Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women's Basketball Commit (Denae Carter)

vCash

Women's Basketball Commit (Denae Carter)

Denae Carter commits to Miss. State (Women's Basketball)

She's listed as
    - Class 2021
    - 6 ft wing
    - Saint Basil Academy, Fox Chase Manor, PA

Very explosive scorer, athletic, quick, and lots of natural ability, basketball instincts, shooting capability extends out to 3 point in videos. Also, a noted rebounder. Her videos appear very impressive. Appears to be a late bloomer.

Again, don't let the lack of ranking mislead you with this kid....my opinion, she's a baller, appears high level talent (Note...Covid 19 pandemic, including lockdowns, cancellations, limitations of sporting activities, ect..has greatly affected off-season recruiting evaluations)
    Last edited by jdelta02; 11-11-2020 at 11:35 PM.

vCash
    Thanks
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    We are going to miss Vic terribly. Actually, we already are.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    She better step her tail up in recruiting Vic set a standard here that anything less wont be tolerated by our Women's BB fans. I am afraid she just doesn't have the IT factor in recruiting. Beating out and getting recruits against Old Dominion just isn't going to fly. She is lucky Madison Hayes came here! Thank Vic for that one.

vCash
    Way too early to be judging and let’s not forget that Vic wasn’t exactly bringing in South Carolina classes.

He got Rickea but he whiffed on bigs last year and ended up having something weird go on with Martinez that ended up at WV.

We can judge her after the 2022 class

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    She better step her tail up in recruiting Vic set a standard here that anything less wont be tolerated by our Women's BB fans. I am afraid she just doesn't have the IT factor in recruiting. Beating out and getting recruits against Old Dominion just isn't going to fly. She is lucky Madison Hayes came here! Thank Vic for that one.
    I'm not going to judge her off of this one recruit, but womens basketball seems to be the sport with the least amount of parity. And the coach is always the difference maker.

vCash
    It took Vic a while to get big players. Don't forget that Vivians and McCowan were not top 10-15 type players out of high school, either. This is just one recruit. I know she has landed others in the top 100. I think starting in the 2022 class you will see bigger recruits come.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    It took Vic a while to get big players. Don't forget that Vivians and McCowan were not top 10-15 type players out of high school, either. This is just one recruit. I know she has landed others in the top 100. I think starting in the 2022 class you will see bigger recruits come.
    Just looked up both. Vivians was 24 overall, McCowan 45 overall.

vCash
    This is the game that pretty much put her on the radar. She had 38 pts, 12 rebounds, and 4 blocks in a head to head playoff matchup against ESPN class of 2020, #6 rated player overall Diamond Johnson (Rutgers signee) and her team. D. Johnson had 36 in the game. Denae kept her team in the game, though a close loss. Also, she had 28 points in her league's 2020 championship game, and named league MVP. All of this happened a little before the Covid 19 Pandemic really set in.

https://vc.hudl.com/p-highlights/Use...DAF3B763C2D708

My opinion, not many knew about this kid until her state playoff games earlier this year (end of her junior season). Especially this game. Her videos....she more than passes the eye test. Definitely potential.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 11-11-2020 at 07:10 AM.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Exactly!
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    I think you guys are fantasizing Vic’s recruiting because of how great of a developer and X and O coach he was. Rickea was his first really big pull. Madison Hayes was a top 25 player. Vivians was 24th. Outside of that we never really recruited anyone that was a top prospect.

vCash
    I think you guys are fantasizing Vic’s recruiting because of how great of a developer and X and O coach he was. Rickea was his first really big pull. Madison Hayes was a top 25 player. Vivians was 24th. Outside of that we never really recruited anyone that was a top prospect.
    Carter committed to Mississippi State, choosing the Bulldogs over five other finalists. A 6-foot-5 center, Carter is a five-star prospect according to ESPN with a scout’s grade of 96.

Aliyah Matharu 28th ranked point guard in the nation 5 star

Mingo-Young, a 2019 guard from Loranger (La.), became Mississippi State’s third commit on Tuesday. ESPN has Young ranked 5 star as the No. 39 player in the country and that number would’ve likely been better had she not endured two major knee surgeries.

Olive Branch's Myah Taylor (2017) #49 5 Star

Shall i go on....take that shit somewhere else!
    Last edited by 99jc; 11-11-2020 at 02:13 PM.

vCash
    Carter has offers from St Joseph's, Richmond, Virginia Tech, Hofstra, Loyola, Temple and Villanova. Not just Old Dominion.
    Also, Coach McCray-Penson also has commitments from:
    KN'isha Godfrey, ranked #40 nationally (#12 PG).
    Mia Moore, ranked #87 (#22 PG).
    Jasmine Shavers, #17 Guard with offers from Texas Tech, Tennessee, Rutgers, Northwestern, UNC, UK and Arizona.
    This class thus far is on par with what MSU has obtained in recent history. Sure, we had a couple of stars like Rickea, and those will arrive too.

Your harsh judgment of her recruiting performance is not justified.

vCash
    One thing most forget is that every starter and at least a couple key backups from this year's team, which is ranked No. 6 preseason, will be back next year. If you are a high-profile 2021 recruit wanting significant early playing time, I can understand why you might look elsewhere.

vCash
    I think you guys are fantasizing Vic?s recruiting because of how great of a developer and X and O coach he was. Rickea was his first really big pull. Madison Hayes was a top 25 player. Vivians was 24th. Outside of that we never really recruited anyone that was a top prospect.
    My word, its totally apples and oranges. Vic had to recruit to a program for a number of years that had no tradition and was an also ran in WBB. HE built it up to where he could finally pull in Top 50-100 recruits pretty regularly. That is a lot different than a coach taking over and recruiting for a program that has been to 2 of the last 3 Women's championship games (since there wasn't one last year). We shouldn't even compare Vic's early recruiting to what NMP is doing now. Now the COVID environment is a new factor in all of this. I still don't know if you can have a true recruiting visit.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 11-11-2020 at 07:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    How 'bout letting the new HC actually get to coach a couple games before you throw her under the bus.

Nobody on this board knows how well she'll do including me but at least I'm willing to give her an chance.

Vic left us! I appreciate what he did but it's PAST tense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    My word, its totally apples and oranges. Vic had to recruit to a program for a number of years that had no tradition and was an also ran in WBB. HE built it up to where he could finally pull in Top 50-100 recruits pretty regularly. That is a lot different than a coach taking over and recruiting for a program that has been to 2 of the last 3 Women's championship games (since there wasn't one last year). We shouldn't even compare Vic's early recruiting to what NMP is doing now. Now the COVID environment is a new factor in all of this. I still don't know if you can have a true recruiting visit.
    As of today can't have one before April 15. Bs!!!! But that's the rules

vCash
    Read in an article on another Miss. State site where Denae indicated that she had been talking with South Carolina, and that they had been staying in contact with her. Also, been talking with, being contacted by Wisconsin, and Penn State.

I've been telling fans on this board that this kid is legit....rare find out of the unrated players, late bloomer. Also, Dawn Staley and her staff definitely know talent.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 11-12-2020 at 09:54 PM.

vCash
    The love affair with Vic is stupid. He won and we played for two National Championships while he was here. No one denies that, nor should his poor coaching and stubbornness leading to both losses be denied. He sat Victoria in the first because she wasn't feeding the post 100% of the time. That killed our momentum and killed our chance. In the second game, he blew a 16 point lead. Sorry, but he doesn't walk on water.

vCash
    She hasn't coached one game and yet here you are ragging on her recruiting. Maybe she looks at players who fit in her game more than stars. Damn, give it a rest.