Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Athletic Dept as a Whole

vCash

Our Athletic Dept as a Whole

I've heard some whispers about the coach that resigned this week. Anybody know exactly what that was about?

Football issues are obvious.

A lot of fans, right or wrong, are not happy with women's basketball coach. I fear that fan support Will not being what it was with Vic.

All that to say, does Cohen survive this if leach doesn't get it turned around? Should he?

vCash
    No he doesn't survive and no he shouldn't survive if Leach doesn't turn it around. Fair or not, AD's are defined by their hires in football and men's basketball. Find me a P5 AD that has survived more than one bad hire in those sports without some serious accumulated good will.

vCash
    Our women's basketball coach better win because she has already alienated some of her fanbase
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Cohen needs to go no matter what happens with Leach.

vCash
    People getting their drawers in a wad over political stuff are stupid. She hasn't even coached a game. Leach rants about Trump. People need to grow the 17 up.
    And the likelihood of us firing Cohen is far more slim than you might imagine. It's been over 40 years since we fired an AD, he was the damn coach. Do you think if our President didn't have the sack to fire Moorhead he's going to fire Cohen, who has more support? I'm not sure he does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Our women's basketball coach better win because she has already alienated some of her fanbase
    Yea that's what I was referring to.

vCash
    Cohen needs to go today because he is a bad AD.
    Last edited by Leeshouldveflanked; 11-17-2020 at 05:43 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Yea that's what I was referring to.
    I don't care about our coaches political beliefs but it's typically poor form to make those known on a work related account.

vCash
    Leach hasn't said anything about trump that I'm aware since he's been our coach. The overwhelming majority of our fan base have no idea of his political leanings.

And I don't care who he or any other coach supports. But a lot of fans will

vCash
    If this is over anything political they need to grow up. Just like no one cares if Leach supports Trump, no one should care who she supports. It?s all about results. If we fire Leach it won?t be related to his politics, same with any other coach. A coach doesn?t lose their freedom of speech. People need to learn to listen to views outside their own bubble.

vCash
    Leach hasn't said anything about trump that I'm aware since he's been our coach. The overwhelming majority of our fan base have no idea of his political leanings.

And I don't care who he or any other coach supports. But a lot of fans will
    He came out with that whole "we aren't as free as we're used to be" shit after the election. Then people all over the internet talking about him being a Trump supporter and friend (it's on here). I'll say again, politics is silliness. Adults getting pissed about it is stupid. I don't give a rats ass who someone votes for.

vCash
    I don't care about Cohen's politics. He needs to go because he is a bad AD.

vCash
    People are seriously mad that McCray-Penson tweeted something about Biden? Don't think I remember people being "alienated" when Mullen was posting pictures from the 2016 RNC with MAGA hats.

In any event, no public university employee is getting fired because of who they support politically. That's actually what First Amendment retaliation is about...

vCash
    Yes she has. Taking Vic's place was a hard enough job, and she's apparently made it more difficult.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I don't care about our coaches political beliefs but it's typically poor form to make those known on a work related account.
    Correct - we should not know or care about the political leanings of Cohen, Leach, the women's basketball coach, or any of the others. They're the ones who make it an issue by opening their mouths.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Correct - we should not know or care about the political leanings of Cohen, Leach, the women's basketball coach, or any of the others. They're the ones who make it an issue by opening their mouths.
    It shouldn't be an issue at all. Grown men getting their feelings hurt over it is pathetic.

vCash
    I've heard some whispers about the coach that resigned this week. Anybody know exactly what that was about?

Football issues are obvious.

A lot of fans, right or wrong, are not happy with women's basketball coach. I fear that fan support Will not being what it was with Vic.

All that to say, does Cohen survive this if leach doesn't get it turned around? Should he?
    The women's golf coach?? It happened 2 weeks ago.... who cares really.

vCash
    I'm not as down on Cohen as some of yall, BUT can we list some of the positive things he has done since becoming AD? I can't think of many, but I'm sure there are some. I mean he did hire Lemonis and that looks to be a good hire, but Lemonis didn't meet any of the criteria he laid out for the search.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yeah but she has “principles”. That’s all that matters in a coach to some posters here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    People getting their drawers in a wad over political stuff are stupid. She hasn't even coached a game. Leach rants about Trump. People need to grow the 17 up.
    And the likelihood of us firing Cohen is far more slim than you might imagine. It's been over 40 years since we fired an AD, he was the damn coach. Do you think if our President didn't have the sack to fire Moorhead he's going to fire Cohen, who has more support? I'm not sure he does.
    We fired Lonnie
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More