Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this the same as "pounding sand?

vCash
    I do not get the least bit offended by these type of coach comments. It's weird to me. You can't be this thin skinned.

vCash
    We are on the verge of really not getting a good coach because of fans being impatient. Joe Moorhead was well respected in the coaching ranks. Leach is a winner everywhere he goes. If we continue to want to let coaches go because they are scrutinized by calling out impatient fans then we will only be able to get just okay coaches. I am more than fine with waiting to let Leach get his players and win big here. Some of y'all have the win now attitude way to much knowing we don't have the team to compete with Bama /UGA/Florida this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I do not get the least bit offended by these type of coach comments. It's weird to me. You can't be this thin skinned.
    This!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Who is being thin skinned? A power 5 HC can't handle a few fans well informed criticism? It is justified we are dead last in O. If Leach don't like it then do something about it besides attacking your fan base who is paying your salary. We've only said what the football experts have said as well. I think you got the wrong party being thin skinned.

Second point is who has followed MSU for 20, 30, 40 even 60 years? Not Leach so for him to tell those loyal fanbase to kiss off is a massive insult. I've never heard of a coach doing that and we've had two in a year do it. Unreal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Who is being thin skinned? A power 5 HC can't handle a few fans well informed criticism? It is justified we are dead last in O. If Leach don't like it then do something about it besides attacking your fan base who is paying your salary. We've only said what the football experts have said as well. I think you got the wrong party being thin skinned.

Second point is who has followed MSU for 20, 30, 40 even 60 years? Not Leach so for him to tell those loyal fanbase to kiss off is a massive insult. I've never heard of a coach doing that and we've had two in a year do it. Unreal.
    This is a great example of someone that can't take criticism.

Leach didn't "attack" the fan base. Good grief. Also he didn't randomly say the things he did either. He was asked what he thought about fans that basically weren't happy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post

Go sledge some parking stones.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fader21 View Post
    We are on the verge of really not getting a good coach because of fans being impatient. Joe Moorhead was well respected in the coaching ranks. Leach is a winner everywhere he goes. If we continue to want to let coaches go because they are scrutinized by calling out impatient fans then we will only be able to get just okay coaches. I am more than fine with waiting to let Leach get his players and win big here. Some of y'all have the win now attitude way to much knowing we don't have the team to compete with Bama /UGA/Florida this year
    It's also not a good look at all for us considering Joe's offense has looked good so far at Oregon. And yes, I know it's not "his" but he is installing it, coaching it, and making play calls out of it- and without question the RPO's are his. And on top of that Leach's offense worked at Texas Tech and Washington State- schools hardly comparable.

The crazy thing about some MSU fans- they'll get on a message board or Twitter and say "I know there will be a learning curve and adjustments" and then flip out when it isn't perfect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's also not a good look at all for us considering Joe's offense has looked good so far at Oregon. And yes, I know it's not "his" but he is installing it, coaching it, and making play calls out of it- and without question the RPO's are his. And on top of that Leach's offense worked at Texas Tech and Washington State- schools hardly comparable.

The crazy thing about some MSU fans- they'll get on a message board or Twitter and say "I know there will be a learning curve and adjustments" and then flip out when it isn't perfect.
    There is a major difference in perfect and the most incompetent offense in all of P5 football.

vCash

Yes!

I've wondered the same myself which is why I was very interested to watch Oregon play this past weekend. I'll continue to keep an eye on them as well for that reason. I don't think Barkley was the only reason Joe did well before at Penn St. Maybe he's just not HC material but on the other hand we have a proven commodity in Leach and I believe he's made it pretty clear our problem has been players that aren't committed. It's his record that gives me hope we will get better. If he didn't have that then I wouldn't be as patient.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    There is a major difference in perfect and the most incompetent offense in all of P5 football.
    There is also a major difference in perfect and impossible.

We have fans that just move the goal posts especially when they are proven wrong.

Jackie- "Well, we beat Alabama, Florida, etc. but I just can't look past that loss to ULM."
    Croom- "Well we beat Florida and Auburn but I just can't look past that loss to Maine."
    Dan- "Well, we beat LSU but I just can't look past that loss to South Alabama".
    Joe- "Well, we beat Auburn but I just can't look past that loss to Kentucky".

Our fans are the WORST at forgiving the coach. Do you ever hear Alabama fans say crap like that about Saban losing to ULM? Even this past week we had fans on here chomping at the bit- "If Leach loses to Vanderbilt he could lose the fanbase!"

Our fans act like we are supposed to be immune to having bad losses and those aren't acceptable and then in the same breath will say "Well, we're Mississippi State and it's just impossible to recruit well here." So which is it? Are we infallible or are we a small market SEC team? Whatever your opinion is we can't be both at the time same time.

As far as our team this year- we're in year one and game six while starting a freshman QB and an o-line ravaged by COVID. We all know about the culture issues under Joe. We all know about Dan's poor recruiting. Basically that's caught up to us and then add all of the weirdness and an all-SEC schedule and this is what you get. We're a developmental program starting mostly freshmen and sophomores on both sides of the ball- that's a recipe for a bad season for us. But what's crazy is AGAIN our fans will in the offseason say "I know it's going to be rough..." and then when it gets rough they get pissed off. That's why Leach is right- if you KNOW that this is a rebuild and get pissed off about it just follow someone else. You can always come back later when it's better and you can handle it better. There is nothing wrong with that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Yes!

I've wondered the same myself which is why I was very interested to watch Oregon play this past weekend. I'll continue to keep an eye on them as well for that reason. I don't think Barkley was the only reason Joe did well before at Penn St. Maybe he's just not HC material but on the other hand we have a proven commodity in Leach and I believe he's made it pretty clear our problem has been players that aren't committed. It's his record that gives me hope we will get better. If he didn't have that then I wouldn't be as patient.
    Joe will essentially be our Coach O I think. He will probably be hired by someone else in the PAC 12, Big 10, or ACC where his laid back style will work better and he will have the experience of being with us plus I think his offense will continue to evolve having been around Christobal. He will probably do OK too. Probably won't win a National Title unless he ends up at Penn State but let's be honest- his record on paper isn't bad unlike Coach O at the time before LSU hired him. And the culture issues could easily be written off as inexperience plus taking over a team of bad apples.

vCash
    There is also a major difference in perfect and impossible.

We have fans that just move the goal posts especially when they are proven wrong.

Jackie- "Well, we beat Alabama, Florida, etc. but I just can't look past that loss to ULM."
    Croom- "Well we beat Florida and Auburn but I just can't look past that loss to Maine."
    Dan- "Well, we beat LSU but I just can't look past that loss to South Alabama".
    Joe- "Well, we beat Auburn but I just can't look past that loss to Kentucky".

Our fans are the WORST at forgiving the coach. Do you ever hear Alabama fans say crap like that about Saban losing to ULM? Even this past week we had fans on here chomping at the bit- "If Leach loses to Vanderbilt he could lose the fanbase!"

Our fans act like we are supposed to be immune to having bad losses and those aren't acceptable and then in the same breath will say "Well, we're Mississippi State and it's just impossible to recruit well here." So which is it? Are we infallible or are we a small market SEC team? Whatever your opinion is we can't be both at the time same time.

As far as our team this year- we're in year one and game six while starting a freshman QB and an o-line ravaged by COVID. We all know about the culture issues under Joe. We all know about Dan's poor recruiting. Basically that's caught up to us and then add all of the weirdness and an all-SEC schedule and this is what you get. We're a developmental program starting mostly freshmen and sophomores on both sides of the ball- that's a recipe for a bad season for us. But what's crazy is AGAIN our fans will in the offseason say "I know it's going to be rough..." and then when it gets rough they get pissed off. That's why Leach is right- if you KNOW that this is a rebuild and get pissed off about it just follow someone else. You can always come back later when it's better and you can handle it better. There is nothing wrong with that.
    Yes. However, your point is well taken, Todd....

ya'll got an obstinate MFer as a HC.... and y'all are payin' that rat bastard a pile of money to be the HC.

and, while I don't dig on a "smoke & mirrors" type offense, y'all need to ride this mule 'til it flips over, hooves up...minimum 2 years (not counting 2020)...

that being said, all the bitchin' is warranted AND he needs to be a tad more deft in his commentary re: fanbase reaction.

JMO
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post

ya'll got an obstinate MFer as a HC.... and y'all are payin' that rat bastard a pile of money to be the HC.

and, while I don't dig on a "smoke & mirrors" type offense, y'all need to ride this mule 'til it flips over, hooves up...minimum 2 years (not counting 2020)...

that being said, all the bitchin' is warranted AND he needs to be a tad more deft in his commentary re: fanbase reaction.

JMO
    I feel like the bitching is misdirected. Leach didn't recruit to the point where there were massive holes forcing us to have to play young players. He also didn't cultivate Moorhead's poor culture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post

JMO
    Truth

vCash
    Regardless of whether Moorhead has the number 1 offense in the country or not, he still isn?t head coaching material. Typically, a person with his personality doesn?t have the natural ability to run a team full of 18-23 year old football players. That doesn?t mean that he isn?t smart or a good coordinator, I just don?t think he has the traits to be a head coach in the SEC due to this issue.

On the other hand, Leach doesn?t lack in that category and I doubt we will have to worry about a soft culture with Leach. My fear with Leach is his stubbornness and his flexibility to adapt. I have never been sold on this hire but we do have to see what happens next year before we completely flip out, but unfortunately my opinion hasn?t changed and I think we might be in for a rough 3 years after this one.

vCash

Perfect ??? .... we are only hoping for competitive enough to end this embarrassment
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    There is zero reason to accept incompetence in Year 1. We see the incompetence. It's not hidden. We dont have to accept that. Its plain and simple.

Year 1 with Jackie? We saw immediate progress
    Year 1 with Croom? We saw immediate incompetence
    Year 1 with Mullen? We saw immediate progress
    Year 1 with JoVester? We saw immediate incompetence
    Year 1 with Leach? Immediate incompetence
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    There is zero reason to accept incompetence in Year 1. We see the incompetence. It's not hidden. We dont have to accept that. Its plain and simple.

Year 1 with Jackie? We saw immediate progress
    Year 1 with Croom? We saw immediate incompetence
    Year 1 with Mullen? We saw immediate progress
    Year 1 with JoVester? We saw immediate incompetence
    Year 1 with Leach? Immediate incompetence
    Totally agree.

I guess people just refuse to see what is happening right in front of them and simply want something to be true so badly that they will ignore what is so obvious.

I remember feeling that way about Croom - I wanted him to work so badly here, but holy hell it just didn't. I hope we don't wait as long as we did with him. I know Leach is getting a 2nd year and probably a 3rd, but I sure hope he makes some changes, but I know Im just hoping against hope.

vCash
    Leach, unlike Croom and Moorhead is a proven winner as a head coach. That's a huge difference when compared to the other two career position coaches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    Perfect ??? .... we are only hoping for competitive enough to end this embarrassment
    "Perfect" meaning moving the goalposts when something goes well but still isn't good enough.