Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Egg Bowl Line

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    The way to beat Ole Miss is to run the ball. We can't run it. We will lose.
    It was a little better this past week. Minus sacks, we ran 11 times for 38 yards.
    Not great, but not horrible. 3.5 yards a carry vs Uga could easily translate to 4.5 vs Mississippi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Well, they are 117th in the country in rushing defense. But they are also 110th in the passing defense. So they are terrilbe at both.

They will sit back in the 3-8 and try to force checkdowns and mistakes. Our margin for error will be very thing b/c they are going to score at will.
    I really don't agree with you here. I think our defense can cause a few stops - not many but enough.

If we can continue to hit the check downs and not turn it over, their DL will not be able to put pressure on us. Its a really great setup for us to be successful. The GA game should give everyone on our offense a lot of confidence to move the ball. I don't think they will be able to make the swing passes and check downs be 3-4 yard gains. I think they will end up being 5-6 yard gains and that will work all the way down the field.

I also expect us to burn clock. Our DL will cause them problems.

Maybe I'm wrong, but this is a good matchup for us.

vCash
    Mississippi’s offense is better than Georgia’s. We will have to keep burning clock and shortening game. Mississippi is going to score 30-plus
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Mississippi’s offense is better than Georgia’s. We will have to keep burning clock and shortening game. Mississippi is going to score 30-plus
    It should be a fun game to watch..... But we won't be able to keep up. Our D will get gassed and our O isn't good enough to score 40+.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    We need to control the ball and play keep away like we did with UGA. It will frustrate them and make them impatient when they do get the ball.

vCash
    Yep.

vCash
    Mississippi's tempo will be the biggest difference from uga. Playing 20 scholly guys on defense against a tempo offense is a safety issue. Not smart.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Mississippi's tempo will be the biggest difference from uga. Playing 20 scholly guys on defense against a tempo offense is a safety issue. Not smart.
    Which is why we really need the game to be moved to 12/19.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Which is why we really need the game to be moved to 12/19.
    Any reason we are not doing so? We are under 53 so we can right?

vCash
    Any reason we are not doing so? We are under 53 so we can right?
    Ole Miss has already had two games cancelled. If this one cancels, that more or less ensures one of their games won't be made up, which means the SEC will get less tv money.

I'm mostly for playing and getting money and treating this year as a chance for practice, but I don't really want to play an uptempo offense with a severely depleted defense because Ole Miss has already lost two games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Ole Miss has already had two games cancelled. If this one cancels, that more or less ensures one of their games won't be made up, which means the SEC will get less tv money.

I'm mostly for playing and getting money and treating this year as a chance for practice, but I don't really want to play an uptempo offense with a severely depleted defense because Ole Miss has already lost two games.
    Just one game cancelled right? Vs Aggie?

vCash
    Just one game cancelled right? Vs Aggie?
    I had it in my head that their off week Nov. 7th was a cancelled game, but I guess it was just an off week. So I really don't get the need to push so hard to play if we can both make it up Dec. 19th.

vCash
    And their defense is the worst we will see all year long. I would rather be in our shoes than them. We can get a pick or two off of corral. Biggest concern to me against them is deep ball obviously and their tempo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    And their defense is the worst we will see all year long. I would rather be in our shoes than them. We can get a pick or two off of corral. Biggest concern to me against them is deep ball obviously and their tempo
    Yep on tempo. Which is why we should push it to 12-19

vCash
    With 2 weeks to get ready for us- their D will play decently

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    The line has dropped to 8.5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Ole Miss is a 12 point favorite.
    Gun to my head I take ole miss and lay the points. I'd bet the over as well.

I would have lost vs Georgia though. Had no idea we'd be disciplined enough to sustain drives or they'd be bull headed enough to keep trying to run the ball. So totally wrong on both counts in that game.

Ole Miss's tempo game will ruin us. With our without healthy personnel. We dont have the running game to control the clock. The combination is a disaster for us.

THat said, I hope we play. Never back down from defending the egg. Never.

vCash
    With 2 weeks to get ready for us- their D will play decently
    2 weeks ain?t gonna make a difference for as bad as they are and as bad as our safeties are

vCash
    Would you rather be the team with the improving offense and decent defense or the team with a good offense and worst defense in school history

vCash
    2 weeks ain?t gonna make a difference for as bad as they are and as bad as our safeties are
    yeah yeah. Wyatt- your son is awesome and their D dont stand a chance. I hear ya. The Cowboy is going to be a good QB. No doubt. I may be wrong- I just dont think we can score like they can. It doesnt take a very good D to slow us down offensively. I know everybody is giddy after Saturday, but I'm gonna have to see more evidence