Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is Tulu Not Playing?

vCash

Why is Tulu Not Playing?

It was obvious on kick return he has explosiveness. Was close to breaking that return.

Is he just struggling to pick up the wr concepts?

vCash
    Too fast to play in the SEC

vCash

After seeing the return

I've been wondering this myself. Dude can fly.

vCash
    If he can't run the routes, he doesn't line up at receiver. That's got to be it. Leach won't play a half-ass route runner. It's not just about speed.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    If he can't run the routes, he doesn't line up at receiver. That's got to be it. Leach won't play a half-ass route runner. It's not just about speed.
    Considering we do not have speed and Javonte has disappeared, maybe we should give shitty route runners a shot. Couldn't hurt.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    None of our receivers run good routes..... put tulu in the game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    It was obvious on kick return he has explosiveness. Was close to breaking that return.

Is he just struggling to pick up the wr concepts?
    Considering he tried to return a kick after signaling fair catch, I think it's reasonable to think maybe he's struggling to pick up the WR concepts.

I mean, we started an ex-TE at Z on Saturday. We're desperate for receivers. I'm sure the staff would play him if he was ready to be out there.

vCash
    If he can run two routes, the WR screen and the Go Route... he needs to play.

vCash
    Hard to break into the lineup with the crisp route runners we have out there.

vCash
    We have the worst WR group in the league by far. And its been that way for a while. No one our team is a dynamic playmaker that can make people miss. I'm not sure that Tulu has that capability or not but the bar is set really really low within his position group. If he can't get on the field among this group, on a free eligibility year, then that speaks volumes going forward.

We desperately need to hit the WR recruiting trail/transfer portal full blast. Knox and Nabers aren't impact players, they will need a couple of years at least. Better than what we have currently but we need about 3 to 4 more just like them or better if we want this offense to work.

vCash
    I think Walley looks really good. He's got great size, speed, and quickness for a true freshman. I think once he gets a year or two in the system he's going to be hard to stop. Seems like if Tulu can grasp the offense he's got a chance to be a poor man's Jaylen Waddle.

vCash
    Tell him to consult with Aj Brown about OM's "get open" route. Seemed to work well for them.

vCash
    It's not that hard to have a 3-4 play package for they guy. A jet sweep, screen, vertical. Something. This is where leach is pissing me off. It's not okay to just say, well we have to learn the system. Get your playmakers the ball.

Walley played qb in high school and ran all over the place. Motion him back there and direct snap it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    We have the worst WR group in the league by far. And its been that way for a while. No one our team is a dynamic playmaker that can make people miss.
    Not even close to being true.

vCash
    I do think making an impact as a freshman is a big predictor for how good someone is going to end up being while they are here. Our best wideouts in recent memory all made an impact as soon as they got here. Bumphis, Bear Wilson, Fred Ross. That's why I'm optimistic Walley can be a beast. But as mentioned by confucius, he can be a huge weapon for us with his QB experience if we want to implement that for the next 4 years.

vCash
    Ross needed a year to make an impact. I don't understand why Tulu is at outside receiver and not slot. And then I would move Payton outside and bench Osiris.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    bench Osiris.
    Bench Osiris? The guy that scored our only receiving touchdown Saturday?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Bench Osiris? The guy that scored our only receiving touchdown Saturday?
    How many has he dropped or had taken away from his bitch-ass?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg989 View Post
    How many has he dropped or had taken away from his bitch-ass?
    How many touchdowns has he scored?

vCash
    Threads like this kill me. So from your desk you are telling our coaches who to play? It's amazing. Y'all act like they aren't at practice and better yet don't want to win. I have no idea why tulu isn't playing. But it's not like we have a problem playing a tr fr at receiver it can't be that. Clearly it's not coming from our hc not try new people considering how many OL we've played and started in previous games. And yes, before someone says it, practice matters!! Now if you have two guys equal or close at practice then the game performance would be more important. I digress ....