Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corral and Moore for OM

vCash

Corral and Moore for OM

Both recruits they normally don?t get.

Moore was dropped by GA I?m guessing because of off the field concerns like the one that cost them the egg now last year. Whether he?s shaped up or they are just ignoring it, you can?t argue with the production.

Corral was similar in that most name programs totally backed off because of issues, which you show hints of last year. But he?s been lights out almost all year.

Programs like State and OM have to take chances on talent sometimes - they?ve probably hit on more than we have but it?s unsustainable because you eventually end up with something like Jackie?s last teams or a Sidney situation. But there is no doubt their is serious offensive production and coaching envy on our side right now.

Especially since our big names completely bombed out

vCash
    I'm not certain why Corral isn't a 1st round pick.

What else does he got to do?

He's way more talented that Trask & Mac Jones
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Barry Odom confused Corral and Leach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Barry Odom confused Corral and Leach
    Let's go get him
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

He has struggled against zone, when having to make decisions against coverage. 6 picks vs ark's drop 8. Pick first drive against auburn zone. Why you play man against him and OM is beyond me. Stupid.

vCash
    I think Odom is a better DC than HC but that?s OK.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

He has a heck of a lot of negative history to overcome. Ole Miss is almost the only D1 program he would be allowed to play for. I'm actually surprised THEY allow it, and that says a lot. It says more about Ole Miss than anybody.

vCash
    Corral just looked great against a depleted SC defense and Vandy but he threw 6 picks against Arky and looked bad against a mediocre Auburn defense the two games before. He's obviously talented but he has not played that well against good defenses.

vCash
    If you can get a little pressure on Corral, he'll make some bad decisions. That's something USCe couldn't do tonight. He had all day to throw.

We should be able to generate some pressure, so I think we can slow them down, but none of it will matter because our offense is like watching a one-legged midget army crawl through quicksand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    Corral just looked great against a depleted SC defense and Vandy but he threw 6 picks against Arky and looked bad against a mediocre Auburn defense the two games before. He's obviously talented but he has not played that well against good defenses.
    He's played 7 sec games, and he's been over 200 passer rating in 5 of them (Florida, Kentucky, Bama, vandy, and SC). Bama and Kentucky shut us out offensively... corral and OM put up 90 on those 2.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Corral is going to beat the shit out of us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    He has a heck of a lot of negative history to overcome. Ole Miss is almost the only D1 program he would be allowed to play for. I'm actually surprised THEY allow it, and that says a lot. It says more about Ole Miss than anybody.
    What I don't understand is how it seems like they always get players with these character issues and it works out beautifully for them while we get Renardo Sidney and the entire program spirals out of control. They did it with Kelly, Nkemdiche, and Marshall Henderson among others.

vCash
    I'm less worried about how "sustainable" OM's offensive talent is than I am about actually getting some offensive talent to State in the first place. Tired of 204 yards vs bad teams, we need talent NOW or it'll be more than just this and next year down the drain

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    He's played 7 sec games, and he's been over 200 passer rating in 5 of them (Florida, Kentucky, Bama, vandy, and SC). Bama and Kentucky shut us out offensively... corral and OM put up 90 on those 2.
    I wasn't comparing him to us. That's your gig.

vCash
    I wasn't comparing him to us. That's your gig.
    Throw out last sentence then. 5 200+ passer rating games in the sec is sick. Joe burrow had 5 last year also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    What I don't understand is how it seems like they always get players with these character issues and it works out beautifully for them while we get Renardo Sidney and the entire program spirals out of control. They did it with Kelly, Nkemdiche, and Marshall Henderson among others.
    It's because they don't care. Corral is the essence of "Ole Miss". He represents everything Ole Miss IS. Sidney is a choirboy compared to Corral. It's not even a fair comparison because Sidney's issues were not of the same type. Corral is lucky he isn't in San Quentin. Sidney was just fat and lazy. He wasn't a borderline criminal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Seriously the common narrative is that if you bring in character issues you either 1) get toxic cancer in the locker room (Fabian Lovett, Jarian Jones etc), or 2) wind up with a spoiled group of players with no discipline ala what JoMo gave us.

But at OM they take the worst of the worst, never discipline them, never kick them off, never have locker room drama, and always get the best athletically from the problem players. I don't get how they do it

vCash
    Throw out last sentence then. 5 200+ passer rating games in the sec is sick. Joe burrow had 5 last year also.
    So he's comparable to Burrow? You're on the record with that?

vCash
    So he's comparable to Burrow? You're on the record with that?
    Just looking at stats. Corral has been outstanding, and to say otherwise is just being foolish. Do I think corral is as good as burrow though? No, but who knows what corral looks like with joe Brady coaching him and Marshall, Jefferson, chase, and CEH around him?

vCash
    Just looking at stats. Corral has been outstanding, and to say otherwise is just being foolish. Do I think corral is as good as burrow though? No, but who knows what corral looks like with joe Brady coaching him and Marshall, Jefferson, chase, and CEH around him?
    I said he was talented. He also has thrown 6 picks in a game this year. Both are true statements. You are cherry picking to argue.