Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Two players away from forfeit

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    I personally watched Mullen dress down in extreme language players, coaches, video staff, etc his first year here. Leaving because of that is an excuse and weak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Those kids knew the rules though. And one of them had been in trouble before. The rules are the rules no matter what the job is.
    Have we really kicked kids off the team for one failed drug test?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    We can only sign 26 and that includes transfers. Most of our seniors are going to move on. We will not have 80 players on scholarship next season.
    I think you are wrong. Ole Miss signed more than 26 when they came off restrictions.

https://247sports.com/college/ole-mi...tball/Commits/
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 11-19-2020 at 11:35 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    I personally watched Mullen dress down in extreme language players, coaches, video staff, etc his first year here. Leaving because of that is an excuse and weak.
    See this is where I'll give Leach a little bit of a reprieve. Mullen, Hev, and Co. were doing that from Day 1 when they stepped in the building. Those first winter workouts and spring practice was a gut check for a lot of players, coaches, and support staff. I remember hearing multiple stories of Dan's first meeting with the trainers, managers, support staff, etc. and he literally looked all of them in the face and said I'd fire every one of you if I could because my program doesn't employ losers. I believe that a few of these opt outs, transfers, or whatever you want to call them would've been solved in the spring. Now, the thing with Dan was that he wasn't cussing just to do it. He had a point he was trying to make as well. And he got that point across very quickly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    The issue right now is 100 percent on Cohen for hiring Moorhead in the first place and the debacle after the Egg Bowl. He should?ve either fired him then when coaches like Drinkwitz were still available or kept him another year. If he hired Neal Brown when he had the chance after Mullen I would bet a lot of money we wouldn?t be in this situation. While I don?t think Leach will work here, he does get a pass this year due to COVID and the big mess he inherited. I kind of wish Moorhead would?ve stayed another year now knowing that Chadwell is out there and is available and has a really small buy out. Yes, I know he had some NCAA issues, but nothing compared to Freeze and people through around his name. He is the best coach out there for a school like Miss State. I have a feeling USC will hire Napier over him though and that will come back to bite them
    The Moorehead debacle was on Keenum. Cohen had made it clear Moorehead was done after the egg bowl. When we won, Keenum told Cohen we couldn?t fire a coach who was 2-0 in the egg bow and back to back bowls. After the Gay/Schrader and Bowl performance, Keenum finally said ok he?s gone. Then Cohen fired him.

Napier was interested and was having serious talks until Keenum renighed. Once he did, Napier got butthurt and said eat shit when we came back to him the 2nd time.

That?s when Cohen was going with Judge and he was bringing in Will Hall and gonna be a ?CEO? type coach until the Giants came calling. I honestly think it would have been a good hire as long as he brought in a good staff and from all names I heard, he was.

Now the Moorehead hire was labeled as a great hire by literally everyone in the CFB.

The only thing I fought Cohen on is I would have went Satterfield instead of Moorhead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I think you are wrong. Ole Miss signed more than 26 when they came off restrictions.

No, they could count more players back than we can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    We've had 13 transfers? I know we've had several but thought it was around 7 or 8 not 13.
    Yes. 13 transfers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    The Moorehead debacle was on Keenum. Cohen had made it clear Moorehead was done after the egg bowl. When we won, Keenum told Cohen we couldn?t fire a coach who was 2-0 in the egg bow and back to back bowls. After the Gay/Schrader and Bowl performance, Keenum finally said ok he?s gone. Then Cohen fired him.

Napier was interested and was having serious talks until Keenum renighed. Once he did, Napier got butthurt and said eat shit when we came back to him the 2nd time.

That?s when Cohen was going with Judge and he was bringing in Will Hall and gonna be a ?CEO? type coach until the Giants came calling. I honestly think it would have been a good hire as long as he brought in a good staff and from all names I heard, he was.

Now the Moorehead hire was labeled as a great hire by literally everyone in the CFB.

The only thing I fought Cohen on is I would have went Satterfield instead of Moorhead.
    Off topic, but I saw where Judge got into a fist fight with one of his coaches. There's you some fire !!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    You mean do the same things Nick Saban, Bear Bryant, Pat Dye, Darrel K Royal, Steve Spurrier, and any other great coach you can name does or did?

Foootball isn't for pussies who get there feelings hurt.
    And hevesy and mullen and crew. At least the cussing out and condescending part.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    Leach will succeed here and when he does, I will be screaming my head off at you guys for all your doom and gloom.
    Define succeed. Bc even if he averages 7-5 like dan did, the goalposts will move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Have we really kicked kids off the team for one failed drug test?
    Yes. But those kids knew the rule. Two out of 80 kids didn't follow the rule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post

He's correct.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    So going out and getting skull drug by Georgia and Ole Miss would be better than not playing? Wrong.

If you don't play, you can blame it on covid.
    and yet people here are calling our players quitters** .... I heard Leach on the radio this am say we were playing Georgia and if there was a covid threat he was unaware of it but he was sure the media would let him know so he could plan accordingly ... another beaut from Leach - I loved it. I think we need to finish if possible and incorporate this season into the learning curve. Maybe the taste of this season will remain with the team and help drive better determination.
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post

Correct except the Moorhead being a great hire part. SI wrote an article proclaiming him the next great thing. Lots of people didn't have the same opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    The best thing for us recruiting wise is to not play.
    Agreed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    Leach will succeed here and when he does, I will be screaming my head off at you guys for all your doom and gloom.
    No he won't. We basically hired Ballard at the end of his career.

vCash
    Man you are clueless
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    You and both know why those players were kicked off due to leach archaic rules...
    You must have a pussified baby that was on the team. I?m sure he is a little sweetie-pie and the apple of your eye, but any player that walked because of Leach?s tough coaching style might as well have the sex change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Amen!

Saw the same.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    You mean do the same things Nick Saban, Bear Bryant, Pat Dye, Darrel K Royal, Steve Spurrier, and any other great coach you can name does or did?

Foootball isn't for pussies who get there feelings hurt.
    And Mullen, Hev, Grantham and the rest of that crew.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!