Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 cents

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    What are you a *****?
    Oh, I was just laughing at the irony of the OP saying if fans don't like the OLine to "get off". Yet 1/3 of the post is bitching about the defense. The only consistent unit on this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Oh, I was just laughing at the irony of the OP saying if fans don't like the OLine to "get off". Yet 1/3 of the post is bitching about the defense. The only consistent unit on this team.
    Sec ranks...
    Total offense - 13th
    Yds/play - 14th
    Scoring offense - 13th
    Sacks allowed - 12th

Total defense - 4th
    Yds/play - 5th
    Scoring defense - 6th
    Sacks - 3rd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Mingo isn't better than #7 or #1 from Ga. However, I agree Moore is a more dangerous player.
    And Mingo missed their last game is listed as questionable with an injury for this weekend.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I wasn?t bitching about the whole defense. I was bitching about our safeties and how we align to trips. The front 7 played pretty well as they have done all year. The secondary struggled pretty much as they?ve done all year. It cost us the game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Sec ranks...
    Total offense - 13th
    Yds/play - 14th
    Scoring offense - 13th
    Sacks allowed - 12th

Total defense - 4th
    Yds/play - 5th
    Scoring defense - 6th
    Sacks - 3rd
    What was UGA ranked passing the ball coming into the game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    They were 11th at 209 ypg; now 9th at 237 ypg
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    They were 11th at 209 ypg; now 9th at 237 ypg
    Yea so they are not a good passing team. Daniels is not that good. Hate to tell everybody. There is a reason he was not playing to begin with. Pickens is a good player. Their backs and OL are good but 7 had like 10 catches coming into the game, I did not look that is what the announcers said on the TV. And he torched us. We are going to have to get a lot better talent in the secondary (esp at S) or change how we are aligning. Playing scared and still getting beat deep does not make sense

vCash
    Yea so they are not a good passing team. Daniels is not that good. Hate to tell everybody. There is a reason he was not playing to begin with. Pickens is a good player. Their backs and OL are good but 7 had like 10 catches coming into the game, I did not look that is what the announcers said on the TV. And he torched us. We are going to have to get a lot better talent in the secondary (esp at S) or change how we are aligning. Playing scared and still getting beat deep does not make sense
    Daniels isn't good? You're really fishing again. We have to get better all across the board in the SEC not just safety. No SEC safety can cover a legit SEC WR one on one. It's called mismatches for a reason. They were put in bad situations. Their Qb recognized it and took advantage of it.

vCash
    There is a huge difference in Stetson Bennett and JT Daniels. HUUUUUUUGE. Bennett is basically Mike Henig without the broken collar bones - which why their passing and receiving numbers were so low coming into our game. DAniels threw for almost 2700 yards at USC. Burton (#7) is a true freshman who was a 4 star 96, and was the #82 overall recruit last class. Yes, our safeties were bad and they took full advantage - but saying Daniels and Burton aren't good is a bad take.
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    There is a huge difference in Stetson Bennett and JT Daniels. HUUUUUUUGE. Bennett is basically Mike Henig without the broken collar bones - which why their passing and receiving numbers were so low coming into our game. DAniels threw for almost 2700 yards at USC. Burton (#7) is a true freshman who was a 4 star 96, and was the #82 overall recruit last class. Yes, our safeties were bad and they took full advantage - but saying Daniels and Burton aren't good is a bad take.
    This is dead on.

I'm just glad we have a freshman Qb that can already make reads and check it down to a run.

vCash
    Mingo isn't better than #7 or #1 from Ga. However, I agree Moore is a more dangerous player.
    UGA wanted Mingo bad. I think you were the main one who said Will wasn?t any good either so.

vCash
    We made Daniels look better than he is. Ole miss is going to line up in trips and pick on our safeties as long as we keep lining up the way we are. That was my whole point. We are playing scared and understandably so from Arnetts perspective. But if we are playing scared and still giving up big plays we might as well bring more than they can protect and come down and be physical. It is impossible to play man from 8 yards off

vCash
    If we are going to play scared then we need to drop off and play a true quarters or 7 look. If we are going to do what we have been doing we might as well go down swinging. We will get more pressure on OM than we did UGA. I think we can confuse Corrall bc be will turn it over.

Was not trying to just dog the defense out they played hard and we won up front all night. But we have to change that. Just my opinion

vCash
    Daniels isn't good? You're really fishing again. We have to get better all across the board in the SEC not just safety. No SEC safety can cover a legit SEC WR one on one. It's called mismatches for a reason. They were put in bad situations. Their Qb recognized it and took advantage of it.
    Na. I just know what I?m talking about. Lots of SEC safeties cover 1 on 1. Daniels is no game changer. Pickens is legit other than him they won?t scare anyone. They are still going to hand it off first

vCash
    Or a 3 deep cloud look to trips with man to the 1 WR side would help too. Could double cloud it. It?s what we see a lot on offense so we know what it looks like

vCash
    We made Daniels look better than he is. Ole miss is going to line up in trips and pick on our safeties as long as we keep lining up the way we are. That was my whole point. We are playing scared and understandably so from Arnetts perspective. But if we are playing scared and still giving up big plays we might as well bring more than they can protect and come down and be physical. It is impossible to play man from 8 yards off
    No doubt we made him look terrific (and DJ Shockley blowing him after every pass made him sound like a Heisman candidate), but he's also already proven to be a servicable QB at USC. He was also the difference in UGA winning and losing. Under Bennett, who is arguably the worst QB in the SEC, UGA loses that game.
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    No doubt we made him look terrific (and DJ Shockley blowing him after every pass made him sound like a Heisman candidate), but he's also already proven to be a servicable QB at USC. He was also the difference in UGA winning and losing. Under Bennett, who is arguably the worst QB in the SEC, UGA loses that game.
    The pass interference in the first quarter was terrible. Daniels noodle armed it and they got bailed out

vCash
    Useless comparison. Daniels hasn't played all year and Pickens has been out. Everyone is dissing on our secondary but Forbes and Emerson can play. Got some BS PI calls. Those two can tackle too.

Also UGA made some big passing plays but we had decent coverage on several of the plays. Daniels ball placement was perfect all night.

Our safeties are head hunters. Craft and Preston are young but they tackle well. Missing Murphy, Morgan and Peters hurts. I feel very good about D going forward.

Jury still out on O.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Useless comparison. Daniels hasn't played all year and Pickens has been out. Everyone is dissing on our secondary but Forbes and Emerson can play. Got some BS PI calls. Those two can tackle too.

Also UGA made some big passing plays but we had decent coverage on several of the plays. Daniels ball placement was perfect all night.

Our safeties are head hunters. Craft and Preston are young but they tackle well. Missing Murphy, Morgan and Peters hurts. I feel very good about D going forward.

Jury still out on O.
    Daniels wasn?t the point. The point was Mingo and Moore are better than number 7. They are. If we don?t change how we are playing alignment wise at safety they will hurt us.

Forbes has been picked on at times. He doesn?t always play with great effort either. He got beat (and that?s going to happen to the best of them) but then he watched his boy make the tackle and he just gave a little shove. Not to mention the play vs 6 from bama where he just quit on it for a TD.

I like him he is going to be good not trying to bash him, he?s def one of the best we have but we made Daniels and the others look better than they are. If they don?t get the awful PI call early on 3rd down we win the game

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Or a 3 deep cloud look to trips with man to the 1 WR side would help too. Could double cloud it. It?s what we see a lot on offense so we know what it looks like
    I don't know if I would dbl cloud. I know with the 3-3-5, you run a lot of UNO and variances of Cov 3.
    I called some Q/Q/H when we ran the 3-3-5 out west. (Quarter/Quarter/Half)

The issues we will face with OM is their play-action is so dang lethal, and I'm afraid it could be cryptonite this week because they have had some great success rushing against a 30 front this year. Their inside run blocking has been significantly improved and they attack the edge with speed. They will have a unique advantage on us especially without Davis and Wheat