Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do we play this week? Should we?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I don't know if it's really a safety issue but you can't defend against temp without subs. Could be ok if our offense is clicking and holding the ball for a long time. But while I want us to play, I don't see any reason for us to lose a game we can win because Ole Miss has already missed two games.
    I agree. We'll play well for the first half IMO. Somewhere in the 3rd quarter, the ole miss receivers will start to run by our guys and they'll throw a 60 yard TD pass.

After playing all out against jawja and then playing all out the first half of the egg bowl, our guys will wear out. That's just a fact. I don't want to see our guy's having to endure that. And ole miss will definitely run tempo to take advantage of that. Just like we would if the script was flipped.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    because I think we're getting better. Isn't that pretty obvious?
    Not based on one game it isn't...?..
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Seems like the SEC should throw us a bone here
    HA

vCash
    because I think we're getting better. Isn't that pretty obvious?
    Obvious? We've had 2 good quarters in what 6 games, the last two quarters were not great either. I know you have lowered the standard but lets see what we do down the stretch here.

vCash
    What happened to all the insiders saying we were forced to play Saturday and the SEC would reschedule the game to December? Psshhh...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Right....lol
    He is right actually. You want to produce mentally tough football players you play their(opponents) asses even if undermanned

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    What happened to all the insiders saying we were forced to play Saturday and the SEC would reschedule the game to December? Psshhh...
    I’ve been wondering the exact same.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    State played well last Saturday. If you can, you play this week to keep the momentum going. Also, there is no guarantee that you play Dec 19. The team could have an outbreak then too and then you lose the game all together.
    I don't have any inside information, but I bet college football will see a lot of makeup games played in late December/January for teams not involved in the playoff. It just makes sense to lets schools recoup some of their losses this year with a few extra home games.

vCash
    The fact is that the SEC Office wanted us to play against UGA this past Saturday, and they were very happy that we did so. Whether or not there was any undue pressure put on us to play the game as scheduled, then that can be debatable. . If our Covid numbers don't look good this week, as some think they won't , then playing the game this past Saturday should make it easier to request and get the SEC Office's approval to postpone the Egg Bowl until a December date, if our athletic departments so desires. Probably the 19th. Games can be switched around, within a certain time frame, to get the TV game that ESPN/SECN want for a particular day and time slot.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 11-24-2020 at 10:32 AM.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    You are mixing up groups of people. We were told to play Saturday by the conference. Whether or not they reschedule the egg bowl is a separate issue all together. That has been speculated but largely not by the same people.

vCash
    Yeah. There are no insiders. That's the one thing I've learned on this board. I love this community, but it's like every other message board. Zero inside information. Just rumors and gossip.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    You are mixing up groups of people. We were told to play Saturday by the conference. Whether or not they reschedule the egg bowl is a separate issue all together. That has been speculated but largely not by the same people.
    I'm not mixing groups. It was said here Friday of last week.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    I'm not mixing groups. It was said here Friday of last week.
    Yes you are. I’m the one who said we were told by the office that we needed to play last week. I was not the one who said we were getting the EB moved. Paul and Robbie from 247 have both said in the past week that they don’t expect the game to be played this week but I have no idea if it will be moved. I hope it is. Any confidence I have shown in any thread regarding this week’s game being moved is based on those 2’s opinion. I don’t know one way or another first or secondhand.
    Last edited by Jarius; 11-24-2020 at 02:59 PM.

vCash

They all have inside information once

The information is given to everyone ... lol...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I don't have any inside information, but I bet college football will see a lot of makeup games played in late December/January for teams not involved in the playoff. It just makes sense to lets schools recoup some of their losses this year with a few extra home games.
    I'm not sure that can happen with bowl games. If I'm an SEC team and get invited to the St. Pete bowl and get asked about a ticket commitment, I might be interested in what ESPN would pay for making up one of the conference games that was postponed. May not get as much money but would have a lot less expenses. But I'm assuming SEC schools can't just decline to play in bowl games that the SEC has contracts with.

I guess you could in theory play in a bowl game and then try to make up a conference game later; be interesting to see how much interest there is in games that have zero implications for conference standings or bowl games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Yes you are. I’m the one who said we were told by the office that we needed to play last week. I was not the one who said we were getting the EB moved. Paul and Robbie from 247 have both said in the past week that they don’t expect the game to be played this week but I have no idea if it will be moved. I hope it is. Any confidence I have shown in any thread regarding this week’s game being moved is based on those 2’s opinion. I don’t know one way or another first or secondhand.
    Gotcha, all I was saying was I read here of the date changes. I didn't know which individual said it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Contact tracing is 14 days
    A positive test is 10

Stupid I know
    What you say is true, I tested positive for Covid and I got 10 days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Yeah. There are no insiders. That's the one thing I've learned on this board. I love this community, but it's like every other message board. Zero inside information. Just rumors and gossip.
    Nah there's genuine insider info sometimes, it's just downed out by the 4 other posts also claiming to have insider info. Then we get threads on all 5 rumors with melts everywhere, and by the time the truth comes out nobody remembers which 5 original 'insider' posters said what and so none of us learn who is or isn't reliable.

At least C34 said last December that the Athletic Department often passes untrue stuff onto him and he runs with it anyway to help them out. That's an insider I can respect because he pretty much told us to ignore his crappy info lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Nah there's genuine insider info sometimes, it's just downed out by the 4 other posts also claiming to have insider info. Then we get threads on all 5 rumors with melts everywhere, and by the time the truth comes out nobody remembers which 5 original 'insider' posters said what and so none of us learn who is or isn't reliable.

At least C34 said last December that the Athletic Department often passes untrue stuff onto him and he runs with it anyway to help them out. That's an insider I can respect because he pretty much told us to ignore his crappy info lol
    Lol. Fair enough

vCash
    If we can make it through tomorrow then we're playing and we're sailing into Oxford with some bad 17 pirates and some bad 17 intentions.