Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Two players away from forfeit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I thought it was Moorhead who set our program back years. That is what everyone was saying this time last season. So either Moorhead screwed up and Leach is stuck trying to fix it or Moorehead was not the problem and should still be our coach. I am glad I don't have to sit around some of your families table for Thanksgiving. A Lot of you probably can't decide should I eat the ham or turkey. Y'all are just comical at this point. Everyone is laughing at us. Leach isn't going anywhere so get over it.
    Just b/c Leach has been a disaster this year doesn't mean Moorhead should still be the coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    You and both know why those players were kicked off due to leach archaic rules...
    And what rules do you consider archaic?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    And what rules do you consider archaic?
    booting a player for 1 positive weed test. Most schools it takes 3 failed tests.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I actually agree that it is best that we stop playing - blame everything on Covid and just focus on next year.
    I think regardless there will be plenty of guys to fill the roster next season. Got to figure with this year not county for illegality there will not be room on a lot of teams so there will be a lot of guys in the transfer portal to pick up and or many highschool available to sign. This could end up being good.

vCash
    You all need to remember that If all teams play 10 games at best only 7 teams in the SEC will have a regular winning season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I think regardless there will be plenty of guys to fill the roster next season. Got to figure with this year not county for illegality there will not be room on a lot of teams so there will be a lot of guys in the transfer portal to pick up and or many highschool available to sign. This could end up being good.
    We can only sign 26 and that includes transfers. Most of our seniors are going to move on. We will not have 80 players on scholarship next season.

vCash
    It's best for us to go ahead and finish out the season. Players like Walley, Heath, Marks, Johnson, Forbes, etc. need all the reps they can get against SEC competition. This is a time we need to start trying some new players out as well. Remember, even if you shut it down it's not like you can continue to practice. We would be done with team activities until after the new year. Also, remember that there's no guarantee we'll have a spring this time around. It's likely but I'm certain it won't be normal spring practices. And what does shutting it down really accomplish at this point? Are people going to magic forget we suck and have no offense? NO. They're probably more likely to say that we used COVID as an excuse to shut it down which will make us look even worse. That shows no confidence from the coaching staff.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 11-19-2020 at 10:24 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    booting a player for 1 positive weed test. Most schools it takes 3 failed tests.
    Wait. Does anyone really believe this?

vCash
    Did I say tutorgate was Leach's fault? The only opt out that may be Covid related is Pickering. So not really.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the opt out rule put in place because of Covid?

vCash
    You can cut out the rot on you can bad mouth cuss out call kids names be condescending in front of teammates and push kids to the limit until they finally say F U leach.
    You don't realize how bad it is.
    You mean do the same things Nick Saban, Bear Bryant, Pat Dye, Darrel K Royal, Steve Spurrier, and any other great coach you can name does or did?

Foootball isn't for pussies who get there feelings hurt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the opt out rule put in place because of Covid?
    We only have 4 opt outs. Kylin and Murphy are listed as opt outs, they were booted. Tyler Williams opted out for other reasons. And then Pickering.

vCash
    We only had 83 scholarship players due to tutorgate. We've had 17 opt outs and transfers since the spring. So we're down to only 66 scholarship players right there that have nothing to do with Covid. Then injuries have taken us down to 54-55 available players.
    We only have 4 opt outs. Kylin and Murphy are listed as opt outs, they were booted. Tyler Williams opted out for other reasons. And then Pickering.
    We've had 13 transfers? I know we've had several but thought it was around 7 or 8 not 13.

vCash
    So Moorehead let’s the patients run the Asylum, and everyone bitches. Then Leach comes in and says either get with program and do what is expected, or get the 17 out. Then when “certain” people can’t take the heat and get their feelings hurt cause Leach/Arnett isn’t babying them, people wanna bitch.

Some of y’all need to make up your mind about who is at fault.

Oh and we all know.... Cohen is a horrible AD, Leach can’t run an offense against a drop 8, Mullenz is the greatest coach all time, and recruits are jumping ship***

I miss anything?

vCash
    Don't worry guys. This 2021 class will have 22 freshman who start and be better than everyone on the current roster. You know, "his players."

vCash
    You and both know why those players were kicked off due to leach archaic rules...
    Those kids knew the rules though. And one of them had been in trouble before. The rules are the rules no matter what the job is.

vCash
    Anybody that thinks this staff cusses kids more than that Mullen staff is crazy. Getting called soft and a ***** is way down the cussing pole. I can assure you, Hev went waaaaay beyond that.

vCash
    Depending on how good the player is - that number is flexible at most schools.

vCash
    I actually applaud Leach on this one for several reasons.

1) Push a young person to be better than they think they are
    2) Build a team with people that not only wants to succeed, but knows what it takes to do it (not only in sports but in life)
    3) Teach young people that there are consequences in life - do "X" and the consequence is "Y" and you don't always get to chose what "Y" is - especially when "X" is negative
    4) Provide more structure than they may have had growing up

Is this pushback a Millennial thing, do anything you want attitude as long as I am not physically hurting anyone else? I miss the days when kids looked and acted like they had a purpose in life. I miss:

Tucked in shirts
    Button down shirts
    Neat hair - crew cuts were the norm when I was a kid
    No drinking until 18 (beer)
    No DOPE at all of any kind - not only would it disqualify you from sports but it would get you expelled from school as well
    Poor grades (less than a C average) disqualified you from extracurricular activities
    etc.

vCash
    The issue right now is 100 percent on Cohen for hiring Moorhead in the first place and the debacle after the Egg Bowl. He should?ve either fired him then when coaches like Drinkwitz were still available or kept him another year. If he hired Neal Brown when he had the chance after Mullen I would bet a lot of money we wouldn?t be in this situation. While I don?t think Leach will work here, he does get a pass this year due to COVID and the big mess he inherited. I kind of wish Moorhead would?ve stayed another year now knowing that Chadwell is out there and is available and has a really small buy out. Yes, I know he had some NCAA issues, but nothing compared to Freeze and people through around his name. He is the best coach out there for a school like Miss State. I have a feeling USC will hire Napier over him though and that will come back to bite them

vCash
    Leach will succeed here and when he does, I will be screaming my head off at you guys for all your doom and gloom.