Thread: These outmanned bush league matchups are unwatchable

vCash

These outmanned bush league matchups are unwatchable

Sending these kids out short handed to get pummeled against teams with all their players is wrong. TV contract or not it?s time to call a spade a spade. Shut it down until things get back right and the stands are full. A lot of people are hurting no reason these greedy networks shouldn?t be too.

vCash
    Maybe they took a team vote. Maybe these guys have been practicing hard all season and it is wrong to keep the 49 who wants to play from playing. It's not about you or me. It's about 49 guys who want to play football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Maybe they took a team vote. Maybe these guys have been practicing hard all season and it is wrong to keep the 49 who wants to play from playing. It's not about you or me. It's about 49 guys who want to play football.
    I can see the warrior side of it too but sometimes you have to protect youngsters from their selves. It?s not just us I?m talking about , it?s the whole dynamic going on. The talent drop off is too much and just looks like punishment IMO

vCash
    You can only put 11 on the field at a time.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Speaking of greed in general, can't eat but one damn steak at a time even if you have two hands

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtail bob View Post
    Sending these kids out short handed to get pummeled against teams with all their players is wrong. TV contract or not it?s time to call a spade a spade. Shut it down until things get back right and the stands are full. A lot of people are hurting no reason these greedy networks shouldn?t be too.
    I don't think we'll be seeing a wholesale slaughter of players tonight, or at least I hope not. It's not like we're sending kids out that have never played football before. They wouldn't be on the team if they weren't pretty good in high school. A casual observer probably won't be able to tell this game apart from any regular game this year. All games this season are screwed up.

vCash
    Maybe have the other team only dress out as many as the opponent?

vCash
    Maybe have the other team only dress out as many as the opponent?
    I suppose that might be a reasonable option this season, but it reminds me of the team mom yelling "That's 5", meaning the tee ball team had maxed out runs for the inning.

vCash
    Our athletic programs depend on those Freddy networks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Our athletic programs depend on those Freddy networks.
    I believe that's the issue. ESPN, CBS, and ABC shouldn't be the ones driving university operation. In a situation like the pandemic, it's a conflict of interest and potentially dangerous to the players.

It's also why we will never be successful long term in college football. Because the money is driven by how many people watch. And people watch the blue bloods. And that pays the bills of the universities when the big market teams win. And round and round it goes. The more money you have and people you have in college football, the more you matter and will have people put back into you.

vCash
    Hindsight the dogs tonight changed m mind for me. If not for this game I would have thought this was a hollowed out team barely hanging on. When in truth as a team, we are rising like a Phoenix from the ashes

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    Speaking of greed in general, can't eat but one damn steak at a time even if you have two hands
    What? I can eat two at one time.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I believe that's the issue. ESPN, CBS, and ABC shouldn't be the ones driving university operation. In a situation like the pandemic, it's a conflict of interest and potentially dangerous to the players.

It's also why we will never be successful long term in college football. Because the money is driven by how many people watch. And people watch the blue bloods. And that pays the bills of the universities when the big market teams win. And round and round it goes. The more money you have and people you have in college football, the more you matter and will have people put back into you.
    Tons of folks tune in when you have a dark horse on a winning streak though.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Just an FYI, but the next time you want to opt out and be a huge ******, the correct phrase is Busch League. Spelling matters.