Thread: If the Air Raid with a bunch of Freshman can move the ball on GA Defense....

vCash

If the Air Raid with a bunch of Freshman can move the ball on GA Defense....

It will work in the SEC. Our three and few four stars at times looked like all those four and five stars lined up against them. Give credit to the O LIne. Best they have played all season. I think our offense grew up tonight and if I was a Bear, Tiger or Tiger fan I would be worried. Not saying we win but we will be in each of these last three games. Also who would have thought GA only rushing for 8 yards. When is the last time that happened?
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 11-21-2020 at 11:19 PM.

vCash
    Agree with you on the offense. I think it continues to progress each week.....as for the Bears - I'm afraid our depleted secondary may get bombarded. They won't try to establish run like Uga did early on. They'll probably be slinging deep early and often. But as I've learned through the years- you just never know with that game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Clay Hills View Post
    Agree with you on the offense. I think it continues to progress each week.....as for the Bears - I'm afraid our depleted secondary may get bombarded. They won't try to establish run like Uga did early on. They'll probably be slinging deep early and often. But as I've learned through the years- you just never know with that game.
    Well I figure our offense will score but score on long time consuming drives. Ole Miss will not break 30 in points. I think we used up 8 minutes in the first drive of the game tonight. Now ole miss defense sucks and we might run up and down the field on them. Chances are we'll eat up clock. I heard this same shit about Ole MIss offense last season and our defense shut them down.

vCash
    Naw Jack. Leach sucks ... him and Cohen need to be fired before next game **

vCash
    We are still trying to figure out what we are doing on offense, and it will eventually stall in a game. Maybe not in the Eggbowl but in other games. To win, we have to get turnovers and turn them into points. I like the home team to win next week.

vCash

Fair enough.

Fair enough assessment. Like I said - never know what will happen in that game. Especially in 2020 !

vCash
    I don't know if we've totally figured it out and turned the corner but it's hard to not be excited with the play yesterday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    It will work in the SEC. Our three and few four stars at times looked like all those four and five stars lined up against them. Give credit to the O LIne. Best they have played all season. I think our offense grew up tonight and if I was a Bear, Tiger or Tiger fan I would be worried. Not saying we win but we will be in each of these last three games. Also who would have thought GA only rushing for 8 yards. When is the last time that happened?
    Jack it has been 100 years since a Georgia offense has been held to less than 10 yards rushing.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    We looked much better but to know this will work, need to see it work against an SECD playing it like everyone but LSU and UGA played it (well UGA did adjust after about 3 quarters, LSU never did).

Folks tend to get too high or get too low with our team, lets prove something for 3-4 games before we really knowanything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    We looked much better but to know this will work, need to see it work against an SECD playing it like everyone but LSU and UGA played it (well UGA did adjust after about 3 quarters, LSU never did).

Folks tend to get too high or get too low with our team, lets prove something for 3-4 games before we really knowanything.
    Did Ga adjust or did our guys just get tired? Honest question.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post

this ^^^ ..... I remember this very same sentiment after the LSU game. We looked better because of better QB play and no turnovers. UGA played a fair amount of 3-8 but did not totally commit to it and came out a little flat IMO. I understand the hope and appreciation after seeing improvement but in no way have we turned a corner - that's gonna take a LOT more time than just a game where we showed some improvement and when you're pretty much on the bottom of the SEC in offense there's nothing else to do but to improve.... Maybe I'm just one of those "sorry ass fans" but I prefer reality and it's going to take more than a game against a flat UGA to convince me.... Nice QB play and ball control is a start - but it's only a start
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    this ^^^ ..... I remember this very same sentiment after the LSU game. We looked better because of better QB play and no turnovers. UGA played a fair amount of 3-8 but did not totally commit to it and came out a little flat IMO. I understand the hope and appreciation after seeing improvement but in no way have we turned a corner - that's gonna take a LOT more time than just a game where we showed some improvement and when you're pretty much on the bottom of the SEC in offense there's nothing else to do but to improve.... Maybe I'm just one of those "sorry ass fans" but I prefer reality and it's going to take more than a game against a flat UGA to convince me.... Nice QB play and ball control is a start - but it's only a start
    Only two plays they did not play it like everyone else. We scored on one of them. What they adjusted was the LB. They did not have them playing as far back in the second half like they were in the first. Instead of catching the ball five yards down field like in the first half our guys were catching the ball three yards down field. This stopped the six to seven yards on first down. They were still getting three to four yards. Hell you can march down field with that and they did. GA really never really stopped state. State stopped themselves with mistakes. Ole Miss is not going to have the LB's or Defense as GA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Only two plays they did not play it like everyone else. We scored on one of them. What they adjusted was the LB. They did not have them playing as far back in the second half like they were in the first. Instead of catching the ball five yards down field like in the first half our guys were catching the ball three yards down field. This stopped the six to seven yards on first down. They were still getting three to four yards. Hell you can march down field with that and they did. GA really never really stopped state. State stopped themselves with mistakes. Ole Miss is not going to have the LB's or Defense as GA.
    I think you're spot on Jack. Some of the thought behind dropping though 8 is that the defense concedes the 3-4 yard gains. You can drive the field like that but you've got to be perfect, so one incompletion or one penalty and you're essentially done. So yes we stopped ourselves but I think that's kind of the point of that particular scheme. Another thing I noticed in the first half is that our RBs were throwing some grown man blocks when UGA brought pressure up the middle. I didn't see as much of that in the second half. It may have been there and I missed it, but what I did see on several occasions is our RBs step up to block but there was no one there to block, rather the pressure came from the edge. I don't know if this was an adjustment by GA or if our o-line just did a better job with it in the first half.

I think that our offense as a whole is picking up their assignments and reads better. Will made quick decisions and was super accurate. I'm a realist too though and I still have concerns that the unadultered air raid will not work consistently in the SEC (hell, maybe it doesn't work consistently anywhere and that's why Leach always drops a game or two he shouldn't) but I do think if there are some adjustments it could work amazingly well.

In full disclosure, I started the second half 4 bourbons deep so maybe I just made all of this up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Dupree View Post
    I think you're spot on Jack. Some of the thought behind dropping though 8 is that the defense concedes the 3-4 yard gains. You can drive the field like that but you've got to be perfect, so one incompletion or one penalty and you're essentially done. So yes we stopped ourselves but I think that's kind of the point of that particular scheme. Another thing I noticed in the first half is that our RBs were throwing some grown man blocks when UGA brought pressure up the middle. I didn't see as much of that in the second half. It may have been there and I missed it, but what I did see on several occasions is our RBs step up to block but there was no one there to block, rather the pressure came from the edge. I don't know if this was an adjustment by GA or if our o-line just did a better job with it in the first half.

I think that our offense as a whole is picking up their assignments and reads better. Will made quick decisions and was super accurate. I'm a realist too though and I still have concerns that the unadultered air raid will not work consistently in the SEC (hell, maybe it doesn't work consistently anywhere and that's why Leach always drops a game or two he shouldn't) but I do think if there are some adjustments it could work amazingly well.

In full disclosure, I started the second half 4 bourbons deep so maybe I just made all of this up.
    lol ... totally understand. But believe me they played a lot of defense that didn't drop 8 ... it was WAY more than just 2 plays. Jack's right about the LB's playing a little deeper than other teams - I saw that and wondered why but if you noticed it also seemed like we tended to keep a RB back there to help with blocking more so this game than others
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.