Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Games around country thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    NFL is just a better game. Teams execute at a much higher level obviously. Then most games are closely contested.
    I agree, but that's always been the case. College just seems like a really bad product this year

vCash
    So who is Colorado's coach? He may be a guy to watch. They've been impressive this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I agree, but that's always been the case. College just seems like a really bad product this year
    Without Spring and with some many players opting out, it makes sense.

Along with the lack of practice time, I think the lack of Spring, Zoom meetings, & players being at home really took it's toll on team building & players & staff bonding. Just a bad product this year that in all honesty the records should maybe be throw out.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    the USC Arizona game is good.

20-20 in the 4th.

USC is blah.

vCash
    So who is Colorado's coach? He may be a guy to watch. They've been impressive this year
    He was UCLAs coach in the mid 2000s. Decent but nothing special

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    How many straight bowl games did each of those programs have?
    This is our 3rd losing season in 5 years. The outstanding juco class saved us from having more than that but they also put us where we are currently because we have zero upperclassmen left.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    This is our 3rd losing season in 5 years. The outstanding juco class saved us from having more than that but they also put us where we are currently because we have zero upperclassmen left.
    2nd imo.

Mullen getting a bowl in 2016 was welfare. Moorhead won the 6 to get a bowl.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    2nd imo.

Mullen getting a bowl in 2016 was welfare. Moorhead won the 6 to get a bowl.
    We finished 6-7. That’s a losing season. Going to a bowl game doesn’t mean we had a winning season. I will be the first to admit that I thought we would be better offensively this year but it is pretty obvious that Leach did not inherit anything offensively that fits what he needs to be a competent offense.
    Last edited by Jarius; 11-14-2020 at 06:46 PM.

vCash
    We finished 6-7. That?s a losing season. Going to a bowl game doesn?t mean we had a winning season.
    Fine, well some are more of a loser than others. We won't be losing a bowl this year.

ETA... to be fair, this is a 10-game sec schedule vs 8 in those years. Maybe leach would've ran the OOC schedule for 4 more wins (doubtful, NC state), but he wouldn't have got vandy in normal season.
    Last edited by msstate7; 11-14-2020 at 06:49 PM.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    The goal is to not just settle for a season that is less of a loser than the previous, which is why Leach is here to start with. If last year wasn’t shitty, he would not be here. Just because we think he should adjust until he gets his people in here to run his offense doesn’t mean it’s not going to work like it always has once he does.

vCash
    The goal is to not just settle for a season that is less of a loser than the previous, which is why Leach is here to start with. If last year wasn?t shitty, he would not be here. Just because we think he should adjust until he gets his people in here to run his offense doesn?t mean it?s not going to work like it always has once he does.
    I was thrilled with the leach hire. After the LSU game, I felt like I was justified in my excitement. I'm worried though now bc I'm seeing improvement. Hopefully you guys are right, and leach is a mastermind working with a buncha of no-talented crackheads (ok, druggies according to gun). I think there's a crap load of blame to place on leach's shoulders too though

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    I was thrilled with the leach hire. After the LSU game, I felt like I was justified in my excitement. I'm worried though now bc I'm seeing improvement. Hopefully you guys are right, and leach is a mastermind working with a buncha of no-talented crackheads (ok, druggies according to gun). I think there's a crap load of blame to place on leach's shoulders too though
    I don’t think he’s working with guys with zero talent. I just don’t think a lot of our offensive linemen are built to play in this offense. I also don’t think we have a bunch of crack heads. If he is awful next year on offense and shows no improvement I will also be worried but I don’t expect to see that.
    Last edited by Jarius; 11-14-2020 at 07:06 PM.

vCash
    Well Vandy made a game of it. 38-35, 407 yards of O for Vandy. Theri OC deserves a raise for doing what he's doing with this talent deficit. I really really hope they beat TN this year

vCash
    It ticks me off how much more passion Mullen coaches with at Florida compared to MSU. He's way more intense.

I'll always contend that we only got about 60% of him.

vCash
    Do we want to do the Ole Miss game thread here or start a new thread?

vCash
    I have no idea what we got from JoMo for 2 years. Absolutely no idea

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Do we want to do the Ole Miss game thread here or start a new thread?
    You decide buddy.

I'll be interested if we can score vs the terrible OM defense

vCash
    Could be Oregon is much more talented than all but usc in the pac12. Could be Moorhead is a good OC, but had HC. There are plenty of examples of guys that can't make the jump from cood to HC
    That has to be the situation & man to man, single coverage SEC defenses screwed his world up.

It'll be interesting to see how JoMo does with a 2nd head coaching shot. It'll come at Oregon State or some place like that, but he may change his discipline style & do well.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    You decide buddy.

I'll be interested if we can score vs the terrible OM defense
    It’s going to be a 2008 level beat down. Their defense is improving.