Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moorhead, Pruitt, and Morris

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I truly believe there's no shot.
    You're definitely ahead in the electoral vote so far lol. I was in attendance and the last time I felt that way during a 3rd quarter offensively we had a 5'10 QB.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    I truly believe there's no shot.
    I wouldn't say "no shot". Probably bout the same odds as a 4th and 20 vs the 85 bears**

vCash
    I have not watched a Giants game, but on National Sports Radio Shows, most think Judge is doing a good job in first year (with what he has been handed).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    I have not watched a Giants game, but on National Sports Radio Shows, most think Judge is doing a good job in first year (with what he has been handed).
    Daniel Jones is a TO machine. He's clearly a talented qb, but he beats his own team almost every game. I think jones will grow out of the TOs though, and they'll get Barkley back along with another top 5 pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yea, I'm not convinced that he would have been more successful in the long run. Since he likely would not have had as drastic of a change in offensive scheme it would have likely been an easier transition this year. Not sure how he would have been on player defections as opposed to Leach.
    He may have been fine- but there are so many unknowns with him. Even if we were to hire him as our coach- how is he at recruiting? I suspect he would have made Derek Dooley our OC based on the fact that he is currently on the Giants staff. He wasn't all world at Mizzou.

I know our fans want a quick turnaround but holy shit- it has been six games and Leach has a history of having two year transitions. The lack of patience just blows my mind. Especially when our record is pretty close to being 5-1 if we reduce our turnovers by 75%. We're throwing pick sixes and INT's in the end zone and that is literally the difference in every game except LSU and Alabama. And this is year one with almost all new people.

vCash
    really bro? I'm shocked that anyone can still think this will work. You can't be one-dimensional in this conference. It is painfully obvious.
    With our current talent deficit and youth, nothing would work well. Being honest with ourselves, we don't have much SEC talent on the offense right now regardless of system. And no, I don't think Leach will ever put up the video game numbers in the SEC that he did in the Big 12 and Pac 12 but I have not given up hope that he can still have an effective offense with his system in the SEC if he has players suited to the system that have actually been playing in the system for more than 2 months.

vCash
    With our current talent deficit and youth, nothing would work well. Being honest with ourselves, we don't have much SEC talent on the offense right now regardless of system. And no, I don't think Leach will ever put up the video game numbers in the SEC that he did in the Big 12 and Pac 12 but I have not given up hope that he can still have an effective offense with his system in the SEC if he has players suited to the system that have actually been playing in the system for more than 2 months.
    We had a good run blocking oline, solid dual QB, and the sec leading rusher from 2019, so yeah, I think some coaches could've been effective with those pieces. We went to an all air attack though with no ability to use those pieces

vCash
    And for the Mississippi doesn't produce his kind of players folks- we have a four star QB and two four star out of state wide receivers committed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We had a good run blocking oline, solid dual QB, and the sec leading rusher from 2019, so yeah, I think some coaches could've been effective with those pieces. We went to an all air attack though with no ability to use those pieces
    We are starting a freshman and two sophomores on the o-line no matter what the scheme. And one of our seniors has been terrible for most of his career including this year at tackle. Hill is a head case.

vCash
    I disagree. We supposedly had most all of those ingredients the past 2 years under JoMo and still sucked on offense with Fitz and with Stevens/Shrader. And, RIGHT NOW, we don't have the 2019 SEC leading rusher available and I'm not sure he would have stayed under any coach that demanded discipline. So I feel pretty confident that nothing would be working WELL at the moment, though I agree that if we hadn't gone to a totally foreign system to our players it likely would not be the total train wreck we have now. But, it was stated by many people who know Leach's history, that it takes 2 or 3 seasons for him to get up to full speed with his system at a new school. And we might take longer because we have NEVER been an effective passing school. But it would have at least helped had we gotten a Spring Practice.

vCash
    A team with no offensive weapons scored 44 and set a school record for passing yards in week 1. Funny how we have the weapons we need when facing man to man

vCash
    A team with no offensive weapons scored 44 and set a school record for passing yards in week 1. Funny how we have the weapons we need when facing man to man
    So you're saying that going 4 vs 8 beyond the line of scrimmage every snap isn't a recipe for success?
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Of those three guys, Moorehead was the best candidate. On paper, The Moorehead hire was the same as the Mullen hire. A successful OC from a successful P5 school.

Where Cohen is at fault is firing Moorehead after signing day. Most of the good candidates had already taken jobs. So no wonder his only two candidates were leach and a guy with no experience.

Once Cohen decided to keep Moorhead after the egg bowl, He should stayed committed to the decision. I realize the whole bowl
    Prep and bowl game was an absolute shit show. But you have the whole
    Off season to have a come to Jesus with Moorehead about discipline and conditioning etc.

But that's over and done. Maybe with the way Cohen had a quick trigger on Moorhead, Cohen shows Leach the door if this offense continues to be an absolute cluster f.

vCash
    If you've got a good coach, you shouldn't have to go hit rock bottom to get better. You should see some progress. I can handle losing when I see progress. We never saw it with Moorhead and we haven't with Leach. But Leach is here for a few years, so I'm going to bitch about obvious stuff, but hope it gets better. We need it to get better. Next year will be bad though. FR aren't going to change it. Good thing is, all eyes are one Cohen now. He's toast if Leach fails.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Of those three guys, Moorehead was the best candidate. On paper, The Moorehead hire was the same as the Mullen hire. A successful OC from a successful P5 school.

Where Cohen is at fault is firing Moorehead after signing day. Most of the good candidates had already taken jobs. So no wonder his only two candidates were leach and a guy with no experience.

Once Cohen decided to keep Moorhead after the egg bowl, He should stayed committed to the decision. I realize the whole bowl
    Prep and bowl game was an absolute shit show. But you have the whole
    Off season to have a come to Jesus with Moorehead about discipline and conditioning etc.

But that's over and done. Maybe with the way Cohen had a quick trigger on Moorhead, Cohen shows Leach the door if this offense continues to be an absolute cluster f.
    Moorhead was demoted as OC and was about to be fired at another stop when he left. He was nothing like Mullen. Cohen failed to do his research.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    The fact of Judge not being married to an offensive or defensive scheme won me over. I'm so tired of it
    Yep, that is my biggest beef with Moorhead and Leach. My scheme and lose that is what is important. If you try something new and lose, fine but just doing the same thing, over and over is insanity.