Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick Thoughts...

vCash

Quick Thoughts...

Damn I hurt for our players tonight. After all they've been through, their effort deserved to win tonight. However, great effort & it's easy to see that Leach is building this right way. This game reminds me a lot of Mullen's game vs LSU in 2009 when Tyson didn't pitch the ball to Boobie. The corner has been turned IMO

Here are some thoughts:

1. If Stetson Bennett would've played tonight, we win by 10.

2. Will Rogers is so calm & accurate. Wish he had a little more arm strength, but maybe that will come with age. Love how accurate he is & how easy the game comes to him.

3. When this offense runs correctly, it looks easy & the QB gets the ball out quick. That's what we did for much of the night tonight.

4. Tonight was the best the OL has played all year for 3 quarters but then it regressed back to bad in the 4th quarter. Not sure if UGA made a DL adjustment or what, but our OL fell apart down the stretch.

5. Love what Arnett is doing in the front 7 & absolutely hate what he's doing on the back end. We're young at corner & opted out at safety. It's touch & go.

6. Walley has the look of a guy that's going to play for a really long time.

7. Can't wait to see this offense with the quickness of Tulu, Walley, Knox, Moore, Nabers, & Heath. It's going to be absolutely lethal.

8. To Deion, Calloway, & John Lewis. Come on fellas. You saw tonight. We just need a few more pieces & you can play early. Come play for your home state. You'll win & are joining a good program now.

9. To these guys that opted, with the exception of Pickering, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Leach is going to win without you & the culture we're currently developing will win big.

10. Can we put to rest that this offense won't work in the SEC? It can & will
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 11-21-2020 at 10:54 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    For the first time since the LSU game, I'm encouraged.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    You should be. In the LSU game, we hit balls over the top. In this game, we ran the offense correctly until the OL gave out at the end

vCash
    We seem to have turned the corner. First game since Arky where the O played hard. First game since LSU where their body language was positive all game. Best execution all year. Most physical play all year on O. Defense played theri ass off, which they didn't do vs Vandy.

I can't see this team going back to mopey, "woe is me" attitudes and lazy effort.

Walley will be all SEC and an NFL player. He's really, really good. Also still maintain Johnson is a better RB than Marks, he had several good runs tonight and is getting better and better. Both need strength and both will be good, but I think Johnson is shiftier and has better vision

vCash
    I am so proud of our program right now. That was Mississippi State on both sides of the ball.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    I had basically zero hope for Leach. After this game, you can see a little bit of light. I do think UGA wasn't comfortable in the 3-8 and once the LB's quit dropping 8 yards it was game over for our offense. But glad to see a glimmer of hope.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Hate to say it but Matt Corral is going to set another record next week. Preston needs safety help. Kiffen will run him to death .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    I am so proud of our program right now. That was Mississippi State on both sides of the ball.
    100% Staet football = Physical, high effort, team first attitudes.

No moping, no half assed routes, no lazy blocks, no pointing fingers, no giving up at the end.... THAT is State football and if Leach can keep them playing like that the fanbase will be completely behind him soon

vCash
    Most psychotic fan base around... LOLZ

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Hate to say it but Matt Corral is going to set another record next week. Preston needs safety help. Kiffen will run him to death .
    Yeah, our defense doesn't stand a chance vs them, but offensively we may be able to put up a fight.

vCash
    Nope..... UGA has a better OL. Corral is awful out of the pocket. Not saying we win..... but these guys will play.

vCash
    Leach is getting a little taste of what it will take to win in the SEC. Gotta recruit well and coach them to no end and never take a week off.

vCash
    according to 247, UGA has the most talented roster in CFB 2020. 16 five stars, 51 four stars.

vCash
    We'll be able to generate a little more pressure than we did tonight. They're gonna light it up though, no doubt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Nope..... UGA has a better OL. Corral is awful out of the pocket. Not saying we win..... but these guys will play.
    Having Wheat & Davis back will be huge vs OM

vCash
    Our youth and depth was the difference tonight.

Losing Heath, Wheat, and Jordan Davis might have been. Heath is the closest thing we have to a deep threat- although Walley is certainly emerging and Wheat would have helped the pass rush.

I don't have any suggestions for Arnett when we literally have zero safeties on the roster. I mean- what do you do with that?

vCash
    This game gives me a lot of encouragement. So proud of the players playing.

vCash
    Preston IS a safety. His problem doesn't seem to be athletic, he just doesn't know his assignments well enough to react fast. He pauses and so gets burned. His form is also bad. He's a guy who is taking heat, but if we didn't have opt outs, injuries, and recruiting misses would get another year to put it together before he was called upon. I think he'll be ok next year but he's a liability now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Having Wheat & Davis back will be huge vs OM
    They won't be back if the game stays next week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Preston IS a safety. His problem doesn't seem to be athletic, he just doesn't know his assignments well enough to react fast. He pauses and so gets burned. His form is also bad. He's a guy who is taking heat, but if we didn't have opt outs, injuries, and recruiting misses would get another year to put it together before he was called upon. I think he'll be ok next year but he's a liability now
    He's really more of a hybrid LB/S like Whitley.