Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: All the talk about needing better WR, but what about RB?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    They were both 4 star talents though.
    Ballard was a middle of the road 3 star coming out of JUCO per 247. Can't find anything even rating him coming out of HS.

Josh Robinson was a low tier 3 star out of HS per 247. Heck ESPN had him as a 2 star.

Where are you getting your info?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Don't let facts get in the way.
    They weren't 4 stars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Yea I was hoping we'd be in play for him.
    Wouldn't count on it: https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/01/mik...orghi-reaction

Also, this:

“I think coach Rolo is totally a players’ coach,” running back Max Borghi said after Rolovich’s introductory news conference. “Obviously, (it’s) different than what we’re used to. He’s someone who wants to connect with every one of his players, no matter if you’re the starter or the scout guy. He obviously takes pride in learning everyone’s names. I can almost tell he’s more of a father-figure type coach, rather than a ‘go through the motions’ type coach. He cares about us as men.”
    https://lmtribune.com/sports/dillard...7a8e6ced9.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    Great hire Cohen.

vCash
    Ballard was a middle of the road 3 star coming out of JUCO per 247. Can't find anything even rating him coming out of HS.

Josh Robinson was a low tier 3 star out of HS per 247. Heck ESPN had him as a 2 star.

Where are you getting your info?
    and they both were drafted ... just underrated
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    and they both were drafted ... just underrated
    True but the inference is that were 4 star recruits. We've always been able to find good talent at that position so I'm not too worried about RB going forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    Yea ironic though he hasn't rushed once this season. I think he's injured but point stands. Also that was a reflex reaction I'm sure because Leach involved Borghi a ton. He became a dangerous weapon in his offense.

vCash
    Yea ironic though he hasn't rushed once this season. I think he's injured but point stands. Also that was a reflex reaction I'm sure because Leach involved Borghi a ton. He became a dangerous weapon in his offense.
    Borghi was an amazing get for that staff. Being able to pull him from Colorado was big. He reminds me of a poor man's Christian Mccaffrey. That's the type of back you have to have for this offense. That's why Ahmonte Watkins would be a MASSIVE recruiting victory for this staff.

vCash
    RB will be very difficult to recruit going forward.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    RB will be very difficult to recruit going forward.
    It will be in the sense that we have to hit on any RB we recruit. If this offense can get going, which remains to be seen, getting interest won't be hard but finding the right fit will be incredibly difficult. You need someone like a Kamara, CmC, Rex Burkhead, or Aaron Jones.

This is why I'm really skeptical about offering this Starkville High RB. Doesn't seem like he fits at all. Could be wrong though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Borghi was an amazing get for that staff. Being able to pull him from Colorado was big. He reminds me of a poor man's Christian Mccaffrey. That's the type of back you have to have for this offense. That's why Ahmonte Watkins would be a MASSIVE recruiting victory for this staff.
    Is he legitimately interested?

vCash
    Is he legitimately interested?
    I think I read that he was. Now, the way our offense currently looks he may have backed off that, but I seem to remember that he had definite interest in us. Can't remember where I read it. I think it was either Rosie or Paul Jones