Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Georgia Isn't Going Anywhere Under Kirby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by USS Relf View Post
    Don't define UGA's entire program off of one game. This is an extremely hot take due to the fact that Kirby is the best recruiting coach Georgia has ever had and it's not particularly close. QB issues tormented the team earlier in the year. In the next decade, Georgia will have a team who puts it all together (finds the right QB) and has a dreamlike LSU season. At the very worst, UGA will be competing to win the East every season and at the very best they're in constant playoff contention as one of the nation's four best teams. If that's "Isn't Going Anywhere," then I'd hate to know the state of MSU's program. Kirby is one blown coverage away from winning a national title.
    Don't judge MSU off one game either like many are doing. Our O stalled bad in second half. UGA coaching got exposed last night was about the biggest thing I took from UGA standpoint.

vCash
    I'm stealing Goff 2.0. My insanely obnoxious UGA fan friends have been brutal. Shitting on Mullen left and right and then they get 5 star handled by UF. Now they are pathetic and it's quite enjoyable. Now they think Daniels is the savior vs a defensive backfield full of walk ons and no running game to speak of despite ALL THE STARZZZZ. 17 'EM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I have always jokingly called Kirby Goff 2.0 to my UGA friends. He's really something of a combo of Goff and Richt. Like Goff, he is a prodigal son. Like Richt, he seems to manage the program pretty well. All were damn good long-time assistants who were known for recruiting. But, none of them could win the games that mattered, and none of the 3 evolved their offensive approaches. All of them have had talent and money advantages that should have them winning titles - and yet somehow they somewhat underachieve.

Watch next week - Kirby will come out and try to establish the run, again. I wouldn't be surprised if Daniels takes a step back and USC gives them a game.