Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Players opting out or quitting...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Mullen's is trying a lot harder at FL. You can tell in his body language & intensity. If never put forth the effort in recruiting here that he is at Florida.
    No harder than he did here his first 5 or 6 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Mullen's is trying a lot harder at FL. You can tell in his body language & intensity. If never put forth the effort in recruiting here that he is at Florida.
    Mullen knew when he was hired he didn't want to be here, it was his opportunity for a HC gig. A stepping stone that's all.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Mullen knew when he was hired he didn't want to be here, it was his opportunity for a HC gig. A stepping stone that's all.
    He was here 9 years. He was engaged 6 years. He wanted to be here. This idea of coaches staying somewhere forever is silly talk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I am not opting out. I am State fan plain and simple. However the more that do the better chance I have to getting better seats.
    You forgot to thank him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Mullen tried here, not to the level JOMO did. JomO busted it and got basically the same results. Mullen's effort puts our current coach's to shame. . ....... We have a limited amount of resources here, we are going to recruit within a 25-35 window on avg I don't care whot the coach is.
    This is truth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    I?m probably opting out on buying season tickets until Cohen is gone... as will a significant number of the fan base.
    Where are your seats and how many? I'm always looking for a better spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    No harder than he did here his first 5 or 6 years.
    Maybe his first 2 here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Maybe his first 2 here.
    Just not true... he was trying stupid hard. His ego wouldn't let him not try hard. And if he wanted a better job he HAD to try. Anything else is folk legend. Anyway, people will come to realize 4-4 in the sec isn't so easy...... those that expect more are living a pipe dream.... everyone in our league wants to win!! Everyone! Well maybe vandy doesn't care but we don't get them every year.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Mullen tried here, not to the level JOMO did. JomO busted it and got basically the same results. Mullen's effort puts our current coach's to shame. . ....... We have a limited amount of resources here, we are going to recruit within a 25-35 window on avg I don't care whot the coach is.
    You're right about the recruiting ranking- but that's not what I'm worried about or want to see when it comes to our recruiting class. Our class is always going to be lower because we are as Dan said a developmental program meaning we're going to take guys that are three star guys and are raw and can become good with good player development. That and the fact that the recruiting sites half ass evaluate most of our players anyway.

That said- the MOST important thing is because we are a developmental program we HAVE TO make sure we fill out spots in our position groups. Dan was really bad at that. Same difference as Ole Miss signing a bunch of 4 star receivers to get their ranking up while not recruiting any linebackers. We can't afford to do that and it limits our ceiling because our recipe to win is to have upperclassmen at ALL spots. We can't win at a high level with a bunch of freshmen and sophomores playing WR or on the OL or LB or whatever it is. Yeah- we might be able to win 8 games or whatever with some holes by beating four OOC cupcakes and some teams that are down in the SEC- but those freshmen takes their lumps and get exposed big time by the blue bloods. And not saying that covering all our spots will win us a title but it will give us our best chance to beat people like Alabama. That's what happened in 2014.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    I?m probably opting out on buying season tickets until Cohen is gone... as will a significant number of the fan base.
    It sounds like we won't miss you, you're probably one of those boomers that has aisle seats and gives out the stank eye when having to move for people trying to get by
    Also, season ticket sales aren't going to be as good for the next couple years anyway due to covid: the fear of the virus and the fact that the ticket costs aren't probably missed by those who normally get them every year.
    Along those same lines, I believe masks are now going to be part of our culture, you may never go into the Walmarts again without seeing at least a couple.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Where are your seats and how many? I'm always looking for a better spot.
    Sitting on the 50 in 336....