Thread: Final Thoughts From Between The Hedges

vCash

Final Thoughts From Between The Hedges

Just a few things to sum up a surprising weekend to say the least:

1. #49Warriors. You know back in 2014 we had "We All We Got, We All We Need" well that team Saturday night personified that more than any team I've seen in the last 10 years.

2. It was fun to be emotionally invested in a game late in the 4th quarter again. Even though the loss stung and I'm not into moral victories, it was fun to watch and think there was a way to win again.

3. I might've been too quick to judge Will Rogers. I'll go ahead and eat crow on this one. I thought he would get eaten up by UGA's defense, but I never saw a moment of panic from the kid. He checked down when he needed to and took his shots when they allowed it. The throw to Walley was the best pass thrown by an MSU QB since Week 1. Sometimes you just can't judge what's inside a kid. I'm not ready to crown him just yet, but he showed a ton of grit and heart out there.

4. Our secondary is beyond bad. We knew this going into the game, but they were even worse than I thought. And hey, this isn't to talk crap about them because I believe that Duncan, Craft, Preston, and Guidry are good football players. Hell Preston has led us in tackles 2 or 3 games. They're just playing out of position because we're undermanned.

5. The amount of people who are going to be kicking themselves for missing on Jaden Walley could probably fill our stadium. The kid is a gamer and has breakaway speed. Really excited about having him for the next 3-4 years.

6. Aaron Brule is the next great MSU LB. He has the speed of Matt Wells and the ability to get to the football like KJ and BMac. He's going to be special and the kid is an absolute warrior.

7. Finally, I don't know what this weekend holds, but hell let's put the ball down and go look for a damn fight. 17 Ole Miss, Hail State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    And hey, this isn't to talk crap about them because I believe that Duncan, Craft, Preston, and Guidry are good football players..
    I don't
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    good post ... regarding #4 - I'm not yet ready to call them bad. Inexperienced or young doesn't necessarily translate to bad. If this offense requires repetition in practice then it stands to reason that young inexperienced D-backs require a similar repetition to improve
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I don't
    I think Preston can help you in spots down in the box. Not in coverage though.
    Duncan is a sophomore. I believe he can get better and be a solid sec player as a jr and sr, which really should be his path as a 3 star recruit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    good post ... regarding #4 - I'm not yet ready to call them bad. Inexperienced or young doesn't necessarily translate to bad. If this offense requires repetition in practice then it stands to reason that young inexperienced D-backs require a similar repetition to improve
    I think Emerson and Forbes have a chance to be a very good corner duo next year

vCash
    It is a joy to watch Brule play football. He has one speed.

It is also worth tipping your hat to veterans like Kobe Jones, Marquiss Spencer, Greg Eiland, and Erroll Thompson. Those are guys that have been in our program and played so many meaningful snaps over the years. I'd argue the snaps they played Saturday night were the most meaningful yet. Thank you guys for bringing it. Thats leadership. And it will continue to flow through the next man up like Emerson, Brule and Rogers.

For the record, it is also great to watch Emerson play. Forbes will get there too. He battles. Plays with a ton of effort.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Just a few things to sum up a surprising weekend to say the least:

1. #49Warriors. You know back in 2014 we had "We All We Got, We All We Need" well that team Saturday night personified that more than any team I've seen in the last 10 years.

2. It was fun to be emotionally invested in a game late in the 4th quarter again. Even though the loss stung and I'm not into moral victories, it was fun to watch and think there was a way to win again.

3. I might've been too quick to judge Will Rogers. I'll go ahead and eat crow on this one. I thought he would get eaten up by UGA's defense, but I never saw a moment of panic from the kid. He checked down when he needed to and took his shots when they allowed it. The throw to Walley was the best pass thrown by an MSU QB since Week 1. Sometimes you just can't judge what's inside a kid. I'm not ready to crown him just yet, but he showed a ton of grit and heart out there.

4. Our secondary is beyond bad. We knew this going into the game, but they were even worse than I thought. And hey, this isn't to talk crap about them because I believe that Duncan, Craft, Preston, and Guidry are good football players. Hell Preston has led us in tackles 2 or 3 games. They're just playing out of position because we're undermanned.

5. The amount of people who are going to be kicking themselves for missing on Jaden Walley could probably fill our stadium. The kid is a gamer and has breakaway speed. Really excited about having him for the next 3-4 years.

6. Aaron Brule is the next great MSU LB. He has the speed of Matt Wells and the ability to get to the football like KJ and BMac. He's going to be special and the kid is an absolute warrior.

7. Finally, I don't know what this weekend holds, but hell let's put the ball down and go look for a damn fight. 17 Ole Miss, Hail State.

I think Preston is going to have a bright career for us. He got flat footed one time, it happens. Unfortunately it happened at a bad time, much like Abram in the Outback Bowl against Iowa when he gave up the TD to the Iowa TE. Crap happens, but that kid is a ball player. Looking forward to seeing if we can get his brother to join the program as well.

vCash
    I just want to see us continue to move forward as much as the talent allows. One game vs GA is just one game if we don't keep it moving in a positive direction.
    Should get most guys back next week. That should really help us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I just want to see us continue to move forward as much as the talent allows. One game vs GA is just one game if we don't keep it moving in a positive direction.
    By next you mean vs Mizzou on 12-5?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    1. Whether or not Saturday was a moral victory depends on how we play going forward. It's meaningless if we suck

2. I don't think we get any of the main 3 guys that missed last weekend back this week due to contract tracing rules. Davis, Wheat, & Heath will all be out again
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    We won't suck against Mississippi, we have too many upperclassmen that remember.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!