Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Players opting out or quitting...

vCash

Players opting out or quitting...

If a player or player (s) will opt out or quit on their team without good reason...Which to me is a legitimate health concern for the individual or family, then they will "opt out" or quit on the team at half-time or the 4th quarter when you need them. And I saw a lot of this last year especially the second half of the season and the bowl game. For the many of you on here who claim "things are very bad in Vegas" when Cohen fired Joe Moe and hired Leach, the decision was made at that point to clean up the issues at hand. No spring delayed the attrition to the fall. If you don't want to play or do the things necessary to win, then see ya....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolfer View Post
    If a player or player (s) will opt out or quit on their team without good reason...Which to me is a legitimate health concern for the individual or family, then they will "opt out" or quit on the team at half-time or the 4th quarter when you need them. And I saw a lot of this last year especially the second half of the season and the bowl game. For the many of you on here who claim "things are very bad in Vegas" when Cohen fired Joe Moe and hired Leach, the decision was made at that point to clean up the issues at hand. No spring delayed the attrition to the fall. If you don't want to play or do the things necessary to win, then see ya....
    thanks for those wonderful words of encouragement** ...... you, me, or almost anyone else here has no clue what's going on or causing these guys to leave. If it was just a couple of guys then that's expected - when it's this many there's a reason. Our TRUE inside insiders are silent on what's happening - what makes you think you've got it all figured out? I would rather you just have said that you support our coach in his effort instead of yet ANOTHER derogatory comment / thread towards our players calling them quitters.... you must be related to Todd
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    I?m probably opting out on buying season tickets until Cohen is gone... as will a significant number of the fan base.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    I?m probably opting out on buying season tickets until Cohen is gone... as will a significant number of the fan base.
    Even if we start winning?

What do you have against Cohen?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    thanks for those wonderful words of encouragement** ...... you, me, or almost anyone else here has no clue what's going on or causing these guys to leave. If it was just a couple of guys then that's expected - when it's this many there's a reason. Our TRUE inside insiders are silent on what's happening - what makes you think you've got it all figured out? I would rather you just have said that you support our coach in his effort instead of yet ANOTHER derogatory comment / thread towards our players calling them quitters.... you must be related to Todd
    Two of the three are quitters. One attempted/threatened to quit multiple times but we kissed his ass and kept him. He threatened to quit under two coaches. Another threatened to as well. The third may be done with ball. If the facts offend someone, I don't care.
    The failed drug test guys, well, that's on the players for not following the rules and a stupid policy by the coach. Blame whichever side. The QBs that left wasn't going to play. Don't blame them.
    The two that left before the season were different. One had people pushing him to leave and now he's a backup. The other was a drama queen who wouldn't touch the field much if not for injuries at FSU.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 11-17-2020 at 10:21 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Two of the three are quitters. One attempted/threatened to quit multiple times but we kissed his ass and kept him. He threatened to quit under two coaches. Another threatened to as well. The third may be done with ball. If the facts offend someone, I don't care.
    You always seem to evolve back to it's the players fault. I can member you calling this offense garbage not so long ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    You always seem to evolve back to it's the players fault. I can member you calling this offense garbage not so long ago.
    Only the ones that deserve it. It's actually very few. And I don't like the offense. I don't like that we aren't putting players In a position to help the team. But kids have to follow rules and can't threaten to quit at every difficult turn.

vCash
    Only the ones that deserve it. It's actually very few. And I don't like the offense. I don't like that we aren't putting players In a position to help the team. But kids have to follow rules and can't threaten to quit at every difficult turn.
    Well, I can't argue with that. May be the first time I've ever said that

vCash
    I don't see this as taking one side or the other. There are problems on both sides of the situation. After this season, things should improve- Should.
    But it's why I blame Cohen. He didn't have to do this three year rebuild bullshit with a coach that he knew would do this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    I am not opting out. I am State fan plain and simple. However the more that do the better chance I have to getting better seats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I am not opting out. I am State fan plain and simple. However the more that do the better chance I have to getting better seats.
    Jack always sees the upside to any bad situation! LOL

vCash
    I don't see this as taking one side or the other. There are problems on both sides of the situation. After this season, things should improve- Should.
    But it's why I blame Cohen. He didn't have to do this three year rebuild bullshit with a coach that he knew would do this.
    Whether it's more JC's fault, bad timing, or a combo of both, it's hard to argue the notion that his department has seemed like a patchwork quilt of f**k ups since he got the gig. Aside from CDM's annual will he/won't he, I got comfortable with that era's stability and above average performance. It seemed to reflect the reliably low-key always good enough sometimes really good culture around Starkville. My days as a student there ended in the early aughts, just prior to the mass hysteria that is social media took hold, so maybe there's always been more drama than most were aware of. But I doubt it.

vCash
    Mullen spoiled us. He's a great coach who did well, but no championships etc. That speaks to MSU and Starkville, MS as much as anything. We bitched about his recruiting, but he's killing it at FL. Year 3 for him looks really good (even with the A&M hiccup). Leach looks like he's going to recruit as well or better than Dan if his system eventually works (YUGE If). It's just damn hard to win here.
    And what if Joe Judge hadn't been offered the Giants job. We might have a little different opinion on Cohen I guess, but he really went way out there with the Leach hire when his top two said no.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 11-17-2020 at 11:46 AM.

vCash
    Who was the other top 2? (Judge and Napier?)

vCash
    Mullen spoiled us. He's a great coach who did well, but no championships etc. That speaks to MSU and Starkville, MS as much as anything. We bitched about his recruiting, but he's killing it at FL. Year 3 for him looks really good (even with the A&M hiccup). Leach looks like he's going to recruit as well or better than Dan if his system eventually works (YUGE If). It's just damn hard to win here.
    And what if Joe Judge hadn't been offered the Giants job. We might have a little different opinion on Cohen I guess, but he really went way out there with the Leach hire when his top two said no.
    Mullen's is trying a lot harder at FL. You can tell in his body language & intensity. If never put forth the effort in recruiting here that he is at Florida.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Mullen's is trying a lot harder at FL. You can tell in his body language & intensity. If never put forth the effort in recruiting here that he is at Florida.
    Mullen tried here, not to the level JOMO did. JomO busted it and got basically the same results. Mullen's effort puts our current coach's to shame. . ....... We have a limited amount of resources here, we are going to recruit within a 25-35 window on avg I don't care whot the coach is.

vCash
    No he's not. In order to pull MSU from the morgue he used plenty of energy and effort.

vCash
    This ... Plus he's not trying to leave Florida yet and probably learned some head coaching lessons about the game, recruiting, and fans as well .... even tho he's still trying fake punts
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Yes Dan a good coach but lets face it, SECE sucks and has for a long time. He may be doing the same as here just not in SECW. SECW is down this year too.

vCash
    Harder than he did the last 3 years at MSU that is for sure.