Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Quick Thoughts...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    He will. That's next year. Baby steps.

Imagine where he'll be by year 3, 4, and maybe 5?
    Exactly. He's only going to get better. And he'll have more weapons at his disposal. Our team just has to grow up. Playing as a freshman or sophomore in the SEC is brutal unless you are a Jeffrey Simmons type phenom. And even then Simmons grew as a player here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by messageboardsuperhero View Post
    Kirby Smart said in his PC that they played us exactly the same as everyone has been, and that they didn?t make any adjustments at all in the second half. If you don?t believe me, go watch the video. He literally said those exact words.

UGA played a handful of snaps in man to mix up coverages, but they pretty much dropped back in zone all night, rushing three or four.

You aren?t convinced that Leach?s offense will work here. I won?t waste my time arguing. But let?s not act like UGA found some schematic secret sauce in the fourth quarter, when their own coach said they changed nothing. We just got worn down blocking their DL.
    Watch the game for yourself. It wasn't the same. Sure Kirby will say that because if he doesn't he looks like an idiot coach. Walleys great TD was man to man. Commentators even talked about it. Look at how ineffective our O was in second half. Sorry the truth hurts.

Hey I hope his O works here because that is best for MSU but one good half against UGA doesn't prove anything. I just said lets see how it plays out over several games. Everyone forgot LSU? Everyone said we shouldn't have drank the koolaid now I am saying pump the brakes and everyone is freaking out.

Can't help some people. Some of you are so sensitive and take the bait so easy.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I've never heard of an OL getting worn down blocking another team's Dline. That's not really a thing.
    I do not disagree, but that is just how it looked to me. They did not look to be running any exotic blitz packages or stunts- their DL just beat us at the end of the game. We had the advantage the first three quarters, but in the fourth quarter they won the LOS.

Their DL had a talent, depth, and experience advantage. Not sure if it?s really any more complicated than that.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Watch the game for yourself. It wasn't the same. Sure Kirby will say that because if he doesn't he looks like an idiot coach. Walleys great TD was man to man. Commentators even talked about it. Look at how ineffective our O was in second half. Sorry the truth hurts.

Hey I hope his O works here because that is best for MSU but one good half against UGA doesn't prove anything. I just said lets see how it plays out over several games. Everyone forgot LSU? Everyone said we shouldn't have drank the koolaid now I am saying pump the brakes and everyone is freaking out.

Can't help some people. Some of you are so sensitive and take the bait so easy.
    I watched the entire game. UGA did play SOME man to man, but they were overwhelmingly dropping in zone and rushing 3-4. We know this offense feasts against man, but we were pretty solid against zone tonight until their DL took over in the fourth quarter.

They were running the same scheme in the fourth quarter, but their LBs were dropping a little shallower and jumping the short routes. I thought we had some opportunities in the intermediate-deep passing game, but we could not hold blocks long enough to take advantage.

You all do realize that Georgia is pretty okay on defense right? What exactly were your expectations for us offensively in this game, and how did we fail to meet them? We moved the ball better and scored more points than anyone other than Bama and Florida- two of the top three or four offenses in America.

Of course we will let the season play out, but there is nothing wrong with recognizing a little progress. Rogers is just a true freshman making his second career start.
    Last edited by messageboardsuperhero; 11-22-2020 at 09:32 PM.

vCash
    Our guys played their ass off. Best game we played all season
    Georgia players were not excited even a little bit to play us. They had zero intensity or fire during the game
    Georgia's D looked like they hated playing what they were playing
    I like Rogers as a QB- he will get nothing but better.
    Dont bet on the Egg Bowl
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Georgia players were not excited even a little bit to play us. They had zero intensity or fire during the game
    Dont bet on the Egg Bowl
    Egg bowl is going to be rough with our depleted defense, especially in the secondary. Even with Daniels that was still a fairly pedestrian offense from GA that put up 31 on us. I could easily see OM putting up 50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Dont bet on the Egg Bowl
    You said it. UGA plays with more intensity in their spring game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    You said it. UGA plays with more intensity in their spring game.
    Why do we do this to ourselves? Why? What’s the point?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Egg bowl is going to be rough with our depleted defense, especially in the secondary. Even with Daniels that was still a fairly pedestrian offense from GA that put up 31 on us. I could easily see OM putting up 50.
    If we can get it moved to Dec 19, we’ll have our pass rushers back
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Some people are just wired that way. They can't help it. If we beat Florida, well Florida sucks. Not we were just better. If their neighbor kills a giant buck, somebody must have scared the buck and made him get up and walk by the neighbor. Some folks are just like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Some people are just wired that way. They can't help it. If we beat Florida, well Florida sucks. Not we were just better. If their neighbor kills a giant buck, somebody must have scared the buck and made him get up and walk by the neighbor. Some folks are just like that.
    I'll never understand people with that mentality either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Yes but we have a higher percentage of fans that are like that.

vCash
    I don't know but if anyone had a reason to not want to be there playing it was our guys. Georgia's biggest problem is not playing without emotion, its that they have just continually regressed as a football team through the entire season. Anyone who hasn't seen that hasn't been watching them.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 11-23-2020 at 11:11 PM.