Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pickering Out...

vCash
    The way this season is going, I don't blame any of these kids for going home and spending time with their families.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    The way this season is going, I don't blame any of these kids for going home and spending time with their families.
    at the cost of costing their teammates a chance to play a season?

Whether you opt out or not can't depend on your team's record. FWIW, I don't think that's happened with Pickering. I think he has legit reasons.

If I were a coach & a guy opted out because the season isn't going well, I'd kick him off the team & never want to see his face again. it's Ok to opt out, but you better have a legit reason
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Can any insider give more information, I?m hearing conflicting things on whether this is an opt out or a transfer portal.
    He said in his twitter message from 247: "Pickering, a true sophomore and regular at nose tackle, posted this news at 1:40 ct. ?I love Mississippi State University and all the people surrounding it. There?s not a school I (would) rather play for. God has a plan for everything. This is not about transferring but something I have to do. That being said I will be opting out of the 2020 season.?
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Lots of talk it's going to be canceled.
    Bet it anyway. You'll get refund

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    How many players do we even have left at this point? Even a minor COVID outbreak we'll probably take us out of any game left on our schedule.
    I sure as hell hope so.

vCash
    Does Vegas have odds on us not playing another game this season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I sure as hell hope so.
    Hopefully that will include NOT getting embarrassed by OM.

vCash
    I like Pickering a lot. Hope he comes back to us next year. Good fella.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Lots of talk it's going to be canceled.
    Wouldn't mind if it did and we played Jackson State on 12/19 to make up for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    at the cost of costing their teammates a chance to play a season?

Whether you opt out or not can't depend on your team's record. FWIW, I don't think that's happened with Pickering. I think he has legit reasons.

If I were a coach & a guy opted out because the season isn't going well, I'd kick him off the team & never want to see his face again. it's Ok to opt out, but you better have a legit reason
    There are a lot of grandparents that won't survive this winter and this season gets more meaningless by the day. At this point there's a lot more important stuff than football. Don't ask me how I know....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    There are a lot of grandparents that won't survive this winter and this season gets more meaningless by the day. At this point there's a lot more important stuff than football. Don't ask me how I know....
    Are you saying a player playing football makes it more likely that said player's grandparents will die from covid? Bc that would require that the player be more likely to get covid playing football than not playing football AND that said player is going to be around their grandparents before December 19.

Or just saying that players may want to opt out bc things in life are more important than football and they don't want to worry about football right now?

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    If he had or has COVID, and he had effects from it it would be wise for him to sit out. I'm 2 weeks post COVID that included a 6 day stint in the hospital - Dr. said it could easily be 3 months before my energy level is back to what it was.
    Damn, dude, sorry to hear about that. I hope you're recovering well. Now may be a good time to get really well acquainted with that four-disc ABB Fillmore West set that came out earlier this year.

On the topic of the thread, it sucks and is a big loss, but so it goes. If dude had or has symptoms that are rough or has seen some friends or family members having a rough go of it, I can't blame him for sitting out the rest of the games following a rash of player infections.

vCash
    Wow... this is one miserable 17'n fan base. If I've lived half of my life outside of MS, I can legit root for another college, right? Insufferable...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Is it better for our program for young guys to play or cancel the season to prevent recruiting issues?
    Cancel season will stop the bleeding with our team, program and Leach. If I'm Cohen, I do all I can to cancel out.

If we play we get run over by everyone. Olemiss will beat us 72-0. Our D is good but due to injuries, Covid and attrition our D is depleted. O is hopeless so what does that leave us?

Glad Pickering is staying. He may be doing it because of health issues, maybe he doesn't feel comfortable with the spread of Covid or he may not feel he is in shape to play properly. At least he can't get hurt bad enough to mess up next year or spring.

We need Pickering, Crumedy and company on D back.

vCash
    If he had or has COVID, and he had effects from it it would be wise for him to sit out. I'm 2 weeks post COVID that included a 6 day stint in the hospital - Dr. said it could easily be 3 months before my energy level is back to what it was.
    Sorry to hear that Brunswick. You can't blame anyone for opting out..... family comes before football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Are you saying a player playing football makes it more likely that said player's grandparents will die from covid? Bc that would require that the player be more likely to get covid playing football than not playing football AND that said player is going to be around their grandparents before December 19.

Or just saying that players may want to opt out bc things in life are more important than football and they don't want to worry about football right now?

Saying that this may be the last holidays some may get to spend with their grandparents.

vCash
    My wife got through it about 4 or 5 weeks ago but even today she still has some symptoms that bring the fatigue and shaking (Rigors) for a few hours each day ... Hope your recovery goes well
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    My wife got through it about 4 or 5 weeks ago but even today she still has some symptoms that bring the fatigue and shaking (Rigors) for a few hours each day ... Hope your recovery goes well
    My brother-in-law is just starting to recover from it after spending two weeks in bed. He complains about having zero energy. Sounds like it could be a while before he does.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.