Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Quick Thoughts...

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    It would be competing with saints game.
    I mean I know it’s not gonna get moved to Christmas Day but we don’t have to play at the same time as the Saints.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcap View Post
    Always a addendum when wrong. My thoughts are that to get rid of a crap smell you have to clear the turds in the room. What happened tonight was playing a game with players that want and deserve to be there. This is a process and we showed we are capable of playing without the turds
    They have to keep it going b/c they constantly mocked the fact that Leach needs "his" players to make this go. Last night was played with Leach-type players and the know-it-alls realize they were wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    They have to keep it going b/c they constantly mocked the fact that Leach needs "his" players to make this go. Last night was played with Leach-type players and the know-it-alls realize they were wrong.
    Are you a bot? You've ripped into leach the last month, and now you somehow flipping sides?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Are you a bot? You've ripped into leach the last month, and now you somehow flipping sides?
    I don't post much, so won't say much about this. Almost all have had criticism. Not all criticism is negative or destructive. 3 or 4 have turned every single thread into negative Eeyore'ing about CML. Even a thread about the 2004 Auburn team. The same 3 or 4. Turf was not one of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sienfield View Post
    This is what i saw too. I think Georgia gave us more open space in the middle than what we have been seeing. We played a great game though and without Daniels and his receiver (197 yards) we would have won. Think about this Georgia has more 5 star players than players we took to the game yesterday.
    I was wondering though for 3 quarters when they did try to come up closer than 8 yards, that Rogers knew it and was finding guys in the next pocket over them.
    As Rogers improves, the defense will have to choose wisely. He will be like having a coach on the field calling plays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaChicagoDog View Post
    I don't post much, so won't say much about this. Almost all have had criticism. Not all criticism is negative or destructive. 3 or 4 have turned every single thread into negative Eeyore'ing about CML. Even a thread about the 2004 Auburn team. The same 3 or 4. Turf was not one of them.
    Thanks bro. To be fair, I did post our 2nd half possessions against Vandy, which made me physically ill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Damn I hurt for our players tonight. After all they've been through, their effort deserved to win tonight. However, great effort & it's easy to see that Leach is building this right way. This game reminds me a lot of Mullen's game vs LSU in 2009 when Tyson didn't pitch the ball to Boobie. The corner has been turned IMO

Here are some thoughts:

1. If Stetson Bennett would've played tonight, we win by 10.

2. Will Rogers is so calm & accurate. Wish he had a little more arm strength, but maybe that will come with age. Love how accurate he is & how easy the game comes to him.

3. When this offense runs correctly, it looks easy & the QB gets the ball out quick. That's what we did for much of the night tonight.

4. Tonight was the best the OL has played all year for 3 quarters but then it regressed back to bad in the 4th quarter. Not sure if UGA made a DL adjustment or what, but our OL fell apart down the stretch.

5. Love what Arnett is doing in the front 7 & absolutely hate what he's doing on the back end. We're young at corner & opted out at safety. It's touch & go.

6. Walley has the look of a guy that's going to play for a really long time.

7. Can't wait to see this offense with the quickness of Tulu, Walley, Knox, Moore, Nabers, & Heath. It's going to be absolutely lethal.

8. To Deion, Calloway, & John Lewis. Come on fellas. You saw tonight. We just need a few more pieces & you can play early. Come play for your home state. You'll win & are joining a good program now.

9. To these guys that opted, with the exception of Pickering, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Leach is going to win without you & the culture we're currently developing will win big.

10. Can we put to rest that this offense won't work in the SEC? It can & will
    Agree with some of your points but have you learned nothing on #10? One game, wait not even an entire game of decent O and you want to say this O has arrived? For MSU sake I want it to work too but lets see it for several games first.

Remember LSU? UGA did the Pellini D coaching gig again, even played man some. We were better on O but much of it was what UGA was not doing on D. Watch first half and 2nd half. Tale of two halves due to what UGA doing on D. We do the same thing regardless. Yes we were better in some spots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Agree with some of your points but have you learned nothing on #10? One game, wait not even an entire game of decent O and you want to say this O has arrived? For MSU sake I want it to work too but lets see it for several games first.

Remember LSU? UGA did the Pellini D coaching gig again, even played man some. We were better on O but much of it was what UGA was not doing on D. Watch first half and 2nd half. Tale of two halves due to what UGA doing on D. We do the same thing regardless. Yes we were better in some spots.
    Sure. Ok. It works and it's going work. Stop the madness. It's worked for 20 years
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post

Kirby Smart said in his PC that they played us exactly the same as everyone has been, and that they didn?t make any adjustments at all in the second half. If you don?t believe me, go watch the video. He literally said those exact words.

UGA played a handful of snaps in man to mix up coverages, but they pretty much dropped back in zone all night, rushing three or four.

You aren?t convinced that Leach?s offense will work here. I won?t waste my time arguing. But let?s not act like UGA found some schematic secret sauce in the fourth quarter, when their own coach said they changed nothing. We just got worn down blocking their DL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by messageboardsuperhero View Post
    Kirby Smart said in his PC that they played us exactly the same as everyone has been, and that they didn?t make any adjustments at all in the second half. If you don?t believe me, go watch the video. He literally said those exact words.

UGA played a handful of snaps in man to mix up coverages, but they pretty much dropped back in zone all night, rushing three or four.

You aren?t convinced that Leach?s offense will work here. I won?t waste my time arguing. But let?s not act like UGA found some schematic secret sauce in the fourth quarter, when their own coach said they changed nothing. We just got worn down blocking their DL.
    I've never heard of an OL getting worn down blocking another team's Dline. That's not really a thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I've never heard of an OL getting worn down blocking another team's Dline. That's not really a thing.
    I think UGA's players just started jumping routes on their own. Not a scheme thing or even a coach driven thing. Just players recognizing our plays quicker & jumping the routes.

Leach has said he hasn't installed the entire playbook & I wonder if he's got some tricks up his sleeve in the future to handle defenses that start doing that. You'd think he's seen it plenty of times.

vCash
    I think UGA's players just started jumping routes on their own. Not a scheme thing or even a coach driven thing. Just players recognizing our plays quicker & jumping the routes.

Leach has said he hasn't installed the entire playbook & I wonder if he's got some tricks up his sleeve in the future to handle defenses that start doing that. You'd think he's seen it plenty of times.
    I agree with you on UGA jumping the routes. They played much softer in the first half than any of our previous opponents. I don't think they were coached that well on the 3-8.

But that's 6 straight opponents running the same scheme. That has to make you think if you are Leach. If he has a "trick up his sleeve" as you said, last night would have been the right time to use it.

vCash
    But that's 6 straight opponents running the same scheme. That has to make you think if you are Leach. If he has a "trick up his sleeve" as you said, last night would have been the right time to use it.
    True.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Their DL not giving us time to throw the football in the second half was the biggest factor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Their DL not giving us time to throw the football in the second half was the biggest factor.
    For sure, it's just a matter of why were we able to block them in the 1st half but not the 2nd?

What happened?

vCash

Will has to start using his eyes better to manipulate defensive players and maybe pump his some to keep them from jumping routes. That will come in time.

vCash
    For sure, it's just a matter of why were we able to block them in the 1st half but not the 2nd?

What happened?
    We got worn out. Leach wants to use a rotation of 10 offensive linemen and we had 6-7 and most of them are underclassmen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We got worn out. Leach wants to use a rotation of 10 offensive linemen and we had 6-7 and most of them are underclassmen.
    Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Will has to start using his eyes better to manipulate defensive players and maybe pump his some to keep them from jumping routes. That will come in time.
    He will. That's next year. Baby steps.

Imagine where he'll be by year 3, 4, and maybe 5?

vCash
    Lol
    That's what I said when I read your posts the past two months regarding Leach.