Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 cents

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

2 cents

First off, Which ever one of y?all it was that was saying will Rogers was ?my QB? and not yours and that he would struggle to keep his job, eat it and I told you so. He is a winner. Been telling it for a while.

More importantly we have got to change the way we are lining up and playing vs trips. We are giving about 8 yards of cushion and still getting ran by. Come down and be physical at least we will get beat swinging. Our zone drops by LBs have to change. All we do is stare at the QB. Brule made one good play bc he turned and look and found 3 and made a play on the ball. It is a crying shame Arnett coaches to not give up the big play and all we give up is big plays. Our alignment and everything we do with our safeties are playing not to get beat over the top and it lost us the game. The pass interference call in the first quarter was awful and it played a huge hand in them winning.

This offense is going to work. When we run the ball it is bc Will checked to it. I think he can afford to check a little bit more but Leach will always give him hell for It. He looks at it like bunting. Amazing what a half decent OL will do. Winning the vandy game with the OL we had was a miracle. If you don?t like it get off and go like someone else.

We should have won it. 49 players be damned. Those are the 49 best we got so let?s play. If we can get some back we will beat OM. They won?t stop us. We won?t stop them but we can get more stops than they can.

vCash
    nevermind

enjoy your day.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 11-22-2020 at 01:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    nevermind

enjoy your day.
    What are you a *****?
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Rogers... AKA "The Cowboy". Love Dari on SEC Network when he throws that out there. Rogers seemed to make the reads fast last night, and to think only a true freshman and the more reps the better they all perform. His accuracy is a Leach QB trait, and that perfection an entire game will wear teams out.
    Walley , putting up numbers on one of the best defenses in the country, and sporting the Flying M postgame(that just goes with this offense).
    Tulu siting last night.
    Austin doing what Austin does.
    Heath...missed him last night. He will ball out , if this egg bowl moves to Dec 19. TSUN cannot contain Heath before or after a catch.

We have guys that have swagger and want to knock the *** out of someone as soon as they step off the team bus. That is my favorite part of this Fighting 49 (or do we say 59).

vCash
    I have no idea where the cowboy comes from never heard it in my life

vCash
    Come on guys

CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Come on guys

LMAO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbone View Post
    LMAO
    Believe it was Will Rogers who said something to the effect of, "buy land, fellas. 'Cause God ain't making any more of it."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaChicagoDog View Post
    Believe it was Will Rogers who said something to the effect of, "buy land, fellas. 'Cause God ain't making any more of it."
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Come on guys

They must not be old enough to remember Gun

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    They must not be old enough to remember Gun
    So sad

vCash
    I understand why so many MSU fans were down on our D after Joe but no need to doubt this D. We know how to play D. Yes we get the occasional Sirmon D but for the most part MSU gets nasty types that play high level D. We still got that, I don't care what the recruiting rankings say. They should revise some of that if a D player chooses MSU. He might be undervalued for some reason. Before many jump on I'm saying that in comparison to all the 5 star D at UGA.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I understand why so many MSU fans were down on our D after Joe but no need to doubt this D. We know how to play D. Yes we get the occasional Sirmon D but for the most part MSU gets nasty types that play high level D. We still got that, I don't care what the recruiting rankings say. They should revise some of that if a D player chooses MSU. He might be undervalued for some reason. Before many jump on I'm saying that in comparison to all the 5 star D at UGA.
    The state of Mississippi has historically produced more defensive talent than current day offensive talent. We should always have a solid D based on what the high schools produce. Add in the fact that rural Mississippi high schools are not as watched by the recruiting services and you have a ton of Jonathan Banks diamonds across the state. I prefer we keep it that way. Hell, Chris Jones was an example of a kid on very few radars before he became one of the most sought after recruits in the nation.

Where we are lacking is the skill offensive guys, and air it out QB types. The QB part is taking care of itself. Mississippi lacks in this ares and it seems each year the few go elsewhere. Leach going into Texas and other parts to fill these needs for his offense should only further improve it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    The state of Mississippi has historically produced more defensive talent than current day offensive talent. We should always have a solid D based on what the high schools produce. Add in the fact that rural Mississippi high schools are not as watched by the recruiting services and you have a ton of Jonathan Banks diamonds across the state. I prefer we keep it that way. Hell, Chris Jones was an example of a kid on very few radars before he became one of the most sought after recruits in the nation.

Where we are lacking is the skill offensive guys, and air it out QB types. The QB part is taking care of itself. Mississippi lacks in this ares and it seems each year the few go elsewhere. Leach going into Texas and other parts to fill these needs for his offense should only further improve it.
    Our defense should always be good enough...

In the past decade, we've only had a bad defense twice & once was when we had the worst DC in college football (Sirmon) and the 2nd was last year when we had tutor gate and a massive culture issue on the team.

As long as MSU has the right culture, a competent DC, & few opt out/suspensions, our defense should keep us in every game except vs Bama.

Thus, it's all about the offense. Our normal defense starts MSU off at a 6-6 or 7-5 record every year. Anything in addition to that or in reduction to that is on the offense
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    "I never met a man I didn't like." -Will Rogers

"Will Rogers never met Dick Vitale." -MSU Student section

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post

Lots of MS HS teams throw it around. 7 on 7 is just about to AAU level. Not to come at you but the whole narrative about HS offenses here is out of date. You get down to smaller school ball and they are wing t heavy. Nothing wrong with that either

vCash
    Crazy they get their 5 star QB and best WR back for our game. I keep hearing how Ole Miss is going to eat our DB's up. Well State will only have to defend one WR this saturday unlike last night where GA and two to three four and five stars on the field at one time. Ole Miss will get thier passing yards but it will not be as hard to defend as last night just due to the fact they don't have the same offensive talent as GA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Crazy they get their 5 star QB and best WR back for our game. I keep hearing how Ole Miss is going to eat our DB's up. Well State will only have to defend one WR this saturday unlike last night where GA and two to three four and five stars on the field at one time. Ole Miss will get thier passing yards but it will not be as hard to defend as last night just due to the fact they don't have the same offensive talent as GA.
    Pisses me off that JT Daniels is even eligible and pisses me off more that he becomes healthy enough to play just in time for us. The NCAA can go you know where. JT Daniels transfers 3000 miles across the country for NO other reason than he had lost his starting gig at USC and gets his waiver because schools like Georgia get special treatment. We can't even get a guy eligible that transfers to us from Louisville who is from Birmingham because he is roughly 40 miles outside of the NCAA's stupid 100 mile radius rule (which is a discriminatory rule to rural schools). I truly hate the NCAA. In my view we lost to Georgia last night with them playing an illegal player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    We won?t be scared but Mingo and Moore are better than pickens and number 7. They have been this year for sure. OMs OL is not as good as UGA. Our OL is better than their DL and our DL is better than their OL but not by as much. I believe we can get enough stops to win the game especially if we can get some of our guys back

vCash
    Mingo isn't better than #7 or #1 from Ga. However, I agree Moore is a more dangerous player.