Thread: Hey I'm a Believer. If CML can motivate this rag-tag bunch of diaper dandies

vCash

Hey I'm a Believer. If CML can motivate this rag-tag bunch of diaper dandies

then we should be able be competitive w/the big boys in a few years.

vCash
    This showing at least gives us hope. Need a decent recruiting class or two to see what he can really do in the SEC.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    This showing at least gives us hope. Need a decent recruiting class or two to see what he can really do in the SEC.
    The most important need was changing the culture and getting reps in a brand new offense. I believe it is apparent to anyone with a pulse, that the culture Sloppy Joe implemented, allowed the entire program to sour. When players are dictating their activities and telling coaches f*ck you, there is a huge problem that usually takes much longer to remedy than it took to occur. Leach finally got rid of the bad apples before the entire bushel was ruined.

The fact that this was the most limited practice year, probably ever, is also hampering the transition to the new offense. It is astonishing that these two huge factors are almost always left out, in the majority of our fans assessments of this season.

Leach has a track record of success. He also has a track record of ridding programs of bad apples. Trust the track records and trust the data. Sometimes you have to make tough decisions and take a short term hit, to ensure long term success. Sacrifice a little now, for more later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    The most important need was changing the culture and getting reps in a brand new offense. I believe it is apparent to anyone with a pulse, that the culture Sloppy Joe implemented, allowed the entire program to sour. When players are dictating their activities and telling coaches f*ck you, there is a huge problem that usually takes much longer to remedy than it took to occur. Leach finally got rid of the bad apples before the entire bushel was ruined.

The fact that this was the most limited practice year, probably ever, is also hampering the transition to the new offense. It is astonishing that these two huge factors are almost always left out, in the majority of our fans assessments of this season.

Leach has a track record of success. He also has a track record of ridding programs of bad apples. Trust the track records and trust the data. Sometimes you have to make tough decisions and take a short term hit, to ensure long term success. Sacrifice a little now, for more later.
    Good post!

vCash

You nailed it. To many people want instant results and that's not always possible. Sometime there has to be a reckoning before things flourish

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indndawg View Post
    then we should be able be competitive w/the big boys in a few years.
    Leach has addressed the culture. The ones that played last night wanted to play and compete and work. Other opt outs and injured may as well. Not saying some of the transfers didn't but they didn't fit here. Leach didn't really give them the want to, they already had it but he did remove the don't want to crowd.

Now on the fixing the O and getting talent and Oh, keep our D side in place.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    You nailed it. To many people want instant results and that's not always possible. Sometime there has to be a reckoning before things flourish
    Very true. I call the latest generation (in which I am labeled as being in) as the ?Instant Grits? generation. Everything is at the tip of their fingers with the technology we now have. Few have had to sacrifice short term, knowing long term gratification would come.

In everything we do, you can have short term happiness/gratitude without long term stability. Sacrifice early, for long term stability later. I’m sure many here do this, some without knowing. From investing in retirement funds, homes, land, college funds, etc., I’m pretty sure we have had to cut out some of the things we enjoy to help ensure a better future.

Speaking for myself, I would love a nice boat or other toys short term, but know that does not ensure long term stability. So I choose to rid the ?bad apple? impulse purchases, and stick with the things that are tried and true and have historical success.

It?s the same with anything we do. Short term gratification or long sustained success.

vCash
    Very true. I call the latest generation (in which I am labeled as being in) as the ?Instant Grits? generation. Everything is at the tip of their fingers with the technology we now have. Few have had to sacrifice short term, knowing long term gratification would come.

In everything we do, you can have short term happiness/gratitude without long term stability. Sacrifice early, for long term stability later. I’m sure many here do this, some without knowing. From investing in retirement funds, homes, land, college funds, etc., I’m pretty sure we have had to cut out some of the things we enjoy to help ensure a better future.

Speaking for myself, I would love a nice boat or other toys short term, but know that does not ensure long term stability. So I choose to rid the ?bad apple? impulse purchases, and stick with the things that are tried and true and have historical success.

It?s the same with anything we do. Short term gratification or long sustained success.
    Right on! Learned that early from
    Grandfather who didn't make it through the 9th grade because he had to drop out to work the family farm during the depression. He became a very successful man because of what you just said. He used to tell me do the things you don't want to do now so you can do the things you want to do later. He was right.

vCash

And thank goodness we got rid of Joe when we did. Another year with him would have been catastrophic.