couple of years. A lot of teams in this league (Auburn, LSU, UGA, A&M, etc) really like to play in your face man coverage.

They will end up almost exclusively dropping a bunch of guys in zone against us, which is totally against their identity. I saw someone post after the UGA game that you could tell the UGA players hated the defense that they were being asked to play, and all I could think of was ?well yeah, is that not the point? As an offense we should strive to take more talented defenses out of their comfort zone and make them play on their heels.?

It?s why I think we have a great shot against Auburn in Starkville on 12/12, if we continue progressing.