Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Unsustainable Part of Ole Miss' Offense

vCash
    Ole Miss will play their beat defensive game of the year against State. And they will have their usual offensive game. Even so, after they go 4-4 after beating State, they will end up 4-6 assuming the other games are played and State will end up 3-7 assuming the other games are played. Not a lot difference except for the EGG Game Score.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Why is everybody so certain Leach won't adapt? He's been successful everywhere he's been. The only team that consistently beat him had a massive talent advantage over him. I find it hard to believe that he's just going to give up rather than adapt if we don't show any improvement next year.
    If leach was willing to adapt, we wouldn't have had 200 yards of offense against Vanderbilt. Just dealing in facts here. So it's going to take a moment of epiphany at this point.

vCash
    I have zero confidence in us not getting embarrassed in this game, tbh. Hope I'm wrong though. I see our D playing well to start, but since our O can't score or sustain drives, eventually it will lead to OM going in dry on us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    If leach was willing to adapt, we wouldn't have had 200 yards of offense against Vanderbilt. Just dealing in facts here. So it's going to take a moment of epiphany at this point.
    How do you adapt when your entire offensive line is wiped out by COVID? I'd estimate that cost us at least one score against Vanderbilt. I felt pretty bad for Brandon Cunningham.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Not changing your offense before you've even implemented it successfully is a little different from not changing your offense after you've had a full year with it and still can't execute.

Not saying Leach shouldn't have made some adjustments for this year, but believing this year is better spent trying to learn his offense the way it's been successful for the past 15 years is not the same thing as spending three years scoring 12 points a game while not trying to adjust.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I have zero confidence in us not getting embarrassed in this game, tbh. Hope I'm wrong though. I see our D playing well to start, but since our O can't score or sustain drives, eventually it will lead to OM going in dry on us.
    My thoughts exactly. It will not be pretty in any shape, form or fashion.

2nd Half Playcaller
    vCash
    Yall can down play them all day long but the truth remains, Kiffin has them headed in the right direction and they are gonna smoke us. I wish we had kiffin, i honestly believe the only loss we would have right now is alabama. Its a damn shame what we are doing to our team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyripms View Post
    Yall can down play them all day long but the truth remains, Kiffin has them headed in the right direction and they are gonna smoke us. I wish we had kiffin, i honestly believe the only loss we would have right now is alabama. Its a damn shame what we are doing to our team.
    Kiffen looks really good so far. No doubt about that. But isn't their recruiting looking awful right now? And supposedly Kiffen is going to try to bring in like 10 transfers? That seems to likely end up disastrous if they are going to count against the 25 man limit.

As long as he recruits at least well enough to replace his current players, which will allow him to continue to show that he can win if he gets the players, he is looking like a really good hire for them. And while everybody is talking about him leaving if he's successful, I'm not sure he's going to get one of the, what, maybe 10 or 12 jobs that are worth leaving MSU or Ole Miss for without showing some sustained success over at least a 3 or 4 year period, which is all you can really ask for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Kiffen looks really good so far. No doubt about that. But isn't their recruiting looking awful right now? And supposedly Kiffen is going to try to bring in like 10 transfers? That seems to likely end up disastrous if they are going to count against the 25 man limit.

As long as he recruits at least well enough to replace his current players, which will allow him to continue to show that he can win if he gets the players, he is looking like a really good hire for them. And while everybody is talking about him leaving if he's successful, I'm not sure he's going to get one of the, what, maybe 10 or 12 jobs that are worth leaving MSU or Ole Miss for without showing some sustained success over at least a 3 or 4 year period, which is all you can really ask for.
    I think it may be a solid strategy this year taking on transfers since everyone gets another year (think that's right). You could get some really solid guys to add in key spots on offense and try to fix defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    At this point I?m saying Kiffin is a superior coach to Leach. We got bamboozled. Again.
    At this point I am saying you know nothing about football.

Kiffin will leave them in no better shape than Freeze did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think it may be a solid strategy this year taking on transfers since everyone gets another year (think that's right). You could get some really solid guys to add in key spots on offense and try to fix defense.
    This board is going to melt when he picks some of our guys who have left.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    This board is going to melt when he picks some of our guys who have left.
    Man, we melting regardless

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Yea, if he gets a lot of immediately eligible sophomores and juniors rather than seniors, those probably are more valuable than high school recruits as you presumably have a better idea of whether they will at least contribute something. I was thinking of grad transfers or people having to sit out a year, but I guess having to sit out a year isn't going to really impact people going forward.

vCash
    We're going to get killed for the next 2-3 years if Kiffin stays. It's that simple. Maybe by year 4 we'll have enough of Leach's guys to outscore them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    We're going to get killed for the next 2-3 years if Kiffin stays. It's that simple. Maybe by year 4 we'll have enough of Leach's guys to outscore them.
    This is very short sighted & not reality.

The reality is Ole Miss is about to lose Moore & Yaboah, which will hurt & both Corral & Ealy will go pro after next season. That's most of their fire power & they aren't replacing it with anything close to that.

Secondly, our offense will already get better & our defense is already better than their by about the amount their offense is better than ours.

Complete overreaction to think this. My guess is by next season, it's a pretty close game.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    Gun I always appreciate and look forward to your post. But om usually play their best or have their best hit man game face on facing the DOGS. Their offense has serious playmakers. I truly hope the DOGS defense can make it semi close, but this team has me hoping for not an embarrassment.....
    1. Sometimes they play well against us & sometimes they don't. They usually play about average and on average we've been better over the past decade as evidenced by our winning record against them.

2. I wasn't downing them. I was just pointing out that their non-triple option offense isn't likely to continue converting 4th downs at almost a 70% clip.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More