Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun's Guide to Cheering For a Team With 49 Scholarship Players

vCash

Gun's Guide to Cheering For a Team With 49 Scholarship Players

Feel free to add your own.

1. You cannot say or insinuate that a coach should be fired.

2. You cannot get pissed about the score, lack of offense, or lack of defense.

3. You cannot get pissed at a player that hasn't played yet or a player playing out of position.

4. You cannot make any big picture declarations about the direction of the program UNLESS lack of effort is the issue.

1. You can get pissed at play calling. I mean, you've only got 49 players. 17ing go for it.

2. You can get pissed about us snapping any offensive play with more than 5 seconds left of the clock.

3. You can get pissed at good players, playing their normal position, that screw up.

4. You can get pissed at lack of effort.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 11-21-2020 at 02:36 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Great perspective

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Feel free to add your own.

1. You cannot say or insinuate that a coach should be fired.

2. You cannot get pissed about the score, lack of offense, or lack of defense.

3. You cannot get pissed at a player that hasn't played yet or a player playing out of position.

4. You cannot make any big picture declarations about the direction of the program UNLESS lack of effort is the issue.

1. You can get pissed at play calling. I mean, you've only got 49 players. 17ing go for it.

2. You can get pissed about us snapping any offensive play with more than 5 seconds left of the clock.

3. You can get pissed at good players, playing their normal position, that screw up.

4. You can get pissed at lack of effort.
    I would love for you to come back after the game and grade yourself on your "guide"

vCash
    How many players usually play in a normal sec game? It would be interesting to take the LSU game, Kentucky, and tonight's participation list and compare number of participants and who the participants are.

vCash
    Those are pretty good rules. But maybe we'll find out that a college team only needs about 50 scholarship plaeyrs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I would love for you to come back after the game and grade yourself on your "guide"
    F
    F
    F
    F
    F
    F
    F

Practice what I preach, not as I do

vCash
    Post of the Day......
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    How many players usually play in a normal sec game? It would be interesting to take the LSU game, Kentucky, and tonight's participation list and compare number of participants and who the participants are.
    You may normally play 49 or less or but roster distribution by position & who's out matters.

We'll be playing guys tonight that have never taken a college snap & we'll have an outside LB that had to move positions this week. Not mention backups having to play other positions.

vCash
    If you don't count garbage time participation, which is sometime sort of an honorary thing, there probably won't be more than 45 playing. Just guessing. Maybe not nearly that many since there are no more than 22 starters.

vCash
    We played 43 vs Vandy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    If you don't count garbage time participation, which is sometime sort of an honorary thing, there probably won't be more than 45 playing. Just guessing. Maybe not nearly that many since there are no more than 22 starters.
    Distribution matters. We're without many many good players tonight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Distribution matters. We're without many many good players tonight
    We are stronger tonight on offense than we were against Vandy. Heath is the only guy out.

vCash
    Reading the board here, I get the impression we have nothing but walk ons headed to Athens. I keep looking at the Vegas line to reflect this, but alas, it's Georgia -25 (opened -24). I think Georgia wins by 26+, but I do find it odd this line isn't moving more from reading here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    We are stronger tonight on offense than we were against Vandy. Heath is the only guy out.
    That's interesting. Hopefully it helps. Really wish we had Heath tonight. I think he's currently our best WR

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    It’s fine to get pissed at our offense. We have our normal guys playing outside of Heath. The defense deserves a pass and it’s criminal that they are being put in this position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    It’s fine to get pissed at our offense. We have our normal guys playing outside of Heath. The defense deserves a pass and it’s criminal that they are being put in this position.
    True, but no one is out on defense for Covid except for Davis and Wheat right? Murphy, Peters, and Pickering aren't coming back this season. So I don't get what the big deal is about us playing.

vCash
    True, but no one is out on defense for Covid except for Davis and Wheat right? Murphy, Peters, and Pickering aren't coming back this season. So I don't get what the big deal is about us playing.
    Again, we're playing with 49 scholarship players. Talk yourself into whatever you want, but that's an extreme disadvantage.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    The big deal is we have 20 scholarship players on defense that are available. No matter how we got there we are there.

vCash
    Great post Gun!

I would love to see us score 10 meaningful points. By halftime or mid 3rd quarter before the game is way out of hand.

vCash
    What I want to see I know we won?t because Leach is too stubborn and won?t change, but out of the players I just want to see 100 percent effort and limited mental errors