Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So MSU Can Play @ UGA Tomorrow with 54 Players But CFB Needs 85 Man Rosters?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Not interested in a minority quota for any sport, but people pretend that just cause your white means you can afford college for multiple kids. The opportunities are out there to get support for anyone who needs it.

Giving those scholarships to baseball and track and field gives more minorities a chance to play college sports on scholarships. You guys telling me jesus can't hit a curve ball and black folks can't play d1 baseball?
    Agree. Was just making a point that anything is better than the current system
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Oh you're absolutely right on that. Something needs to be done about the competitiveness of the game. I mean Bama blowing everyone out isn't interesting football if you're not a Bama fan, but I don't know what the exact fix is. I don't know that's it's only a recruiting issue. I do agree that is probably the biggest part of the problem, but it's also a problem when a team like UGA spends basically 1 mil in recruiting and we're not even sniffing that amount. And that's not because we don't have the money to do it.
    Money spent on recruiting really don't mean much to me. Our footprint is LA, MS, AL, West Tenn and East texas. GA recruits nationwide. They need more money.

vCash
    Oh you're absolutely right on that. Something needs to be done about the competitiveness of the game. I mean Bama blowing everyone out isn't interesting football if you're not a Bama fan, but I don't know what the exact fix is. I don't know that's it's only a recruiting issue. I do agree that is probably the biggest part of the problem, but it's also a problem when a team like UGA spends basically 1 mil in recruiting and we're not even sniffing that amount. And that's not because we don't have the money to do it.
    Money spent on recruiting really don't mean much to me. Our footprint is LA, MS, AL, West Tenn and East texas. GA recruits nationwide. They need more money. Ole Miss tried going nationwide and it only hurt them.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    So apparently we're getting on the plane today with 49 scholarship players. We've received a waiver from the SEC to play. Heath, Davis, and Wheat are also out due to contact tracing. 20 scholarship defensive players
    Those 3 are roommates, so makes sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Money spent on recruiting really don't mean much to me. Our footprint is LA, MS, AL, West Tenn and East texas. GA recruits nationwide. They need more money. Ole Miss tried going nationwide and it only hurt them.
    I seem to remember them getting a Sugar Bowl out of that and were a freak play away from the SEC Championship game. Also, to play in this offense we're going to have to go outside our recruiting footprint.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Oh yeah. It's just building up a fake game. Ohio State will beat them by 30. The rosters are out of whack. Which sucks because schools like Indiana that do things the right way, build the team the right way, & have their best team in years, should be able to compete just like the Kansas City Royals can compete when they do the same thing. The fact that this system doesn't allow a team like Indiana to compete due to an 85 scholarship rule that makes no sense, is absolutely Ludacris & a terrible system

Ohio State got a commitment from the #1 QB in the 2022 class last night & will have 6 QBs on the roster in 2022 that are rated 95 or better. Think about that
    Looking like a good prediction so far. College football could be so much more amazing with some small tweaks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Looking like a good prediction so far. College football could be so much more amazing with some small tweaks.
    Yup. Big 10 game of the year is 28-7 at halftime.

It's a brutal sport. There is no path. Indiana has done everything right this season but the overwhelming talent advantage of about 5 schools in the country makes it impossible

vCash
    35-7 now.

Again, these are the two best teams in the Big 10

What's hilarious is how the media thinks it's because of coaching, scheme, etc. Nothing about the reality

vCash
    Ohio State is up 35-14 and Fields has thrown 3 INTs.

Think about how large the talent gap much be to throw 3 INTs & still be up 35-15....

Again, this isn't a competitive sport. It doesn't even really develop players on blue bloods because they never get punished for mistakes.

vCash
    Ohio State is up 35-14 and Fields has thrown 3 INTs.

Think about how large the talent gap much be to throw 3 INTs & still be up 35-15....

Again, this isn't a competitive sport. It doesn't even really develop players on blue bloods because they never get punished for mistakes.
    It's 42-28 and TOs are even at 3.

vCash
    42-35 Ohio st... TOs still even at 3

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Haha although I agree with the premise this is not aging well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    42-35 Ohio st... TOs still even at 3
    Yup, Indiana is coming back, with a bunch of Mississippi players nonetheless

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Haha although I agree with the premise this is not aging well.
    Oh come on. Even if Indiana pulls this out, the overall point that the "big boys" have huge advantages and win a disproportionate share of games is still true.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Oh come on. Even if Indiana pulls this out, the overall point that the "big boys" have huge advantages and win a disproportionate share of games is still true.
    That’s what I said. I agree with the premise. It’s just a bad example that aged poorly.

vCash
    Alabama vs Kentucky about to start.

Alabama has won 95 straight games against unranked opponents. NINETY-FIVE

Think about how non-competitive that is & also consider that maybe only 5 of Alabama normal 12 game schedule are against ranked opponents.

vCash
    Big boys have a huge advantage when they have a great coach. No one crying about Texas, Michigan, and usc. And there were times when the world wasn't fair bc those 3 were better than everyone else.

vCash
    Big boys have a huge advantage when they have a great coach. No one crying about Texas, Michigan, and usc. And there were times when the world wasn't fair bc those 3 were better than everyone else.
    True and when 2nd tier teams have a great coach, they leave because big boys have the advantage. There's literally nothing you can do

vCash
    True and when 2nd tier teams have a great coach, they leave because big boys have the advantage. There's literally nothing you can do
    Losing coaches to blue bloods does suck, but it's human nature to want bigger, better things, so I can't fault the coaches

vCash
    Losing coaches to blue bloods does suck, but it's human nature to want bigger, better things, so I can't fault the coaches
    Oh I get it, but, if there was a little more parity, program would be able to build up a better tradition, funds, etc & actually may be able to keep those coaches.

Think about college baseball. The same teams are usually the best teams, but very rarely to coaches change jobs in that sport, because even a non-blue blood program still has a chance at winning big.

College basketball is similar. Yes, some coaches move around in college basketball, mostly from mid-majors to blue bloods, but most of them stay put & build where their feet are.

College football offers no such chance & that's the problem. You can't build anything.

If college football would just close the gap to the point where good coaches stayed at schools & built for the long haul, it would be a far far far better game, TV product, & sport very quickly.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 11-21-2020 at 04:32 PM.