Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Georgia Isn't Going Anywhere Under Kirby

vCash

Georgia Isn't Going Anywhere Under Kirby

Boy has Georgia got a lot of wasted talent on offense.

8 rushing yards with that many 5 stars? 8? And still trying to establish the run until the end. It hit me after halftime when I was certain they'd just come out and sling it, but no. After seeing that we had walkons in the secondary, they came out and tried to establish the run. Ridiculous.

With a normal MSU back end of the secondary last night, UGA may have score 17 points or less.

They literally only scored because we had walkons on the secondary except the one time they beat Forbes for a bomb.

The fact that UGA hasn't adapted like Bama, LSU, and Florida have is wild to me. Mullen is going to gut UGA for years to come until UGA gets out of the 1990s offensive scheme.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 11-22-2020 at 08:08 AM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I wanna see how they finish now that they have their qb. I like their OC.

vCash
    If Wheat and Davis are available I think we win that game. We are a very solid run defense. But Davis' ability to disrupt combined with Wheat being in position and Watson not having to be out of position would have helped tremendously in the passing game.

Georgia is too predictable. Their WR talent is really good though and bailed them out. Pickens made a ton of contested catches last night. They are extremely lucky they won that game.

vCash
    I have always jokingly called Kirby Goff 2.0 to my UGA friends. He's really something of a combo of Goff and Richt. Like Goff, he is a prodigal son. Like Richt, he seems to manage the program pretty well. All were damn good long-time assistants who were known for recruiting. But, none of them could win the games that mattered, and none of the 3 evolved their offensive approaches. All of them have had talent and money advantages that should have them winning titles - and yet somehow they somewhat underachieve.

Watch next week - Kirby will come out and try to establish the run, again. I wouldn't be surprised if Daniels takes a step back and USC gives them a game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Daniels is talented, but what they're doing on offense doesn't make sense.

They're running the same offense Saban ran with AJ McCarron

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I have always jokingly called Kirby Goff 2.0 to my UGA friends. He's really something of a combo of Goff and Richt. Like Goff, he is a prodigal son. Like Richt, he seems to manage the program pretty well. All were damn good long-time assistants who were known for recruiting. But, none of them could win the games that mattered, and none of the 3 evolved their offensive approaches. All of them have had talent and money advantages that should have them winning titles - and yet somehow they somewhat underachieve.

Watch next week - Kirby will come out and try to establish the run, again. I wouldn't be surprised if Daniels takes a step back and USC gives them a game.
    I think in today's college football you have to use the pass to set up the run.

Watch MSU, now that we're starting to throw it better, the running game will begin to get better. I thought it was better last night.

vCash
    Kirby should be fired for not starting Daniels til now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Kirby should be fired for not starting Daniels til now.
    He's been hurt

vCash
    Don't define UGA's entire program off of one game. This is an extremely hot take due to the fact that Kirby is the best recruiting coach Georgia has ever had and it's not particularly close. QB issues tormented the team earlier in the year. In the next decade, Georgia will have a team who puts it all together (finds the right QB) and has a dreamlike LSU season. At the very worst, UGA will be competing to win the East every season and at the very best they're in constant playoff contention as one of the nation's four best teams. If that's "Isn't Going Anywhere," then I'd hate to know the state of MSU's program. Kirby is one blown coverage away from winning a national title.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by USS Relf View Post
    Don't define UGA's entire program off of one game. This is an extremely hot take due to the fact that Kirby is the best recruiting coach Georgia has ever had and it's not particularly close. QB issues tormented the team earlier in the year. In the next decade, Georgia will have a team who puts it all together (finds the right QB) and has a dreamlike LSU season. At the very worst, UGA will be competing to win the East every season and at the very best they're in constant playoff contention as one of the nation's four best teams. If that's "Isn't Going Anywhere," then I'd hate to know the state of MSU's program. Kirby is one blown coverage away from winning a national title.
    Don't forget the sec championship collapse the next season. Kirby has been on the door step twice.

I think Kirby can win one if he keeps recruiting like he has, and he turns monken loose on offense.

vCash

I do too, 7. I think Daniels will continue to improve and I can see why he got all those accolades in high school. He should be the best passing QB we face going forward this season. Some may say Corral, but if you can get pressure, and some hits on Corral, I think he gets flustered and frustrated, and may give us a few picks.

vCash
    He's been hurt

That's a pretty good reason to not play him, and still not be fired.

vCash
    I'm not judging Kirby off of one game. UGA was my team until I went to State, and I've lived amongst them my whole life and I watch most their games. Kirby is a fine coach, but he is not elite. He may get there, but he hasn't yet. He has tremendous advantages at a national program with a huge rabid booster network. Behind Bama, UGA is arguably the most successful program in SEC history. But, until he wins the National Title that UGA expects to win every year (and believe me, their fans expect it) he is no different then Ray Goff or Mark Richt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    If Wheat and Davis are available I think we win that game. We are a very solid run defense. But Davis' ability to disrupt combined with Wheat being in position and Watson not having to be out of position would have helped tremendously in the passing game.

Georgia is too predictable. Their WR talent is really good though and bailed them out. Pickens made a ton of contested catches last night. They are extremely lucky they won that game.

I agree and we didn't even have enough defensive players available to have a complete two unit defense.

vCash
    Just a reminder, the point spread was 24. Lolz...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I'm not judging Kirby off of one game. UGA was my team until I went to State, and I've lived amongst them my whole life and I watch most their games. Kirby is a fine coach, but he is not elite. He may get there, but he hasn't yet. He has tremendous advantages at a national program with a huge rabid booster network. Behind Bama, UGA is arguably the most successful program in SEC history. But, until he wins the National Title that UGA expects to win every year (and believe me, their fans expect it) he is no different then Ray Goff or Mark Richt.
    Totally, I agree with your statements. It was moreso the title of this post that set me off. It's one thing to say UGA perennially underachieves, which is true, but to say the program has reached its ceiling under Kirby is ignorant and the exact thing forums are made for, I suppose.

vCash
    Totally, I agree with your statements. It was moreso the title of this post that set me off. It's one thing to say UGA perennially underachieves, which is true, but to say the program has reached its ceiling under Kirby is ignorant and the exact thing forums are made for, I suppose.
    I don't think the post title is off. Kirby hasn't advanced the program beyond where Richt had it at his peak. The only difference is that the CFP has existed for Kirby and not for most of the Richt era. Richt would have been in 1 CFP minimum ('02) and arguably could have made 2 ('02, '12). That 1 game is literally the difference in their tenure (their records thru 5 years is almost identical). So UGA remains what has been since the day after Herschel beat Notre Dame - an underachiever.

vCash
    The way they hoard talent is borderline cruel. Probably does feel cruel to the players who'd be tearing it up anywhere else, but only get to wear out a path walking up and down the sideline in Athens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaChicagoDog View Post
    The way they hoard talent is borderline cruel. Probably does feel cruel to the players who'd be tearing it up anywhere else, but only get to wear out a path walking up and down the sideline in Athens.
    It's the biggest joke in all of sports.

The haves and have nots are only that because of a recruiting monopoly. I'm really hopeful that the transfer portal will being altering this.

vCash
    He has as good or better talent than everybody and he will probably win a NC because of the case of the blind hog.

I don't believe it will be because of coaching.