vCash

Never too early coaching carousel thread

Who you got on way out? I say...

Harbaugh back to nfl
    Franklin out at penn st
    Herman out at texas
    Boom out at South Carolina
    Mason out at vandy

If I'm right about Michigan, psu, and Texas, it will interesting to see who these blue bloods get. Will urban return?

vCash
    I wouldn't be surprised if Riley goes to nfl. That would be 4 blue bloods

vCash
    Why the hell would Herman be out at Texas?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Danko View Post
    Because they are nowhere near the level Texas fans expect in any respect? Why'd Michigan fire Harbaugh? Why'd PSU fire Franklin?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Danko View Post
    I think they lose another game (1 of Iowa st/ksu). This would be another disappointing season for him. Basically, just a feeling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Because they are nowhere near the level Texas fans expect in any respect? Why'd Michigan fire Harbaugh? Why'd PSU fire Franklin?
    Again, speculation...

Harbaugh bolts to nfl to keep from being fired. They're really bad this year.

Penn st is 0-3, and just got throttled by Maryland

vCash
    I think you nailed it. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dan Mullen try for a NFL job as well.

vCash
    Franklin and Harbaugh have zero excuses. These are 100% their guys, their culture, their coaching and they have the money and prestige to have their pick of up and coming coaches for coordinators. To not be good now is inexcusable.

compare it to us in '16: we were 4-7 heading into the egg bowl. Many wanted Mullen fired. Yet, we lost games to BYU and Kentucky because of missed sub 30 yard FGs, Mullen had just given us Dak and more sustained success than any coach in our history, AND we'd be really good if our DC hire had worked out. The only reason we had to hire a new DC was because we can't pay enough/don't have the prestige to keep DCs. Now, imagine if he had no DC excuse, and the program was below our historical level of play? He'd just have a bad FG kicker to blame. How much worse would the State outcry have been for his head? A lot of blue bloods (and Auburn) are in this position

I think all 3 of Harbaugh, Franklin, and Herman get fired. Well maybe just 2, I could see Franklin getting another year. Gus might get canned as well. Ironically if Mac Brown was 10 years younger Texas would probably give him an interview lol

Billy Napier and Hugh Freeze are about to be very desired, mark it down. Art Briles might get a HC job this year too. Maybe not at a blue blood, but at a desperate to win mid level P5 job? Sure

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Who you got on way out? I say...

Harbaugh back to nfl
    Franklin out at penn st
    Herman out at texas
    Boom out at South Carolina
    Mason out at vandy

If I'm right about Michigan, psu, and Texas, it will interesting to see who these blue bloods get. Will urban return?
    As far as Mason is concerned, it depends on if they are still afraid of him. The Vandy administration that is.

vCash
    Hugh Freeze will be the hottest name going this carousel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Franklin and Harbaugh have zero excuses. These are 100% their guys, their culture, their coaching and they have the money and prestige to have their pick of up and coming coaches for coordinators. To not be good now is inexcusable.

compare it to us in '16: we were 4-7 heading into the egg bowl. Many wanted Mullen fired. Yet, we lost games to BYU and Kentucky because of missed sub 30 yard FGs, Mullen had just given us Dak and more sustained success than any coach in our history, AND we'd be really good if our DC hire had worked out. The only reason we had to hire a new DC was because we can't pay enough/don't have the prestige to keep DCs. Now, imagine if he had no DC excuse, and the program was below our historical level of play? He'd just have a bad FG kicker to blame. How much worse would the State outcry have been for his head? A lot of blue bloods (and Auburn) are in this position

I think all 3 of Harbaugh, Franklin, and Herman get fired. Well maybe just 2, I could see Franklin getting another year. Gus might get canned as well. Ironically if Mac Brown was 10 years younger Texas would probably give him an interview lol

Billy Napier and Hugh Freeze are about to be very desired, mark it down. Art Briles might get a HC job this year too. Maybe not at a blue blood, but at a desperate to win mid level P5 job? Sure
    Gus is the one I'm very interested in. I think he's headed to 6-4 right now, but gus seems to always pull out just enough to save himself. Last 2 for auburn are Bama and aTm... he has to have 1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think you nailed it. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dan Mullen try for a NFL job as well.
    I beat if Franklin gets fired, Mullen will be offered that job. Will he go, possibly. He would have practically one “big” game a yr against OSU...

vCash
    Penn St. has won 42 games the last 4 years. They're not firing James Franklin no matter how they finish this year.

Texas isn't great, but they've been good enough that Herman won't be fired after year 4.

vCash
    Maybe. But have a gut feeling that he still believes he can win a natty at Florida, so maybe not so fast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Penn St. has won 42 games the last 4 years. They're not firing James Franklin no matter how they finish this year.

Texas isn't great, but they've been good enough that Herman won't be fired after year 4.
    I think penn st is headed into a really bad year, but you're probably right. I just get the impression that penn st feels they underachieve under Franklin, so I think it's a shot. My other guess on harbaugh leaving though could be what keeps Franklin around ... doubt penn state wants to go against Michigan for a HC.
    Last edited by msstate7; 11-08-2020 at 02:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    Maybe. But have a gut feeling that he still believes he can win a natty at Florida, so maybe not so fast
    This. Mullen isn't leaving Florida for another football job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I beat if Franklin gets fired, Mullen will be offered that job. Will he go, possibly. He would have practically one “big” game a yr against OSU...
    He's got 3 "big" games now (UGA, LSU, Bama in the championship) but the advantage of Florida is 1) it's always recruited better than PSU, 2) ou cna lose one of those 3 big games and still make the playoffs. A 12-1 Florida with a couple big wins is in over a 12-1 PSU with maybe 1 big win

vCash
    If Mullen were to leave Florida- it would only be to go to Penn State or the NFL. Not sure if the wife would want to move to Pennsylvania though. I dont see Franklin being booted yet.
    Boom is probably done.
    Michigan is certainly getting tired of Harbaugh- but C19 may get him 1 more year.
    I agree the GusBus is headed for 6-4. This is Auburn's chance to finally fire him. Wouldnt surprise me at all. If anybody in the SEC would hire Freezus- look no further than The Plains
    I dont see any way Mason keeps his job unless he gets a C19 pass also.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Freeze at Texas seems like a perfect match. I just don't see Sankey letting him back in the SEC, but who knows.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    I don?t want Jamie Chadwell to end up in the SEC. He wins everywhere and has Coastal Carolina in the top 15. He coached circles around Napier and Napier has a lot more experienced players and talent. He is probably the best coach at a mid major right now.