Thread: Huge 2021 commit to add to class

vCash

Huge 2021 commit to add to class

3B Slate Alford, who de committed from Auburn a few days ago signed with us yesterday. He is 6-3, 215 and ranked 233 overall in the country.

Judging by social media several of our commits helped him out in the decision.

We are getting some physical specimens in our program. Several pitchers are over 6-3. We needed big corner infielders and we got them.

vCash
    Finally - we steal something from Butch after he’s flipped so much from us

This young man has great size, long way from Cohen’s all-bunter classes of the late 2000s

Plus, ranked high, but not too high. Perfect college baseball recruit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MsStateBaseball View Post
    3B Slate Alford, who de committed from Auburn a few days ago signed with us yesterday. He is 6-3, 215 and ranked 233 overall in the country.

Judging by social media several of our commits helped him out in the decision.

We are getting some physical specimens in our program. Several pitchers are over 6-3. We needed big corner infielders and we got them.
    Committed... Not signed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Finally - we steal something from Butch after he’s flipped so much from us

This young man has great size, long way from Cohen’s all-bunter classes of the late 2000s

Plus, ranked high, but not too high. Perfect college baseball recruit
    Yeah. The biggest one he took was Jack Owens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    Committed... Not signed.
    I'm willing to bet he signs.... if he hasn't yet

vCash
    Ok Guys trash JC all u want about football hires but the IB was a 17?n awesome baseball coach. Yes he recruited a bunch of bunters when bats were dead but there was a reason for that. When bats changed he changed and took us to the finals of the CWS. Look at this overall record. He?s the best at any sport we?ve ever had minus Vic. I think u could make an argument that Vic is the greatest coach on MS college sports history.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Avelso View Post
    Ok Guys trash JC all u want about football hires but the IB was a 17?n awesome baseball coach. Yes he recruited a bunch of bunters when bats were dead but there was a reason for that. When bats changed he changed and took us to the finals of the CWS. Look at this overall record. He?s the best at any sport we?ve ever had minus Vic. I think u could make an argument that Vic is the greatest coach on MS college sports history.
    He was 108-130 in conference games as MSU head coach. He was a good coach. I don't think he was a great coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    He was 108-130 in conference games as MSU head coach. He was a good coach. I don't think he was a great coach.
    To be fair to him, he took over a train wreck. He started basically from scratch w that roster.... had he kept his baseball job his worth as a coach would be greater appreciated IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    To be fair to him, he took over a train wreck. He started basically from scratch w that roster.... had he kept his baseball job his worth as a coach would be greater appreciated IMO.
    Cant bring that up LOL....he took over a complete dumpster fire and was sued for asking a player to actually practice (Moore kid). Bottom line....he almost got us a Natty and left the program in really good shape. Cannizaro was a great hire but there is still one thing thats undefeated and it aint message boards.

vCash
    Really good commit here.

Has a Brent Rooker type starter kit with his tools. If everything clicks, you may get a middle of the order right handed bat with similar ability & he should get to school.

Hard to find power in college baseball & we got some here. Great commit
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    The Cohen era was kinda all over the place. He had some of the highest highs in our history (2013 and 2016) and also some of the lowest lows (2009-10, 2015). I would definitely say the good outweighed the bad though, and he deserves a lot of credit for his recruiting. It greatly helped our program remaining good in spite of several coaching changes.

He brought our program back from the dead and set the table for us to be an elite program in the modern era.

vCash
    Welcome aboard. I'm excited about the level we are recruiting at. I also think you'll have a higher number of kids come to play college baseball as opposed to testing the pro waters in the modern era of baseball. We have some high level baseball coaches here. Our recent track record at putting players in the bigs speaks for itself. And we have a few more about to make that jump.
    Last edited by hp22; 11-19-2020 at 01:26 AM.

vCash
    In a sport that 90% of the NCAA doesn?t even try and is basically a club sport with most schools.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Avelso View Post
    Sorry John, you were a good coach. You almost won it all in 2013.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    In a sport that 90% of the NCAA doesn?t even try and is basically a club sport with most schools.
    Nevermind...smh

vCash
    Nevermind...smh
    Nobody puts down MSU better than MSU fans.

And the fact that we have someone focusing on Cohen's SEC record- LOL. Never mind that NC round appearance, SEC title, and three SR appearances while completely rebuilding the program.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Nobody puts down MSU better than MSU fans.

And the fact that we have someone focusing on Cohen's SEC record- LOL. Never mind that NC round appearance, SEC title, and three SR appearances while completely rebuilding the program.**
    I'm gonna chalk that one up to his major disdain for JC and let it go...

vCash
    I'm gonna chalk that one up to his major disdain for JC and let it go...
    If you are talking about me, I don't have a major disdain for JC. He shouldn't be the AD, but that's not his fault.