Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Two players away from forfeit

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Steve said on boneyard it's going to take at least 2 years to get back to full numbers.

Crazy that Leach was able to find dudes who meet his requirements in a state with legal weed and find disciplined players out on the west coast and now we have guys quitting because he's too tough on them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Steve said on boneyard it's going to take at least 2 years to get back to full numbers.

Crazy that Leach was able to find dudes who meet his requirements in a state with legal weed and find disciplined players out on the west coast and now we have guys quitting because he's too tough on them.
    It's not that simple. Leach didn't recruit these players. Leach hasn't really formed relationships with most of these players. We haven't lost 18 players b/c Leach is being too tough on them. There are a variety of reasons.

vCash
    The mod team needs to change the thread title. If we don't have enough players, the game is postponed, not forfeited. We didn't forfeit to Auburn.

vCash
    I am all for players following rules, but to legitimately kick players off the team for failing a drug test just for pot is ridiculous if that?s really true. I will hold off on commenting further until it?s discovered if that is a true fact or not, but if it is Leach is just digging himself a bigger hole

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Yes. But those kids knew the rule. Two out of 80 kids didn't follow the rule.
    I can't believe 78 out of 80 football players on an SEC team have not smoked weed since August, or whenever drug testing started under Leach (do they test in the summer?). If that's true, kudos to our players because that would be way more compliance than most major programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    I am all for players following rules, but to legitimately kick players off the team for failing a drug test just for pot is ridiculous if that?s really true. I will hold off on commenting further until it?s discovered if that is a true fact or not, but if it is Leach is just digging himself a bigger hole
    I don't know if it's true either, but if they were told ahead of time what would happen after a positive test, they have no leg to stand on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    No, they could count more players back than we can.
    I kind of have a feeling the rule will be relaxed a little this year. Isn't that an SEC rule?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    The mod team needs to change the thread title. If we don't have enough players, the game is postponed, not forfeited. We didn't forfeit to Auburn.
    If we don't have enough players we can't play any games so we have to forfeit. Rumors swirling around that we won't travel tomorrow if we get one positive test

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post

Is this pushback a Millennial thing, do anything you want attitude as long as I am not physically hurting anyone else? I miss the days when kids looked and acted like they had a purpose in life. I miss:

Tucked in shirts
    Button down shirts
    Neat hair - crew cuts were the norm when I was a kid
    No drinking until 18 (beer)
    No DOPE at all of any kind - not only would it disqualify you from sports but it would get you expelled from school as well
    Poor grades (less than a C average) disqualified you from extracurricular activities
    etc.
    I miss those days also. Many think that "kids have changed". The truth is that kids haven't changed. Instead our expectations of them have changed. We don't demand as much. We don't expect as much. We don't force them to achieve as much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I kind of have a feeling the rule will be relaxed a little this year. Isn't that an SEC rule?
    Oh Perfect, if they can't pass test 1, reduce the standard and if they can't pass test 2 then reduce the standard again and if they can't pass test 3 reduce the standard again until anyone barely breathing can pass it.

What a joke, do we not strive to be all we can be anymore, or do we just settle for the lowest common denominator in human behavior? We will soon be a nation of do nothings, a people that do not accept responsibility or have any inkling of what it means!

vCash
    Down to one positive test tomorrow and we are done for Saturday one more injury or transfer and we are down for the year. Powers Warren now In portal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Down to one positive test tomorrow and we are done for Saturday one more injury or transfer and we are down for the year. Powers Warren now In portal
    anyone know the story on this ? ...... I don't even know the guy
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    If we don't have enough players we can't play any games so we have to forfeit. Rumors swirling around that we won't travel tomorrow if we get one positive test
    Not correct. It will not be a forfeit. The game would be rescheduled to 12/19 or canceled if Georgia is playing in the SECCG that day.

It's also possible there is a larger schedule redoing to put the game on a different day, but it will never go down as a forfeit for us. Not a single game in all of college football this year affected by COVID has been forfeited.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    His Dad is the commissioner of the Big 10. Is a JR, hasn't seen the field this year; only got on the field once last year.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Not correct. It will not be a forfeit. The game would be rescheduled to 12/19 or canceled if Georgia is playing in the SECCG that day.

It's also possible there is a larger schedule redoing to put the game on a different day, but it will never go down as a forfeit for us. Not a single game in all of college football this year affected by COVID has been forfeited.
    Your not understanding. We won't have enough players to make a game let alone a make up game. I know about the dates. It has nothing to do with dates it's about we won't have the players to meet the requirements to play the games.... not hard to understand

vCash
    Your not understanding. We won't have enough players to make a game let alone a make up game. I know about the dates. It has nothing to do with dates it's about we won't have the players to meet the requirements to play the games.... not hard to understand
    Not true. But not far away either. We've got 60 players still. Injuries or opt outs could still get us, but we aren't there yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Not true. But not far away either. We've got 60 players still. Injuries or opt outs could still get us, but we aren't there yet.
    54 now. We had 55 before Warren opted out. Have to have 53

vCash
    Just forfeit and save face

vCash
    Even if we can never make it up, it will NOT be a forfeit. There have been and will be 0 COVID-related college football forfeits, even with some games permanently canceled.

Wisconsin is 2-0, not 2-2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Converted to WR from tight end. I bet all those guys go before it's over.