Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick Thoughts...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Our youth and depth was the difference tonight.

Losing Heath, Wheat, and Jordan Davis might have been. Heath is the closest thing we have to a deep threat- although Walley is certainly emerging and Wheat would have helped the pass rush.

I don't have any suggestions for Arnett when we literally have zero safeties on the roster. I mean- what do you do with that?
    Well, I don't blitz on 3rd and long. I really REALLY like Arnett BUT I thought sometimes he put unnecessary stress on the DBs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    They won't be back if the game stays next week.
    We're already below the 53, so it'll be easy for next week to be cancelled
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Well, I don't blitz on 3rd and long. I really REALLY like Arnett BUT I thought sometimes he put unnecessary stress on the DBs
    It seemed to me like when we rushed three we got picked apart. I thought we had way more success bringing pressure than not.

vCash
    Our youth and depth was the difference tonight.

Losing Heath, Wheat, and Jordan Davis might have been. Heath is the closest thing we have to a deep threat- although Walley is certainly emerging and Wheat would have helped the pass rush.

I don't have any suggestions for Arnett when we literally have zero safeties on the roster. I mean- what do you do with that?
    You do what he has been doing which is installing his system and working on getting better each week. He is going to have to recruit and can sell playing time. We had Freshmen everywhere tonight and it will be the same next year. But two things happened tonight that show what the future holds. One they played there ass off for the team and the coaches. They executed this offense until they simply tired out. And they did it with true Freshman at the QB, RB and WR positions.

Its funny folks who loved the LSU game but quit on this coach and this team afterwards, believe this offense is antiquated and can't work. Mike Leach didn't win Big 12 Coach of the Year, Pac 12 Coach of the year and the NCAA Coach of the year twice, because he doesn't know what he is doing. What is true is our fans have cornered the market on being ignorant dumbasses who want instant results. They are pathetic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post
    You do what he has been doing which is installing his system and working on getting better each week. He is going to have to recruit and can sell playing time. We had Freshmen everywhere tonight and it will be the same next year. But two things happened tonight that show what the future holds. One they played there ass off for the team and the coaches. They executed this offense until they simply tired out. And they did it with true Freshman at the QB, RB and WR positions.

Its funny folks who loved the LSU game but quit on this coach and this team afterwards, believe this offense is antiquated and can't work. Mike Leach didn't win Big 12 Coach of the Year, Pac 12 Coach of the year and the NCAA Coach of the year twice, because he doesn't know what he is doing. What is true is our fans have cornered the market on being ignorant dumbasses who want instant results. They are pathetic.
    Happy thanksgiving!!

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    We need the OM game to get moved to 12/19. We have a real chance to beat them. Especially with a full deck on defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    We'll be able to generate a little more pressure than we did tonight. They're gonna light it up though, no doubt
    I bet you were one of the 1000's who said that last season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I had basically zero hope for Leach. After this game, you can see a little bit of light. I do think UGA wasn't comfortable in the 3-8 and once the LB's quit dropping 8 yards it was game over for our offense. But glad to see a glimmer of hope.
    Always a addendum when wrong. My thoughts are that to get rid of a crap smell you have to clear the turds in the room. What happened tonight was playing a game with players that want and deserve to be there. This is a process and we showed we are capable of playing without the turds

vCash
    He's really more of a hybrid LB/S like Whitley.
    Whitley wasn't a hybrid though. He was a true safety that just hit like a linebacker. Pre-Achilles and ACL injuries he was a ballhawk back there. I'm hopefully Preston can improve his coverage/ball-hawking abilities because I do see the Whitley reference in the way he runs to the ball carrier and arrives with bad intentions.

vCash
    Great effort tonight. Huge step forward. Let's go to oxford and leave everything we have on that field. Let's give them hell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I bet you were one of the 1000's who said that last season.
    I didn't say anything last year. I didn't know what to expect last year.

You'd lose that bet.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    It seemed to me like when we rushed three we got picked apart. I thought we had way more success bringing pressure than not.
    We got picked apart for about 10 yards. We never gave up 20 yards. It was an awful call.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post

THIS

vCash
    It is a joy to watch Brule play football. Full speed.

Can say the same about Watson, Emerson, Forbes, Craft, Crumedy, etc. That starts with guys like spencer, Thomspon and Kobe. Set the bar seniors and go win an egg bowl.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    THIS
    I’m quite certain that we don’t have the dumbest fans in America but we have a lot on this board that are extremely stupid.

vCash
    He's really more of a hybrid LB/S like Whitley.
    And he will be out there on an Island next week/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I didn't say anything last year. I didn't know what to expect last year.

You'd lose that bet.
    Rest assured most on this board was calling it last season. I don't believe anything until it happens. That's why I don't gamble. I kind of wonder how many took State and the spread tonight?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    I’m quite certain that we don’t have the dumbest fans in America but we have a lot on this board that are extremely stupid.
    We have people that are too knee jerk from one game to the next & don't see the big picture.

I'm pretty terrible with recruiting, but I think I do pretty well with the actual big picture perspective when it comes to games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    We need the OM game to get moved to 12/19. We have a real chance to beat them. Especially with a full deck on defense.
    Agree 100%. Get some of our guys back on defense and we can give em heck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    And he will be out there on an Island next week/
    I'm thinking the egg bowl gets moved to December 19