Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Basketball in 3 days

vCash

Basketball in 3 days

As far as I know. Is this game expected to go as scheduled? I'm really excited to see this team. I think ado has a huge senior season, and Stewart has a big r-so season.
    Last edited by msstate7; 11-22-2020 at 03:43 PM.

vCash
    I don?t know what to expect W/L wise but I?m excited to see this team. There?s pieces there. Young pieces and gotta give Howland some credit, he filled in some holes with some experienced guys like Tolu Smith, Javian Davis, and the ULL transfer.

Devion Smith, Molinar, and DJ are going to bring excitement and explosiveness at the guard spots. Ado is what he is, he ain?t gonna score a ton but damn he?s so valuable on defense and rebounding.

I?m excited to see Cam Matthews and Keondre Montgomery too. I don?t know how we will fare record wise but I think we could be an exciting team to watch when things are going good. Just gonna be some lumps in there with all the youth.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    As far as I know. Is this game expected to go as scheduled? I'm really excited to see this team. I think ado has a huge senior season, and Stewart has r-so season.
    I"m really looking forward to watching Molinar this year. He's a player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I"m really looking forward to watching Molinar this year. He's a player.
    Will he and d. Smith play together?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    I don?t know what to expect W/L wise but I?m excited to see this team. There?s pieces there. Young pieces and gotta give Howland some credit, he filled in some holes with some experienced guys like Tolu Smith, Javian Davis, and the ULL transfer.

Devion Smith, Molinar, and DJ are going to bring excitement and explosiveness at the guard spots. Ado is what he is, he ain?t gonna score a ton but damn he?s so valuable on defense and rebounding.

I?m excited to see Cam Matthews and Keondre Montgomery too. I don?t know how we will fare record wise but I think we could be an exciting team to watch when things are going good. Just gonna be some lumps in there with all the youth.
    Are Matthews and Montgomery expected to contribute this season?

vCash
    Matthews for sure. He may even start.

vCash
    Will he and d. Smith play together?
    Yes, I was hoping for: Smith, Molinar, Stewart, Tolu, and Ado. But Howland must be concerned about backcourt depth so he's going to bring Smith off the bench and start Matthews at the 3. Howland still is a little old-school, more traditional when it comes to positions.

vCash
    I think Cam can contribute. He’s pretty college ready body wise just needs the experience. Montgomery might be a stretch to contribute but I just want to see him here and there just sprinkled in to see what he can do.

vCash
    Yep I'm ready for some basketball - Mississippi State Style

vCash
    Yes, I was hoping for: Smith, Molinar, Stewart, Tolu, and Ado. But Howland must be concerned about backcourt depth so he's going to bring Smith off the bench and start Matthews at the 3. Howland still is a little old-school, more traditional when it comes to positions.
    I may need to edit predicting big season from Stewart

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    I think Cam can contribute. He’s pretty college ready body wise just needs the experience. Montgomery might be a stretch to contribute but I just want to see him here and there just sprinkled in to see what he can do.
    I'm pretty impressed that he may unseat Stewart. That says a lot to me

vCash
    I'm pretty impressed that he may unseat Stewart. That says a lot to me
    Nah he won’t unseat DJ. It’ll be Molinar at the 1, DJ at the 2, Cam at the 3, Tolu at the 4, and Ado at the 5.

Bring Devion, Javian Davis, and the ULL transfer off the bench for your 3 key reserves.

I personally think DJ is about to be a 17-18 PPG guy. He’s explosive and he’s really improved his 3PT shooting since getting here.

vCash
    I may need to edit predicting big season from Stewart
    Why? I think you misunderstood my post. Starting 5 will be: Molinar, Stewart, Matthews, Tolu, and Ado. Smith, Johnson, and JD will be first 3 off the bench. Stewart will probably be our leading scorer.

vCash
    Why? I think you misunderstood my post. Starting 5 will be: Molinar, Stewart, Matthews, Tolu, and Ado. Smith, Johnson, and JD will be first 3 off the bench. Stewart will probably be our leading scorer.
    I did. Thanks

vCash
    I'm gonna step out on the limb here. I'm going to say this team will under perform, much like the vast majority of teams we've had in recent years. I hate to be a downer but I really don't have much faith in CBH at this point.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    I'm gonna step out on the limb here. I'm going to say this team will under perform, much like the vast majority of teams we've had in recent years. I hate to be a downer but I really don't have much faith in CBH at this point.
    Going out on a limb??
    What are your expectations?
    This will prob be the deepest the SEC has been in years . I think most publications and experts have us picked in the bottom half of the conference..

And with CBH we just finished the highest we have ever finished in the SEC with the 14 team format ..

vCash
    I don’t have much faith in Howland, but I do think he will do better now that we don’t have big personalities on the team (Perry, Peters). He seems like a slightly better X and O version of Stansbury.

vCash
    The season won't resemble anything even close to normal. It's already a complete mess and it hasn't even started. I also find it hilarious that Auburn self imposed a post season ban this season. Classic Auburn trying to take advantage of the situation.

vCash
    I think most here would agree w/me that Howland's teams by in large have under performed and yet we've had talented teams. We just had two guys picked in the draft and yet last years team managed to finish 5th in the SEC and was on the NCAA bubble and that was with 4 starters back. If your measure of success is making the NIT and getting knocked out by Liberty in the 1st round of the tourney then I'm sure you're happy.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    I certainly can see why anyone would say that but I think is going to be his best team. That may sound equally crazy but we have talent but not too much NBA talent to where I think they will play hard, unselfish and get after folks. At least that is what I'm hoping.