Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dan Mullen is the best

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    You are correct. Love him for what he did here. Hate him for not wanting to stay and build something.
    We had a very vocal slim minority that wanted him gone. This is FACT. They got what they wanted. I hope they are happy. I'm not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    I mean if you need any proof of how good Mullen was for us, look at where we were three years ago when he was still here and where we are now. We much more closely resemble the Croom era than the Mullen era right now. Perhaps things improve, but we clearly got worse as a program the day Mullen left.
    Absolutely. The evidence is not contestable.

vCash
    Dan is the man! He always has and will be. We get the benefit to cheer for Mullen. We'd be no worse than all the Bama homers with no affiliation. I'll pull for him weekly except if he ever plays the dogs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Yes, it did.
    Mullen only planned to be at MSU about 3 or 4 years. He kept looking for other jobs and lost interest in his job at MSU in the 2nd half of the season. He could have got a huge step-up in 2014, but his fear of Saban showed up and he played not to lose in the 2nd half of that game and blew it. He gave up at that point, He could have blown Ole Miss up if he had tried.
    He didn't want to be here and I'm glad he's gone. He will continue to blow the big games, look at the aTm game. 17 Mullen.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Absolutely. The evidence is not contestable.
    You know so little about things

Mullen wanted out long before 2017. He had three jobs locked up before they fell through at the last second. Miami, Maryland in 15 UT in
    17. Then UF opened up. Don't blame this on a vocal minority. You look dumb with your comments. Trust me I know LC well and he has good sources.

vCash
    Half ass Mullen is way better than what is going on now. He had very little discipline problems, we won many games which has never happen in most of our lifetimes.
    I'm just not mad IF he wanted out of StarkVegas, I've held a job before where I didn't want to be nor did I like it. Fact is I looked around before I got what I wanted and needed, tell you never did this? LOL

Going back to the Gators, their offense is as good as any in the country, playmakers all over the place. Trask just seems to be getting better every game, extremely accurate who doesn't make many mistakes. In comparing him to Jones or Corral, he isn't as athleted but he is the better QB.

Dan's play calling is as good as it gets. Hope they win the Sec, I just don't hate Dan, I wasn't crazy how things ended but it's what happens a lot of times in sports or job changing.

P.S. Kiffen > Leach, JMO!

vCash
    Mullen always had a ceiling at MSU. He now is somewhere that does most of the heavy lifting in recruiting so he can concentrate on what he is good at. MSU needs someone that can recruit well and develop. I thought Napier was a good fit but that didn't work out.

Edited to add : Mullen not being 100% in November pissed me off but not enough to want him gone. I did hear from high up Maryland alum that he was locked up before he tried to get the Miami job. He was leaving at some point no matter what. He had one foot out the door since 2014.
    Last edited by Tbonewannabe; 11-15-2020 at 11:11 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    You know so little about things

Mullen wanted out long before 2017. He had three jobs locked up before they fell through at the last second. Miami, Maryland in 15 UT in
    17. Then UF opened up. Don't blame this on a vocal minority. You look dumb with your comments. Trust me I know LC well and he has good sources.
    Don't forget, that was the second time he tried to get the Miami job - he interviewed for it after 2010. That's where the "Dan Mullen believes he invented football" quote came from by someone associated with Miami (maybe Ast. AD?). And that's not the only job he was rumored for that year. Fact is Dan never intended to stay long and was going to use us as a stepping stone. It just took him longer than he thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Don't forget, that was the second time he tried to get the Miami job - he interviewed for it after 2010. That's where the "Dan Mullen believes he invented football" quote came from by someone associated with Miami (maybe Ast. AD?). And that's not the only job he was rumored for that year. Fact is Dan never intended to stay long and was going to use us as a stepping stone. It just took him longer than he thought.
    Dan had the Miami if he wanted it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Dan had the Miami if he wanted it.
    If I'm not mistaken, they were either on probation or under investigation for the Shapiro stuff which probably kept him away. Point is still true that he was out looking after year 2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, they were either on probation or under investigation for the Shapiro stuff which probably kept him away. Point is still true that he was out looking after year 2.
    He had it then Richt left GA and Miami pulled the offer off the table

vCash
    Laughable. And a prime reason he left.
    Laughable what? Mullen already thought he was bigger than our program before the time he left.

vCash
    If he coaches like he did in the years he truly SHOULD have beaten Bama here he will win.....but probably will freeze and go conservative. If he does win , it will be because he learned and went for it when he should have.....we shall see. The truth is he should have at LEAST three wins over Bama on his resume from his time with the DOGS......It’s a shame because he put the DOGS in a position to win....
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 11-16-2020 at 08:25 PM.

vCash
    Mullen left us, he had no intention of staying as long as he did. State was always a stepping stone and he started actively searching when he thought he had built a resume' to get him out.

That's way he left, no one at State ran him off in any way. He did not believe in State and it's that simple. That's why he is gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    Mullen left us, he had no intention of staying as long as he did. State was always a stepping stone and he started actively searching when he thought he had built a resume' to get him out.

That's way he left, no one at State ran him off in any way. He did not believe in State and it's that simple. That's why he is gone.
    This is the most factual post in this thread.

Threads like this are so embarrassing and just amplify the poor ol mittittippi tate attitude. I have a buddy that's a Florida fan. He gives me crap every time he reads stuff like this or hears a State fan talking about how great Mullen is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    This is the most factual post in this thread.

Threads like this are so embarrassing and just amplify the poor ol mittittippi tate attitude. I have a buddy that's a Florida fan. He gives me crap every time he reads stuff like this or hears a State fan talking about how great Mullen is.
    Well, it's relative. Mullen was absolutely "great" here. What's great here isn't even good in other places

vCash
    The fact is that Dan likely got us to the highest point we will ever get to in football. You can argue Jackie taking us to the SEC Championship too, but that was a different time. We are now reverting back to the mean. People get so upset about Dan because they know all of this to be fact. They would take him back in a heartbeat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    The fact is that Dan likely got us to the highest point we will ever get to in football. You can argue Jackie taking us to the SEC Championship too, but that was a different time. We are now reverting back to the mean. People get so upset about Dan because they know all of this to be fact. They would take him back in a heartbeat.
    No doubt

vCash
    ....football coach State has ever had or will have in the future. He takes the players he has and adapts a "system" to fit their talents and puts them in a position to win. He is also one helluva QB developer. That is all.

vCash
    Florida football program > Msu football program.

Has been a sleeping "blue blood program" until SS woke them up and it sure looks like DM has them on the rise.

I'd take a Coach who can take us to bowls regularly like DM even if they use Msu as stepping stone! To think Coaches are so loyal to a school and wouldn't jump to another program is pretty insane. There are probably less than a dozen Coaches that are so called "Loyal".

We aren't a blue blood and we will never be a blue blood, for those who disagree, well wake me up when we become Alabama or Ohio State type program. Ain't happening.

Btw, we can win so don't shoot the message! Our history approves this message along with a few other Sec schools.

Like I've stated many times, We Are A Baseball School!