Thread: Just cruising the channels this afternoon and caught the 2010 State/Upig game.....

vCash

Just cruising the channels this afternoon and caught the 2010 State/Upig game.....

Man, we were so physical and we countered them to death. We ultimately lost that game in OT (Vic fumbled at the goal). Just fun to watch some ?run it right at?em? football again. Looks like it?ll be a long time before we see that type of offense again. We ended up throttling Michigan in the gator bowl that year. Btw, Chris Relf may be the most improved player from the time he was a frosh til he was a senior as I?ve ever seen.
    Last edited by Saltydog; 11-09-2020 at 04:39 PM.

vCash
    del

vCash
    We were playing with a lot of emotion that night. Nick Bell had been honored on the field pregame and his mother had rang a cowbell at midfield as the stadium was having a moment of silence. Still get chills thinking about that moment. We were two plays away from 11-2 that year and about $25,000.00 away from a national championship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    We were playing with a lot of emotion that night. Nick Bell had been honored on the field pregame and his mother had rang a cowbell at midfield as the stadium was having a moment of silence. Still get chills thinking about that moment. We were two plays away from 11-2 that year and about $25,000.00 away from a national championship.
    We don't win the title with Newton that year. Just swapping him and Relf wouldn't have been enough to overcome the beat downs we took at LSU and at Bama.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    We don't win the title with Newton that year. Just swapping him and Relf wouldn't have been enough to overcome the beat downs we took at LSU and at Bama.
    Look at that Auburn roster and reconsider.

vCash
    Sugar Bowl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Man, we were so physical and we countered them to death. We ultimately lost that game in OT (Vic fumbled at the goal). Just fun to watch some ?run it right at?em? football again. Looks like it?ll be a long time before we see that type of offense again. We ended up throttling Michigan in the gator bowl that year. Btw, Chris Relf may be the most improved player from the time he was a frosh til he was a senior as I?ve ever seen.
    I hear you. The recent good ole days and JWS teams in the 90s a little older good ole days. There is something demoralizing about pounding the other team on the ground.

I loved the way Vic played. So bad he fumbled on that one play. One of the greatest efforts in a Bulldog uniform to get to the endzone. Vic turned it up a notch the closer he got to the endzone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    del
    Part of the cancel culture? Dude just posting some good memories, are we not allowed to have some?

vCash
    Incorrect. Newton was that transcendent.

If you put pen to paper and compare our roster to Auburn's, we had the more talented team. I mean, we almost beat the Auburn team with Cam. We lost both the LSU and Bama games by around 20 each. Cam Newton is well worth 20 points.

vCash
    https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...p/overall/2010

Check out the defensive stuff. State was #35, Auburn #44. If anything, we had the better D.

Then on O, but offenses had mediocre WRs, a good RB, and relied on dominant OLs with run first playcalling and a spread option scheme. Genuinely can't find the ways Auburns' offensive personnel was either better or fit Cam better than ours.

On ST, Auburn was #2 but we were #7 so that's pretty much a wash.

Those 2 teams were identical. Cam is probably the biggest freak of nature to ever play QB. Yes him vs Relf is that big of a deal

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Still top 3 best games I ever watched in Davis Wade. The crowd that game rivaled the crowd at the Auburn game in 2014. It was awesome.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Incorrect. Newton was that transcendent.

If you put pen to paper and compare our roster to Auburn's, we had the more talented team. I mean, we almost beat the Auburn team with Cam. We lost both the LSU and Bama games by around 20 each. Cam Newton is well worth 20 points.
    Agreed. We win the natty with Newton. He still goes #1 and gets the heisman. Dak comes along and the offense is still used to winning day 1 with him. May even get closer in 14 because of it.

Or....Mullen goes to Penn State that year and never goes back to UF.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Still top 3 best games I ever watched in Davis Wade. The crowd that game rivaled the crowd at the Auburn game in 2014. It was awesome.
    In terms of competitiveness the 2010 Arkansas game is my number one. Auburn 2014 was an awesome experience, but we were never in major jeopardy of losing. Jumped up 21-0 early and I don't recall Auburn ever posing a significant threat to tie or take the lead after that.

Unfortunately the three best games I've ever seen at DWS have all been losses: 2010 Arkansas, 2017 Alabama, 2009 LSU. Ugh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    In terms of competitiveness the 2010 Arkansas game is my number one. Auburn 2014 was an awesome experience, but we were never in major jeopardy of losing. Jumped up 21-0 early and I don't recall Auburn ever posing a significant threat to tie or take the lead after that.

Unfortunately the three best games I've ever seen at DWS have all been losses: 2010 Arkansas, 2017 Alabama, 2009 LSU. Ugh.
    In my experience, the best games are games that you are the underdog and make a go at it. That is why Bama games are boring as 17. When was the last time Bama fans got excited for a regular season game, its atmosphere, and buzz. Answer is sometime in 2005.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post

That 2010 Arky game is definitely #1 for me. I took my son who was 12 at the time, and we enjoyed the heck out of it(except the fact we lost). From Nick Bell's mother ringing the bell pregame until the end.

vCash
    3 years of Leach. If it doesn't work, we move on & hire Joe Judge, who should be close to being fired by the Giants by then.

I think he could be our Pete Carroll. I've watched the Giants a good bit this year & they are getting better and better, play hard & physical. It hasn't shown up in their wins/losses yet, but he's a good coach & would get MSU back to being ridiculously physical.

Hopefully Leach figure it out though
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More