Thread: Two sad comments from the commentators last night

vCash

Two sad comments from the commentators last night

First about our helmets. They connected the logo to out past with NASA and the space program which I thought was pretty cool for us which they said we wore that logo in the late 60's and early 70's. Then they noted the last time Vandy won here we were probably wearing that logo. History almost repeated itself.

The second comment was Vandy had twice as much offense as us and we hadn't had one play longer than 20 yards. These dink and dunk pass plays suck. If this offense can't complete a pass play longer than 20 yards then something needs to change. That just plain sucks.

vCash
    Gotta give him time. It takes a few year to have enough talent to get 250 yards of offense on a talented team like vandy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Gotta give him time. It takes a few year to have enough talent to get 250 yards of offense on a talented team like vandy.
    Granted..... These are the same players that were lazy and didn't finish plays under JoMo. Look at the offensive players when they get off the field. No emotion..... No care. Some of these guys are simply roster fillers getting a free scholarship. The receivers didn't even understand the concept of catching a football last spring. We suck..... Yes. But let's reserve judgement until we get more guys on this team that actually want to play football.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Ha.
    For real though. Why have we absolutely refused to allow O mitchel and Heath to go downfield?
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I’m not a football mind by any stretch so correct me if I am wrong.

You have to be consistent in the short game to open up the deeper passes. To be consistent in the sort game your QB needs to get pass protection. Which we are lacking in.

vCash
    Leach has no imagination, it's a pretty simple defensive plan against no misdirection plays nor running plays! Just play 3 down lineman and put the other 8 10 yards or less in the box.

Leach's game plan is about like my backyard football days when I was about 10 years.

vCash
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7lLXklHtpkk

Perhaps our players just don’t understand the O because the highlight above has some downfield passing.

vCash
    The Fade to Heath was open all night, we threw it once.

vCash
    Watched the whole thing.

1) Iowa St was usually in a 3-8, sometimes brought 4 or 5. Did a lot to try to confuse the OL.

2) WSU OL actually blocked giving Mishew time. All the downfield stuff this thread is about was on plays where he had 3+s to throw

3) Iowa St zone was really, really, REALLY bad. Guys WAY out of position, guys supposed to cover the flats were not even within 15 yards when the RB caught the dump off, 20 yard passes to a soft spot were only there because 2 defenders were covering the same guy 8 yards away. Really terrible execution.

4) WSU's execution was night and day compared to outs. QB made quick reads and got the ball out before WRs settled into the zones. WR's and QB were always on the same page. WRs made plays and fought for the ball vs letting it get ripped way or half assing routes.

3) leads me to believe SEC defenses are simply too well coached for this system to work here. 4) makes me think we're so far from where we will be we can't draw any conclusions till we stop being terrible in every aspect of the O aside from our RB's, who even then are "meh"
    Last edited by the_real_MSU_is_us; 11-08-2020 at 12:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Leach has no imagination, it's a pretty simple defensive plan against no misdirection plays nor running plays! Just play 3 down lineman and put the other 8 10 yards or less in the box.

Leach's game plan is about like my backyard football days when I was about 10 years.
    Been saying the same thing since day one. Everyone go long and Johnnie do a curl won't work in the SEX.

vCash
    I do think Einland should stay at tackle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I do think Einland should stay at tackle.
    He is so confused right now just leave him where he is at. I hate to say it but he should've followed Dan to FL. He would be one of the best OL in the country/ Hey Coastrat doesn't Leach's offense remind you of what we used to play in our backyard when we were kids? Except we did it better

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Ha.
    For real though. Why have we absolutely refused to allow O mitchel and Heath to go downfield?
    Speaking of WR, where was Payton last night?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coastratdog View Post
    First about our helmets. They connected the logo to out past with NASA and the space program which I thought was pretty cool for us which they said we wore that logo in the late 60's and early 70's. Then they noted the last time Vandy won here we were probably wearing that logo. History almost repeated itself.

The second comment was Vandy had twice as much offense as us and we hadn't had one play longer than 20 yards. These dink and dunk pass plays suck. If this offense can't complete a pass play longer than 20 yards then something needs to change. That just plain sucks.
    Well you could argue that it's not the scheme that isn't working thus far, especially considering Vandy pretty much shut us down for 3 quarters. So you have to wonder why it worked before for Leach, but is stuck spinning in the Mississippi mud at the present.

vCash
    Cause it's called RTGDFB/

vCash
    You have to have an effective running game to get these DC's out of this 3-8 defense, where you can actually possibly open up the secondary with downfield passing. Otherwise these DC's are going to make us try to nickel and dime pass our way down the field, with a high confidence that we can not do that, as has been basically proven so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Well you could argue that it's not the scheme that isn't working thus far, especially considering Vandy pretty much shut us down for 3 quarters. So you have to wonder why it worked before for Leach, but is stuck spinning in the Mississippi mud at the present.

Part of the reason may be due to SEC DC's, SEC Secondaries, SEC Linebackers and SEC DL's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Part of the reason may be due to SEC DC's, SEC Secondaries, SEC Linebackers and SEC DL's.
    But Vandy shut us down for 3 quarters.

vCash
    Big comment to me was the experts were more impressed with Vandy in a loss than MSU in a win. It was like we lost the way they talked about us.

No reason for Leach to get mad at fans; they see what the whole football world sees. I got condolences at church this morning over Leach hire. Don't think that has ever happened after an MSU win in my lifetime.