Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Two players away from forfeit

vCash

Two players away from season ending

Told y'all last weekend things were bad in Vegas.... well here we are with only 55 Scholarship players. Have to have 53 to play SEC games. You can blame it on Covid all you want but Leach and Cohn have destroyed what took 10 years to build.
    Based on what I was told this week don't look for us to finish the season. CML can't get to key west fast enough
    Last edited by Dawgfan77; 11-19-2020 at 06:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Told y'all last weekend things were bad in Vegas.... well here we are with only 55 Scholarship players. Have to have 53 to play SEC games. You can blame it on Covid all you want but Leach and Cohn have destroyed what took 10 years to build.
    Based on what I was told this week don't look for us to finish the season. CML can't get to key west fast enough
    Holy shit, not this again. What would you have anyone do about the current situation? We all get it. Some players don't like him, but that's the way it is right now. The way this year is playing out, I really don't care if we play. We are going to be with Leach for at least 3 years. Stop with all this doom and gloom.

vCash
    The best thing for us recruiting wise is to not play.

vCash
    We have Covid testing later today. If one scholarship player tests positive, we will have to cancel this weekend's game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Holy shit, not this again. What would you have anyone do about the current situation? We all get it. Some players don't like him, but that's the way it is right now. The way this year is playing out, I really don't care if we play. We are going to be with Leach for at least 3 years. Stop with all this doom and gloom.
    I respect your opinion but here's the deal. Leach staff ran off several players that they didn't have too. It is doom and gloom because he made a decision to get rid of these players. Some of these players didn't opt out due to covid they opted out cause Leach is acting like a dumbass.

vCash
    You are misinformed.

If you have 53 or more and the appropriate positions have players, you must play.

You can play with as few as 11 players.

vCash
    I respect your opinion but here's the deal. Leach staff ran off several players that they didn't have too. It is doom and gloom because he made a decision to get rid of these players. Some of these players didn't opt out due to covid they opted out cause Leach is acting like a dumbass.
    He had to cut out the rot. You obviously do not realize how bad it was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    That's the worst thing for recruiting. Word is getting out about how bad it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    Coach Jolly Roger has absolutely made us worse than we had to be. I’m not saying whether he will or won’t work long term (though my suspicion is a coaching search in a few years), but his approach and stubbornness are also responsible for this disaster just as much as any player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    You can cut out the rot on you can bad mouth cuss out call kids names be condescending in front of teammates and push kids to the limit until they finally say F U leach.
    You don't realize how bad it is.

vCash
    So you think we're barely fielding a team without COVID?

vCash
    They ran off Marcus Murphy (and Murphy really chose to leave but it was because of his coach chewing on his ass) and Kylin Hill. That's all. A couple got the boot for breaking rules they knew about. The rest chose to leave due to lack of playing time or whatever reason they choose to use. But, no, Leach hasn't "run off" a bunch of players.

vCash
    That's the worst thing for recruiting. Word is getting out about how bad it is.
    So going out and getting skull drug by Georgia and Ole Miss would be better than not playing? Wrong.

If you don't play, you can blame it on covid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    This all day long and all week long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    So you think we're barely fielding a team without COVID?
    We only had 83 scholarship players due to tutorgate. We've had 17 opt outs and transfers since the spring. So we're down to only 66 scholarship players right there that have nothing to do with Covid. Then injuries have taken us down to 54-55 available players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    We only had 83 scholarship players due to tutorgate. We've had 17 opt outs and transfers since the spring. So we're down to only 66 scholarship players right there that have nothing to do with Covid. Then injuries have taken us down to 54-55 available players.
    Tutorgate wasn't Leach's fault so that's another handicap he's had to deal with since coming here but are you also saying opt outs have nothing to do with COVID?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    They ran off Marcus Murphy (and Murphy really chose to leave but it was because of his coach chewing on his ass) and Kylin Hill. That's all. A couple got the boot for breaking rules they knew about. The rest chose to leave due to lack of playing time or whatever reason they choose to use. But, no, Leach hasn't "run off" a bunch of players.
    You and both know why those players were kicked off due to leach archaic rules...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Tutorgate wasn't Leach's fault so that's another handicap he's had to deal with since coming here but are you also saying opt outs have nothing to do with COVID?
    Did I say tutorgate was Leach's fault? The only opt out that may be Covid related is Pickering. So not really.

vCash
    I thought it was Moorhead who set our program back years. That is what everyone was saying this time last season. So either Moorhead screwed up and Leach is stuck trying to fix it or Moorehead was not the problem and should still be our coach. I am glad I don't have to sit around some of your families table for Thanksgiving. A Lot of you probably can't decide should I eat the ham or turkey. Y'all are just comical at this point. Everyone is laughing at us. Leach isn't going anywhere so get over it.

vCash
    I actually agree that it is best that we stop playing - blame everything on Covid and just focus on next year.