This is one of the more annoying, bothersome critiques from the pro-Leach crowd. Just because I'm not a fan of Leach (never have been) doesn't mean I want to run the wish bone or triple option. It just means that I think there are better (pass happy) options that would fit our university and demographics better. Yet there are several people who act as if Leach invented the passing game and his is the only sure fire way to go.

We also have to figure out what our goals are as a football program. When we hired Leach it was all about Cohen attempting to take us to another level that Mullen couldn't; to be able to beat the top level teams by throwing it more. Now the goalposts have been moved to we need to transition to a more modern day offense...pass heavy, throwing it all over the field. And now here we are rebuilding our football program after nuking it from the ground up, just to get back to where Dan had it. And for what, just to pass more? You're telling me the only way to transition into a more modern style offense was to blow up the program?

I get there were some locker room problems as well but you don't always have to cut off all your limbs because you have a hangnail.