Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Unsustainable Part of Ole Miss' Offense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    They were running a pure option offense last year. It was basically the veer with Plumlee at QB.

They changed their offense completely.
    But all the players they have were recruited under Longo. Their personnel is perfect for what they're running
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    We have 5-7 years of being in the West basement ahead of us. Thats on Cohen.

vCash
    If they keep recruiting in the 50's it will catch up to them sooner than later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    We have 5-7 years of being in the West basement ahead of us. Thats on Cohen.
    And Stricklin too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If they keep recruiting in the 50's it will catch up to them sooner than later.
    I agree with this. Lane has to step their recruiting or jump ship

vCash
    They probably beat us this year. I think our D will do a decent job, but they are going to probably score at least 28. Not sure what this particular year tells of the future for either team to be honest, but they have to feel decent about at least their offense going forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm not sure he cheats at Ole Miss because I don't think he locked into staying there.

Much like Mullen at MSU, when good coaches aren't "all in" at a school, they play it clean & win enough to get out.

I think you've got to have a Freeze type that is "all in" to get a guy that will cheat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    They probably beat us this year. I think our D will do a decent job, but they are going to probably score at least 28. Not sure what this particular year tells of the future for either team to be honest, but they have to feel decent about at least their offense going forward.
    I'm going to base my opinion off what team shows better improvement next year after a full recruiting class & a Spring. I think that is much more indicative of each coach's real abilities.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    They were running a pure option offense last year. It was basically the veer with Plumlee at QB.

They changed their offense completely.
    On the fly due to Coral getting hurt and Plumlee not being able to hit the broad side of a barn. That offense wasn't their plan - they threw it about 30 times a game before Corral was hurt. Saturday was the first OM game I'd watched this year, and their offense really hasn't changed very much since Hugh was hired - pass a good bit with some read option and some running.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Jesus some of you have such maroon colored glasses that you can?t watch football objectively.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I look at results in the field. They are really the only results that matter. History is the past.

ETA: everyone is dealing with the pandemic not just State. We put 200 yards up against Vanderbilt. Leach is toast in the SEC unless he adapts...which he won?t.
    Why is everybody so certain Leach won't adapt? He's been successful everywhere he's been. The only team that consistently beat him had a massive talent advantage over him. I find it hard to believe that he's just going to give up rather than adapt if we don't show any improvement next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Why is everybody so certain Leach won't adapt? He's been successful everywhere he's been. The only team that consistently beat him had a massive talent advantage over him. I find it hard to believe that he's just going to give up rather than adapt if we don't show any improvement next year.
    Well we aren't, but jimmy lake saying he knew leach wouldn't adapt which made it easy to shut him down is pretty damning. I would love for leach to show he isn't that stubborn though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trojandawg View Post
    Jesus some of you have such maroon colored glasses that you can?t watch football objectively.
    so true. It's crazy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    It always catches up eventually. See our team now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Yeah I am. We all should be.

I was just looking to see what could go wrong for them. Their 4th down conversion % is changing the games
    You shouldn't be scared if you've been paying attention you knew what was about to happen. It's going to be a blowout! Kiffin is about to stamp his name in Oxford.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    They will probably double 28 points on us. Vandy about scored 28 against us.

vCash
    Here’s the thing. If Leach were to walk in the Egg bowl wk and tell The team, we are going to run the ball every play and run a read option or power run game, we beat Ole Miss. if we throw the ball 60 times, we will get torched. Plain and simple. Our weak spot is the secondary and we have to play clock management and hold the ball longer to keep
    It out of their hands. Literally the same damn game plan since Mullen was here.

Ole Miss couldn’t stop USC and then Boom stopped running it and started passing it for
    Some reason. They were averaging 8 ypc!

We have the team to breath them, but doubt we will. It will be up to Leach if this game means enough to flip the script for it or not. I doubt he cares, and we will throw the piss out of it...

vCash
    Gun I always appreciate and look forward to your post. But om usually play their best or have their best hit man game face on facing the DOGS. Their offense has serious playmakers. I truly hope the DOGS defense can make it semi close, but this team has me hoping for not an embarrassment.....

vCash
    Maybe. But at no point this year has my take away been our defense is bad

vCash
    And how many Defensive players did we have out due to Covid?