Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Our Athletic Dept as a Whole

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Regarding the fans pushing back on the basketball coach, I have a feeling this thread is making a mountain out of an ant hill.

Maybe there is a few folks at the Bogiechitto barber shop that complain thatMiss State has a liberal coach. However the folks that actually go to games have similar political views of the coach.

As for recruitment; the president to the ad to the ball coach will tow whatever political view to land players. Recruiting will be fine despite Bob from Bogiechitto.
    Guaranteed that more people who go to the games have different political views than the coach.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    I sure hope everyone #offended by Coach McCray's Tweet had the same reaction to this one:

[tweet]755921807002046464[/tweet]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I sure hope everyone #offended by Coach McCray's Tweet had the same reaction to this one:

[tweet]755921807002046464[/tweet]
    There are a couple of issues w this and the one from our current women's coach. Our football coach was told to "chill" his posts on Twitter. So if he's told to "chill" then shouldn't what's good for the goose be good for the gander? Now, I'll say it's stupid he was told to chill out. Basically stupid. But can't ask him if not ask her. Yet, she was allowed to go w the BLM mantra forever....... double standard already if you ask me but I digress

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    There are a couple of issues w this and the one from our current women's coach. Our football coach was told to "chill" his posts on Twitter. So if he's told to "chill" then shouldn't what's good for the goose be good for the gander? Now, I'll say it's stupid he was told to chill out. Basically stupid. But can't ask him if not ask her. Yet, she was allowed to go w the BLM mantra forever....... double standard already if you ask me but I digress
    As already established on this thread, McCray was apparently told to "chill" too. Her posts about Biden (really about Harris) are gone. Mullen, under a prior AD, is the one whose political posts were allowed to remain. Cohen appears to have a different stance than Stricklin on whether our coaches should be keeping politics out of their official Twitter accounts.

vCash
    BLM movement has a lot of benevolent, well-intentioned people fooled, but there's no need to dwell on it now. Politics is like SEC recruiting, not a fair sport and it stinks.
    Last edited by Bothrops; 11-18-2020 at 12:04 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    As already established on this thread, McCray was apparently told to "chill" too. Her posts about Biden (really about Harris) are gone. Mullen, under a prior AD, is the one whose political posts were allowed to remain. Cohen appears to have a different stance than Stricklin on whether our coaches should be keeping politics out of their official Twitter accounts.
    I don't think it would matter which administration was in charge today. The political landscape has changed drastically in the last 4 years. What was winked at then isn't anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    BLM movement has a lot of benevolent, well-intentioned people fooled, but there's no need to dwell on it now. Politics is like SEC recruiting, not a fair sport and it stinks.
    Activists need racism to get paid & win elections. If they didn't have it, they wouldn't get paid & couldn't win elections. Thus racism is in far great demand than it is in supply
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I would think that most people would understand the nuance in the situation of a football coach that is coaching a team of mostly young black men that marched in support of BLM, may not want to tweet out his clear support for a candidate or at least a bunch of his supporters have taken a position that BLM is not a good movement and that kneeling and Kaep are not things they like in this country.

Go ask any black football player if they support Kaep and what he did. I would think you would be looking at a 90% or higher support rate. Lets remember Trump has said some hateful things about yanking him off the field, forcing him to stand and whatnot.

Now lets be clear, this is not a post about who is right on this issue - its just the reality of the position on both sides. One of the things Leach has gotten right is muting his twitter personality. I've been very happy about that. I think the situations are clearly different and I could see this decision by someone in our AD's office to potentially be a problem. Hopefully not, but it is not a good look.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    I wish the world over people thought like you but fact is that there will never be sports without corruption and there's next to no chance a consistent winner will be built in college football without some shortcuts. You replied the other day and said that you hoped I didn't lead my personal life that way and the answer is I don't. There's a difference though between my personal life and sports. I would also never entertain coaching because I know that unless I wanted to go far and win big on the big stage there would have to be some moral sacrifices somewhere. Just the way it is in sports.
    My comments are not against you, but don't you think your description of sports and what it takes to "get to the top" is a very SAD commentary on the state of sports in general? They have to cheat or they won't succeed? If it is that bad at the non-professional levels, how bad is it in the pro ranks? WOW!! Then why punish Lance Armstrong, Rafael Palmeiro or even the Houston Astros club for cheating if everybody else cheats - but maybe in different ways?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    My comments are not against you, but don't you think your description of sports and what it takes to "get to the top" is a very SAD commentary on the state of sports in general? They have to cheat or they won't succeed? If it is that bad at the non-professional levels, how bad is it in the pro ranks? WOW!! Then why punish Lance Armstrong, Rafael Palmeiro or even the Houston Astros club for cheating if everybody else cheats - but maybe in different ways?
    You're right that it is a sad commentary. Why watch sports in general then? Tbh though I barely watch any sports anymore. About the only thing I watch is MSU football and even then that's been declining. I didn't watch the Vandy game. There's several games the last few years I haven't watched only to refer to the boxscore at the end. There was a time I'd religiously set aside time and anything else to watch State play but I really just don't care like I used to.