Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Basketball in 3 days

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    The season won't resemble anything even close to normal. It's already a complete mess and it hasn't even started. I also find it hilarious that Auburn self imposed a post season ban this season. Classic Auburn trying to take advantage of the situation.
    Auburn is such a joke as Pearl. They are made for each other.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    I think most here would agree w/me that Howland's teams by in large have under performed and yet we've had talented teams. We just had two guys picked in the draft and yet last years team managed to finish 5th in the SEC and was on the NCAA bubble and that was with 4 starters back. If your measure of success is making the NIT and getting knocked out by Liberty in the 1st round of the tourney then I'm sure you're happy.
    4th.. highest finish ever with the current format
    and we finished ahead of Bama , Vandy , UGA ( number one overall pick) , Florida, who all had first round picks ..

Again I don’t really understand what some of you people want with our basketball program. He was given the keys to absolute dog shit when he was hired.
    there has been limited off the court bullshit, we are starting for the first time ever to put players in the league which will only lead to better recruiting , and Its not like we have a storied basketball history... we haven’t made it past the second round since 1996...

And with that measuring stick, you just described the Rick Stands years to a T.. and everyone seems to think those were the glory years..

Haven’t even played game one yet and The Howland Sucks crowd is already getting warmed up...
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 11-22-2020 at 09:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Auburn is such a joke as Pearl. They are made for each other.

Agree, and Will Wade still having a job is the biggest joke of all...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    and we finished ahead of Bama , Vandy , UGA ( number one overall pick) , Florida, who all had first round picks ..

Again I don’t really understand what some of you people want with our basketball program. He was given the keys to absolute dog shit when he was hired.
    there has been limited off the court bullshit, we are starting for the first time ever to put players in the league which will only lead to better recruiting , and Its not like we have a storied basketball history... we haven’t made it past the second round since 1996...

And with that measuring stick, you just described the Rick Stands years to a T.. and everyone seems to think those were the glory years..

Haven’t even played game one yet and The Howland Sucks crowd is already getting warmed up...
    I just glanced at our roster and noticed that it was all freshmen and sophomores and Ado. I'll adjust my expectations accordingly.

vCash
    Ari- alot of these guys think Stands was a good coach and that the SEC is the same now as it was in the days of going 8-8 in the SEC West could get you into the NCAA Tourney.
    Stands is 0-4 at WK in getting them to the NCAA Tourney.

I'm curious to see what Howland does this season without as many Pre-Madonna's on the team. I expect a hungrier, harder-playing basketball team.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post

Again I don?t really understand what some of you people want with our basketball program. He was given the keys to absolute dog shit when he was hired.
    there has been limited off the court bullshit, we are starting for the first time ever to put players in the league which will only lead to better recruiting , and Its not like we have a storied basketball history... we haven?t made it past the second round since 1996...

Haven?t even played game one yet and The Howland Sucks crowd is already getting warmed up...
    I'm gonna commend you for continuing to engage the haters, but I lost my sense of humor with them some time ago.